Did I Just Get DEFECTED??

Was pulled over by cops on Thursday. Found my car to be too low, window tints too dark and smoked tail lights illegal. However this was all verbal indications, I wasn't given a defect slip, cop just said I'd have to pay $35 for an inspection and giving heaps of time to fix it. Will I receive a notice in d mail?

Was pulled over by cops on Thursday. Found my car to be too low, window tints too dark and smoked tail lights illegal. However this was all verbal indications, I wasn't given a defect slip, cop just said I'd have to pay $35 for an inspection and giving heaps of time to fix it. Will I receive a notice in d mail?

What is this "d mail" you speak of? dry.gif

the mail,

he's just being lazy lols, :P

net speak makes us even more dumb these days :lol:

dude, u just have to wait for it. EPA always appears in the mail without notice.

be prepared for an inspection for noise level too. didn't I tell u to raise your car before?

sorry to hear this mate but u did bring it to urself.

just have to wait for the mail to come and act accordingly.

one question: why did u get pulled over anyways? n which state u from?

edit: ok nsw. they r real bitches with the Modding scene. be prepared for the worst

hrmmm, thats odd, when i got defected a cop in vic gave me a blue slip, im guessing its different in nsw ?

Edited by jeffy

or you can put it as "defect mail"

iseewhatyoudidtherej.jpg

Edited by jeffy

hrmmm, thats odd, when i got defected a cop in vic gave me a blue slip, im guessing its different in nsw ?

Nah, chances are OP is lucky and will get a rebate in the mail instead.

dude, u just have to wait for it. EPA always appears in the mail without notice.

be prepared for an inspection for noise level too. didn't I tell u to raise your car before?

edit: ok nsw. they r real bitches with the Modding scene. be prepared for the worst

Yeah I'm from NSW, pulled over in Kings Cross on a Thursday arvo after work, I asked y i was pulled over & his excuse was the car looked 'too hotted up' and I was driving a 'boom box' wateva that is. First thing he did was check the height of the car, the wheel thing they use just didn't make it under the piping, however I did have 2 x small ladders & tools in the back (had to use my car for work that day, smh.) my car isn't loud tho, it's deep. I'm hoping I dnt receive anything as experienced people I've talked to say I won't get defected as if I was to they would have given a yellow or red label. But I'll just have to see

I'm hoping I dnt receive anything as experienced people I've talked to say I won't get defected as if I was to they would have given a yellow or red label. But I'll just have to see

And this is why you should ask questions at the time of the offence. Don't ask the question... then you have to wait and see what happens. We can't tell you what the officer is going to do with your information now.

or you can put it as "defect mail"

iseewhatyoudidtherej.jpg

Oh Yeah that's what I meant .. Lol

Don't quote me, but the fact that you didn't receive a defect slip aka "canary" on the spot might mean that you've just got off with a warning (even though they said you'll need an inspection etc). Then again on the same token, don't be surprised if you get a letter in the mail (cops are lazy sometimes).

Lol chris didnt know you were on Tocau. Bad luck man.

LOL yeah man been on here 4 a bit, nah I hope it's jst a warning tho, if not I'll just get sum spacers 4 my suspension & do my tail lights again less obvious/dark lol

Yeah I'm from NSW, pulled over in Kings Cross on a Thursday arvo after work, I asked y i was pulled over & his excuse was the car looked 'too hotted up' and I was driving a 'boom box' wateva that is. First thing he did was check the height of the car, the wheel thing they use just didn't make it under the piping, however I did have 2 x small ladders & tools in the back (had to use my car for work that day, smh.) my car isn't loud tho, it's deep. I'm hoping I dnt receive anything as experienced people I've talked to say I won't get defected as if I was to they would have given a yellow or red label. But I'll just have to see

Kings Cross is the worst, i went thru there on my bike about 6 months ago with 5 other bikes we all got letters in the mail to goto EPA, had to take our pipes off put the stockers back on and take it for the test. The guy who did the test said Kings Cross keeps him open. Costed us about $60-80 each. I can imagine with the car would be alot more headache then a bike.

The day after it was cleared put the original pipe back on and did the biggest wheel stand to celebrate hahaha.

Good luck with it all, hope they dont get you for everything.

Don't suppose you know which station the officer was from? If so, just give him a call and ask. If you were allowed to drive your car from the scene, chances are you'd only be issued with a minor defect, if any at all. Down here in Vic though, if Police issue you with a defect notice and want you to take it to the RTA to get certified, they put a defect sticker on the windscreen....I'm not sure if the same would apply in NSW, but might be something to make some further enquiries about ie: look on the RTA website.

If you were defected he would of told you from the time your all sweet mate.

Sydney cops when it comes to mods, they are a pain in the *****, with previous cars i always got hassled never in the corolla but then again i did get grabbed once in kings cross because of my old exhaust

i havent had any problems yet with your old exhaust ive been pulled over rbt and ive had cops sit behind me but they have never pulled me over =]but 100% if you had gotten defect he would have told you... unless it was for noise i dunno i highly doubt it though

If you were defected he would of told you from the time your all sweet mate.

Sydney cops when it comes to mods, they are a pain in the *****, with previous cars i always got hassled never in the corolla but then again i did get grabbed once in kings cross because of my old exhaust

Yeah man I hope so, he did say what I needed to fix up and that a $35 inspection was the only thing I'd need to pay so lol idk but I'll leave it at that and see if anything comes thru the mail, knock on wood nothing does lol

A $35 inspection will be pink slip only so you've got nothing to worry about... Find someone you know, friend of a friend, who ever to pass your inspection, leave the car off the road for a week and you're done...

Defects come pretty often with my cars, really need to get them engineered but waiting till I finish everything I want to do first...

A $35 inspection will be pink slip only so you've got nothing to worry about... Find someone you know, friend of a friend, who ever to pass your inspection, leave the car off the road for a week and you're done...

Defects come pretty often with my cars, really need to get them engineered but waiting till I finish everything I want to do first...

Hey man, I've actually managed to find that friend to do it 4 me, but why is it I should leave the car off the road 4 a week?

What defects have u received? I got a blue slip thru the mail today saying:

Window Tints to be 35% ( I've got 15% tint but I'm leaving it)

Suspension to be 100mm of the ground (that day I had my trunk full of tools and ladders so I want to see if it clears now, if not I'll get spacers)

Exahust to be under 90db

Taillight tints ( the only thing I'm fixing as it jst too obvious)

Rims size to be checked (I've got 18's)

Edited by RNN4MK

• 2 weeks later...

I leave my cars off the road for a week to protect the workshop clearing the defects, so I can say that in that 1 week time I've re-done all the mods to the car if I get pulled over again...

If you get pulled over driving on the way home from getting them cleared and they're all still on the car, the workshop and person clearing them will be in big s**t and also most likely have to drag the process through court (currently happening with a friend)...

I'm lucky enough to have two cars on the road and another in the build so I can afford to have one sitting at home and drive another...

You may or may not be lucky. I have witnessed both cases where no fine or defect notices was issued on the spot and it turned up in the mail and another time it never came.

You will just have to wait it out and see. There is a good chance you might not get it but don't get your hopes up. All depends if the cop was having a lazy day and didn't want to do the paper work.