Satin Black Wrapped Lexus IS F

Defyant

Spotted this yesterday thought i'd share.

@ first i thought what sorta loon would satin black a ISF!!! then after a closer look i noticed it was a wrap! pretty impressive effect, somthing i'd consider for sure if the price is right!

post-20462-0-57479500-1312595089_thumb.jpost-20462-0-11651600-1312595092_thumb.jpost-20462-0-67269900-1312595093_thumb.jpost-20462-0-67237800-1312595095_thumb.jpost-20462-0-15780900-1312595097_thumb.jpost-20462-0-52738100-1312595098_thumb.jpost-20462-0-58222500-1312595099_thumb.jpost-20462-0-93322900-1312595100_thumb.jpost-20462-0-12262400-1312595102_thumb.jpost-20462-0-16443500-1312595103_thumb.j

Looks like carbon fibre from a quick glance, imo,

Lols, hope the owner didn't catch you taking photos, :P I got told off one time when I saw a subaru with a nice custom purple paint job, <_<

satin black or matte black is too played out imo...saw a Jaguar XF wrapped in carbon wrap in the city yesterday..

really? i could count the number of times i've seen a matt,satin or frosted black car on the road on one hand. side note- why can't i see these pics.

Was this car in Sydney by any chance? When we were there in November i seen one just like this in the circular quey area. Was just working along the street and seen it rumbles past and i said to Cara quick look at that ISF "the what? The black car just there! " oh yeah what about it? lol blonde look at the colour of the black paintwork!

Surely you'd respray before you'd wrap a whole car? I'd have thought wrapping would be a considerably more expensive exercise.

Either way, dislike. Satin/Matte finishes look... well... unfinished IMO. Much prefer a nice clearcoat buffed to look like glass.

So you can actually tell it was a wrap?

Not at first glance! only and only upon real close inspection and then it was only cause i looked inside the door gaps.... other wise you could never tell, flawless job.

Was this car in Sydney by any chance? When we were there in November i seen one just like this in the circular quey area. Was just working along the street and seen it rumbles past and i said to Cara quick look at that ISF "the what? The black car just there! " oh yeah what about it? lol blonde look at the colour of the black paintwork!

Yup you got it mate sure was, surry hills! i recon there would only be one.

Surely you'd respray before you'd wrap a whole car? I'd have thought wrapping would be a considerably more expensive exercise.

Either way, dislike. Satin/Matte finishes look... well... unfinished IMO. Much prefer a nice clearcoat buffed to look like glass.

Ya recon? you got a 100k+ to throw down on a car surley a 2-3k MAX imo is the way to go? rather then spend 3k on permanent painting?

He drives the car he likes to see, then peels it off in the end to show a nice shiney paint job and gets max price back. surley thats win win.

don't know about you but i just wanted to get the chalk out lol.

LOL Yer there was a nice white bird ***** on it :P but you could see that it would wash right off.

So you can actually tell it was a wrap?

Not at first glance! only and only upon real close inspection and then it was only cause i looked inside the door gaps.... other wise you could never tell, flawless job.

Yup you got it mate sure was, surry hills! i recon there would only be one.

Ya recon? you got a 100k+ to throw down on a car surley a 2-3k MAX imo is the way to go? rather then spend 3k on permanent painting?

He drives the car he likes to see, then peels it off in the end to show a nice shiney paint job and gets max price back. surley thats win win.

don't know about you but i just wanted to get the chalk out lol.

LOL Yer there was a nice white bird ***** on it :P but you could see that it would wash right off.

Yeah right surrey hills hay lol. we was just walking along opposite the cruise ship/ocean liner terminal and i heard this real meaty burble coming from behind and i turned around and spotted this big bad menacing Lexus looked awesome. Actually pretty sure i think i messaged you Foss about it?

satin black or matte black is too played out imo...saw a Jaguar XF wrapped in carbon wrap in the city yesterday..

I think Carbon Demon on here did the Jag, I've seen that Lexus and looks brilliant..

Wonder what a satin Hello Kitty wrap would look like.. :lol: :lol:

why the f**k do these attachments never work for me?

Always get this crap: [#10171] You do not have permission to view this attachment.

Me too! I just re-do my login and that seems to work. You may have to wait a few seconds and re-load the page from the start

I use Mozilla for the best results but it logs you back out if you use the 'go back' button

That'd be an ar.se of a job to take off, too. I remember when my old man decided to change that chunky decal everyone was putting up the sides of their dualcab 4x4 Hiluxes in the mid 90s. That took ages to do! You'd have to really love your car in satin black to be bothered going to that much effort.

Actually pretty sure i think i messaged you Foss about it?

Rings a bell.