Destroyed One of My new Wheels

ZAV

Got run off the road by a truck today. Obviously didnt check his blind spot and changed into my lane. He would have taken out my front quarter front door and rear door. I had to make a split second decision, a smashed up car or my brand new rims. I chose to take the gutter. It was a good and bad decision.

Here is the damage. Fortunantely only had 1 wheel damaged.

Oh yeah and I didnt get his plates since they were nearly black, and he just kept driving.

Im going to replace the rim this week. Here is a pic with the stokie on.

Edited by ZAV

trucks are trucks,

give them the space they need and the respect, they might do the same in return.

and don't complain about them if you haven't driven one before either.

i tend to stay well away from them, not only for that factor but the amount of **** they tend to flick up

trucks are trucks,

give them the space they need and the respect, they might do the same in return.

i tend to stay well away from them, not only for that factor but the amount of **** they tend to flick up

Fair enough but he is the one who overtook me, then almost drove into me. It wasnt like i was trying to sneak past him. I really dont know how he didnt see me. Prob just forgot i was there. Or probably he was all wired on speed and coke.

Edited by ZAV

trucks are trucks,

Fair enough but he is the one who overtook me, then almost drove into me. It wasnt like i was trying to sneak past him. I really dont know how he didnt see me. Prob just forgot i was there. Or probably he was all wired on speed and coke.

Lower your car while your at it :) and get a full realignment

thats crap to hear mate... I killed half of my front right wheel twice! wondering how?

1. after a night out drinking, coming home to park, i kissed the side crub made of BLUE STONE with sharp edges, it killed the wheels and took a chuck out of my tyres.

- after 10,000 changed the wheels from front to back and vv.

2. after a night out... no not drinking just tired at 6am... i once again kissed the side crub.

damn... can't be stuffed changing.

I agree with pippy when a truck is near i either LIFT and pass him or stay back... way back.

Eggzackery, trucks actually have bugger all rear/side vision, don't stay beside one and if you can't see their mirrors - They can't see you!

sorry to hear bout that, but none of this give them the respect that they demand rubbish, bigger doesn't equal respect, just an unfortunate accident? did you get the name of the trucking company? maybe that would help?

have u actually driven a real truck?

do u have any idea wat it feels like to have cars and bikes zipping around u all the time. then when u make a turn u have to turn very late to accomodate the turning circle and then some smart driver decides to play fill in the blanks. do u know how big the blindspots are. and how many blindspots there are? there are blindspots where u wouldn't even dream of having in a car. on top of that, they don't turn, accelerate or brake very well.

i'd be a bit more understanding. at the same time i would also get onto the trucking company asap, but be prepared for setbacks.

sorry to hear bout that, but none of this give them the respect that they demand rubbish, bigger doesn't equal respect, just an unfortunate accident? did you get the name of the trucking company? maybe that would help?

do u have any idea wat it feels like to have cars and bikes zipping around u all the time. then when u make a turn u have to turn very late to accomodate the turning circle and then some smart driver decides to play fill in the blanks. do u know how big the blindspots are. and how many blindspots there are? there are blindspots where u wouldn't even dream of having in a car. on top of that, they don't turn, accelerate or brake very well.

i'd be a bit more understanding. at the same time i would also get onto the trucking company asap, but be prepared for setbacks.

Hold up, at NO TIME did i say it was the truckers fault, all i said was 'bigger doesn't demand more respect' which i believe is true, the small cars should realise they can be easily squished and the big trucks should trucks should realise that can easliy squish. I can understand that driving one of those things must be real difficult beyond what i can imagine, i didn't say it was easy. But what i DID say was 'it was an unfortunate accident', NOT 'trucks are like cars so its the truckers fault'. I respect your knowledge shao but don't go taking stabs at me.

Truckies sit up in their cab, impervious to everything, so they just don't care.

I'm sure those things are very hard to drive, no doubt, but if they really are that difficult then they should be taking more care when driving them.

Yep, the amount of times this has happening to me is most uncool.

Just be cruising along and some turd in a vehicle (yes more cars have done it to me thank trucks, but there are more cars on the road than trucks) next to you just starts pulling into you.

This happened a few weeks ago to me with a Commo driver (bloody SOB), not in his blind spot, narrow 2 laned road, he just swerves into me. The problem is:

1) the 1zz doesnt have enough juice to blast past him

2)some P plating clown in an old piece of crap laser with probably no brakes/reaction time was tail gating me

So what do you do when faced with this situation? Well i simply compared the cost of a potentially smashed rear bumper with a completely rooted drivers side and applied the brakes...

It was close, i reckon 5-10cm, from my rear view mirror it looked like the laser had ploughed right into the back of me in which case some road rage probably would have resulted. But anyhow the Commo missed me, no damages, just a little edgy from the incompetent driving <_<

And artivo, driving while under any influence isnt cool, but i can totally relate to driving late night/early morning and being really tired...got home at 4am the other night and almost smashed into the hot water system at the side of the house i was that dissorientated, haha.

i think car drivers need to be more compassionate on the road.

i don't think they are quite aware of the their surroundings in general.

i cringe when i see a driver cut into a lane leaving not much room for trucks to stop. and when i see a truckie do some extreme braking so that contact is avoided, i keep thinking.. impressive. similarly impressive is their (and some bus drivers) manouveurability in tight situations like roundabouts.

the other thing a lot of car drivers are impervious to are bikers. however saying that, some bikers don't help their situation by weaving in and out either.

i think it's all down to common sense by every1 using the roads.

ouch! 2 week old 18"s, that hurts, sorry again :(

Hmm i got some more bad news. My insurance company wont let me have those wheels on my car. When i rang them before i bought my wheels they said I could go 2 inches up but never said anything about width. Now they are saying i can only go 7 inch wide not 7.5 inches.

So i guess my wheels are for sale now. So 4 perfect Ozzie racing 18x7.5 OZR-068 light weight racing wheels in shadow with Falken Ziex 512 225/35R18 plus 1 scrathced rim for a spare for $1900. Cost me $2400 all up after replacing a rim (Have reciepts). Only 2 weeks Old. They are off the car now in my garage. So who ever wants to pic up in Melbourne and pay cash its theirs.

Edited by ZAV