[NSW] SYDNEY MONTHLY MEET

As the title suggest, EOMM stands for End of Monthly Meets. So the last week of evry month, on a saturday night. If you go to page 1, it tells you the exact date and location. Welcome to the club Buddy. :)

As the title suggest, EOMM stands for End of Monthly Meets. So the last week of evry month, on a saturday night. If you go to page 1, it tells you the exact date and location. Welcome to the club Buddy. :)

Cheers man. Missed that obvious little detail lol.

Im driving around all day, and don't see many good places that can take 20+ cars @ night. Most the good spots i see have already been tainted by goons.

But i for one am happy to drive the extra k's if need be to accomodate the other members who have to drive big k's to meets.

Good lighting for pics, good parking, ontap food...... does always sound like some sort of fast food joint.

I can't believe that in the biggest city in Australia we cant find a meet place that isnt a maccas car park.. I think its great some of you agree and are looking... A thought just occured to me... what about the very top floor of a Westfields parking lot? I only know Miranda Fair well.. but a place like that at night time after peek would be pretty quiet unless Im mistaken, only movie goers.. and there is lots of food choices.. and the background view of the city is awesome, depending on location of course.. and 20+ cars heading down the spiral of levels all together after the meet would be cool IMO.. :)

Still waiting for coilovers.. 7 weeks and counting.. the reason I haven't showed to a meet. As soon as they are fitted I'm there...

I can't believe that in the biggest city in Australia we cant find a meet place that isnt a maccas car park.. I think its great some of you agree and are looking... A thought just occured to me... what about the very top floor of a Westfields parking lot? I only know Miranda Fair well.. but a place like that at night time after peek would be pretty quiet unless Im mistaken, only movie goers.. and there is lots of food choices.. and the background view of the city is awesome, depending on location of course.. and 20+ cars heading down the spiral of levels all together after the meet would be cool IMO.. :)

The issue with most top-floor carparks (apart from a lot of them not being open at the right time) is that you have to get to the roof first - the Macquarie Centre is a prime example of tight ramps, sharp corners and huge bodykit-ripping speed bumps. And then if you're planning to go anywhere as a group afterwards, you have to filter back down these same ramps in a group about as fast as a geriatric snail would choose a retirement village....

The issue with most top-floor carparks (apart from a lot of them not being open at the right time) is that you have to get to the roof first - the Macquarie Centre is a prime example of tight ramps, sharp corners and huge bodykit-ripping speed bumps. And then if you're planning to go anywhere as a group afterwards, you have to filter back down these same ramps in a group about as fast as a geriatric snail would choose a retirement village....

oh bugger.. I forgot about the bodykit factor.. although the Miranda Fair carpark has an "express" lane thing that goes straight to the top without all the turns.. anyone know the one Im talking about?

Why does that scene from Need for Speed come to mind :P

It's not that we can't find spots , it's finding spots that arn't already know as hoon spots. (most car parks etc around are patroled) i did find what i thought could be a possible candidate @ tempe. Behind Harry De Wheels is a well lit car park thats open till 11. theres 2 or 3 area's we could use. Again close to food, no housing, and with pretty decent lighting and airport lights for backdrops.

I'll keep looking but i'm still happy to stick with greenacre for now.

Why does that scene from Need for Speed come to mind :P

It's not that we can't find spots , it's finding spots that arn't already know as hoon spots. (most car parks etc around are patroled) i did find what i thought could be a possible candidate @ tempe. Behind Harry De Wheels is a well lit car park thats open till 11. theres 2 or 3 area's we could use. Again close to food, no housing, and with pretty decent lighting and airport lights for backdrops.

I'll keep looking but i'm still happy to stick with greenacre for now.

I swear on my GT4 registration paper.. :ninja: I did not know that movie was going on to be on that night after suggesting it... complete fluke. When I saw it on that night I thought.. sh*t they are going to give me hell now.. lmao

Anyway... if we dont have all those hot chicks dancing around then we arent going to attract too much attention.. :)

I just started thinking about a carpark and food and where better than the top of a... ohhhh forget it. :D

Whatever you guys decide.. Im just a nut in a Celica what would I know.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Since Daylight saving ends April 2, we need to have one last good cruise before then.

This will become EOMM March to be held on the 31st March.

Suggestions Include:

Kangaroo Valley > Kiama > Home

Redhead Beach (Newcastle)

Bathurst

Everyone put your suggestions down and I'll draw up the route for the most popular one :)

Kiama/Kangaroo Valley is stretching it for me, Bathurst I do every year with Twincam, and Redhead is 15 minutes away......hmmmm gee I wonder which one I'd choose :D

BATHURST but if it is the chosen cruise we must make sure the track is fully opened to the public coz last time I went it was closed from McPhillamy Park to Forest Elbow because of some motorkhana

This is one EOMM I won't miss - I vote for all 3 (I can't decide as I love all 3 choices)

LOL kinda agree!

This months meet kinda fizzeld :(

not like last months 20+ turnout, that was a great night! looking very much forward to another night like that.

You don't need to have a Toyota to join a TOCAU meet or cruise as long as you're a member which of course you are.

We just prefer that any meet or cruise is not mentioned on Facebook or any other forum.