Broken Dyno?

I won't know their nicknames on the forums, and some don't exist on forum but can be located at cardomain.com. I remember the dude who turboed his car, and became the 1st to do it on 9th generation corolla, his nickname is crovax.

Also, don't forget, search for older model corolla. USA got 1zz-fe ever since the previous generation corolla, unlike us who got 1zz on current model. Don't forget Matrix owners also have 1zz-fe. So is Celica GT. Each one of this model with 1zz-fe has been turboed in america. So is MR-S (MR2). And if the turbo kit is made for Matrix, it has been confirmed that it will fit Corolla. But you can copy what they did to the other model with 1zz-fe. So don't look on just corolla alone.

Your best guide to turboing your 1ZZ-FE, is to talk to monkeywrenchracing. I forgot their website, but they have this turboed MR-S that makes 300 plus ponies with internal mods, pretty hardcore I must say.

yo danz! i can back you up on this one...

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/

and guys.... ffs.... do some reading and research... we don't just know these things... what we learn and know are knowledge we've gained over time!!

grimlock would back me up on this too... we also learn things and increase our knowledge by actually going ahead and doing it...

:D somethings aren't that hard...

I won't know their nicknames on the forums, and some don't exist on forum but can be located at cardomain.com. I remember the dude who turboed his car, and became the 1st to do it on 9th generation corolla, his nickname is crovax.

Also, don't forget, search for older model corolla. USA got 1zz-fe ever since the previous generation corolla, unlike us who got 1zz on current model. Don't forget Matrix owners also have 1zz-fe. So is Celica GT. Each one of this model with 1zz-fe has been turboed in america. So is MR-S (MR2). And if the turbo kit is made for Matrix, it has been confirmed that it will fit Corolla. But you can copy what they did to the other model with 1zz-fe. So don't look on just corolla alone.

Your best guide to turboing your 1ZZ-FE, is to talk to monkeywrenchracing. I forgot their website, but they have this turboed MR-S that makes 300 plus ponies with internal mods, pretty hardcore I must say.

yo danz! i can back you up on this one...

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/

and guys.... ffs.... do some reading and research... we don't just know these things... what we learn and know are knowledge we've gained over time!!

grimlock would back me up on this too... we also learn things and increase our knowledge by actually going ahead and doing it...

:D somethings aren't that hard...

Yeah guys, relax, i simply stated that i may be planning a turbo job in the next year or so...not the next week, so there is no rush to get educated in every detail RIGHT NOW. I am not flipping out and making uneducated claims.

I have every intention of carrying out extensive research throughout the next revolution of the sun, i have plenty of time. Paradox also is carefully planning his job, however he is aiming kind of too high for my requirements and budget.

Also pippy, i am not complaining about the lack of availability of information, if it exists i can find it, i have no doubt about that, however i clearly stated "Admittedly i have not investigated extensively however i am aware of all the resources you listed there paradox". Nor was i having a go at Mr Danz, i was just joking with the demands (note the following emoticon), although i was genuinly interested in the articles about 02+ turbo'd rollas, so there was no need to defend him, i trust he is educated.

What i was having a bytch about was the time required to make the dosh to get the job done :( work sucks :(

if they've only got 200kw from 20K on an sr, with just a linear power curve to show for it, they should have spent the money elsewhere for better gains.

I've got mates with CA18's making 180 and 190 kw with 4K spent each, and the cars have the f_ck flogged out of them everyday.

Don't worry, I know you guys are excited with turbo R&D. I'll be more than happy to help you guys with all the information I have. I have a friend who is also planning to turbo his corolla, all of our informations are gained from USA owner. I don't plan to turbo my car, so all I can give you guys as an information is where about you guys can find it.

Throughout my research, some say the manifold for 1zz-fe is not good for turbo as it is made from plastic, but some say otherwise. I read that seems like almost everyone who does turbo has some sort of oil leak. Its like a common problem they have to encounter, but its fixable. Auto 1zz-fe with turbo seems to be a kick ***** machine also, infact the 1st dude who turboed his 9th gen corolla have an auto rolla.

From the beginning, there were 2 people who go down F/! way. One go for TRD S/C and the other go for Turbo. It doesn't take a scientist to figure out that the turbo ended up making more power right down from 1st install. Initially, the turbo rolla has many many problems, but looks like he got kick ***** mechanic that is able to sort things out. Their knowledge with 1zz-fe is beyond our knowledge so its no doubt that USA owners is who u should talk to for turboing your 1zz-fe.

I'm sure, local knowledge for building turbo kit is as good as those in USA. However, 1zz-fe engine knowledge may not be as sharp. But it won't be hard for pro turbo installer to figure out what's best for 1zz-fe.

AVO turboworld quoted $8000 turbo kit for 1zz-fe by the way, expensive, but u take that into account that whoever is going to turbo their 1zz-fe will become AVO's R&D project since they don't produce the turbo kit at mass production yet. Unlike Civic kit, which is very very affordable.

if they're getting oil leaks from the motor after turbo installation it's quite possible they didn't re-route the pcv hose, and are pressurising the crankcase under boost. Lots of DIY turbo people make that mistake. It's best to plumb the PCV to an oil catch can with the breather plumbed back in between the turbo and the airfilter, that way it's still legal.

Come to remember what they said, i think that's absolutely spot on rollamods. Well, there you have it guys, someone who knows turbo can help you build your own turbo kit. As I said, turbo kit consists of the usual turbo kit components, nothing new, just that u need to figure out the piping route.

Rollamods, how much is the best figure can you come up with for turbo kit plus install and tuning?

By the way, wasn't this topic started as dyno?

if they've only got 200kw from 20K on an sr, with just a linear power curve to show for it, they should have spent the money elsewhere for better gains.

I've got mates with CA18's making 180 and 190 kw with 4K spent each, and the cars have the f_ck flogged out of them everyday.

I retract my previous statement... okay $20k does include some rice (rims, bodykit) and suspension mods, but it's probably fair to say they've spent at least $10k on power... also remembering that average joes (being my friends) don't know how to install their own parts... 180kW out of a CA with 4k spent is very nice.....

Rollamods, how much is the best figure can you come up with for turbo kit plus install and tuning?

I would also be very interested in the price.

Steampipe manifold: $400

TD04 from WRX: $250 s/h

Dump pipe, metalcat, 2.5" or 3" mandel exhaust: $900-1200 depending on mufflers and material

gaskets: $100

Cooler: $250

Cooler pipes, hoses and clamps: $450

Oil feed and return lines + fittings: $120

Oil drain bung welding to sump: $40

Gasket goo to re-seal sump: $20

Waterline fittings and hose: $40

New oil filter: $17

Walbro 500hp intank pump $170

Fuel Rail and regulator for return-style fuel system modification: $?

Metal fuel hose and EFI lines/fittings: $70

New Sard injectors: $500ish, or other suitable injectors from another toyota motor...

Bosch BOV $50 (or more if you like your rice)

emanage: $500 secondhand with ignition loom, injector loom, and support tool.

MAP sensor for Emanage: $150-170

OR

PowerFC $1100

2 Hours of Dyno time $220

HD Clutch $180-400 depending on how much you get ripped off (best to get the factory pressure plate uprated and a new organic clutch plate.)

then possibly a custom intake manifold depending on what boost you want to run: $400-1000 depending on style.

Then when you get really serious, you go for the interals, so...

Forged pistons: $800ish depending on source

Rods: $800-1200 depending on material and style.

New toyota headgasket $90-120

Clean, hone and deck block $80

Personally I'd purchase a 1zz long motor to build up first to reduce the amount of time the car is off the road (possible to complete the turbo conversion in well under a week then)

Timing for swap is:

Removal of old motor, install of new motor with turbo, clutch etc - 1 day

Cooler mounting, pipes, and exhaust - 1 day

Fuel System - 1 day

Electrical - 1 Day (taking your time...)

Tuning - Couple of hours on Dyno with competent tuner.

Then you can add labour rates to this, which most workshops charge $80/hr.

...so, that's all close enough to no change from 10K including a long motor to use as the base. Not including labour, which would be between 1500 and 4K depending on the shop.

so lets say $14K total incl labour... for that money you can buy something like my jzx81 with almost 200kw ATW on wastegate boost pressure.

Steampipe manifold: $400

TD04 from WRX: $250 s/h

Dump pipe, metalcat, 2.5" or 3" mandel exhaust: $900-1200 depending on mufflers and material

gaskets: $100

Cooler: $250

Cooler pipes, hoses and clamps: $450

Oil feed and return lines + fittings: $120

Oil drain bung welding to sump: $40

Gasket goo to re-seal sump: $20

Waterline fittings and hose: $40

New oil filter: $17

Walbro 500hp intank pump $170

Fuel Rail and regulator for return-style fuel system modification: $?

Metal fuel hose and EFI lines/fittings: $70

New Sard injectors: $500ish, or other suitable injectors from another toyota motor...

Bosch BOV $50 (or more if you like your rice)

emanage: $500 secondhand with ignition loom, injector loom, and support tool.

MAP sensor for Emanage: $150-170

OR

PowerFC $1100

2 Hours of Dyno time $220

HD Clutch $180-400 depending on how much you get ripped off (best to get the factory pressure plate uprated and a new organic clutch plate.)

then possibly a custom intake manifold depending on what boost you want to run: $400-1000 depending on style.

Then when you get really serious, you go for the interals, so...

Forged pistons: $800ish depending on source

Rods: $800-1200 depending on material and style.

New toyota headgasket $90-120

Clean, hone and deck block $80

Personally I'd purchase a 1zz long motor to build up first to reduce the amount of time the car is off the road (possible to complete the turbo conversion in well under a week then)

Timing for swap is:

Removal of old motor, install of new motor with turbo, clutch etc - 1 day

Cooler mounting, pipes, and exhaust - 1 day

Fuel System - 1 day

Electrical - 1 Day (taking your time...)

Tuning - Couple of hours on Dyno with competent tuner.

Then you can add labour rates to this, which most workshops charge $80/hr.

Having to be real nice to your brother to ask him to help you rebuild it if it ends up in the lake at Darlington Park - PRICELESS!!!!!! :P :P :P