CAI

im thinking of putting in a CAI.

What kinda of responce increase/performance do u get?

where is the best place to buy it /install it?

what do they cost approx? for a decent 1?

you wont get much diff with just a CAI im assuming ... it works best in conjuction with other performance mods ...

u might get a few kw at most .. more response, more fuel usage, and some noise ahha

mate there are many topics on this if you search.

but just to let you know.

CAI wont improve performance by much at all if at all.

most get em for the sound and to say they have a cai.

the price range will be from $50 ebay cheapo to $300+ for trd injen aem.

the only way a cai will make a diff is mainly with turbo/supercharged cars or maybe if you had headers/ecu/exhaust/cat. but even then probably wont make much of a diff.

anyway it wont stop me getting one lol

(sounds excellent)(looks good)

but if you buy one make sure you get bypass valve so water doesnt get to the engine mate.

hope this helps.

the only way a cai will make a diff is mainly with turbo/supercharged cars or maybe if you had headers/ecu/exhaust/cat. but even then probably wont make much of a diff.

but if you buy one make sure you get bypass valve so water doesnt get to the engine mate.

hope this helps.

what are you smoking? i am yet to see a car that has got no gains from the CAI, most cases are in the area of 5kw atw..

Yes, but doesn't look like you've read any of it judging from what you're saying...

WRONG! That's actually the best excuse to save some money...

Yay~! some correct info! :D

Dude.... with CAI, Headers, Exhaust, ECU... you're looking at a good 20kw atw gain... if not more... i dont know what you're on about...

besides, you're missing the point too... force feeding the car without proper clutch upgrade, LSD, you won't get very far either. DO YOUR RESEARCH! (or just use some common sence)

nod nod... coz you know it actullay gives you gains, or that you just don't know coz YOU DON'T HAVE ONE?!

yay! 2 points for you sunny!

SO WATER DOESN'T GET TO YOUR ENGINE?! i'd like to know where you drive your car?! New Orleans?! Its not like you're a freaking primary kid that has to jump or ride your bike into big puddles of water!! besides, for the water to get in... you'll have to be in pretty deep water!! i.e. about half a metre!

btw... don't get offended here, but seriously give opinions of things you have facts to back yourself with, or make comments without opposing real facts, other wise you'll get flamed.... :D

peace bro.

im thinking of putting in a CAI.

Good thought!! ;)

What kinda of responce increase/performance do u get?

depends on which one, but usually about a comfy 5kw (with ecu reset) you'll notice a smoother acceleration and a smoother power curve (on dyno)

where is the best place to buy it /install it?

Buying

TRD = New Zealand blokes (look at the sticky at the top of the forum)

AEM, etc = Online shops, or from singapore. (Quantium racing does AEM in brisbane, but not that good on price)

Prices

TRD = AUD $470~$490 Shipped

AEM = AUD $320~450 Shipped

Simota = $200~350 Shipped

etc = shop around! ;)

Installation = your on garage, its not that hard!

The TRD ones have awesome highend power...

AEM slightly less highend but a bit more torque on mid range....

(The 2 main ones used by most members...)

Simota is the other one i would try, more affordable, and looks very similar to the TRD one, but just slightly smaller diameter in the piping... :)

Hope this helps.

Just do the research, shop around don't buy the first one you see.

You can usually find some good 2nd hand bargains (remember it's just a piece of pipe with a filter on the end so even if it's used it can't possibly be broken).

Remember you can mix and match different filters if you're not happy with the one that a particular CAI comes with.

Nice Pippy...  B)

oi i keep seeing u'r car, that parking ticket thing must cost you millions i have to park about 1.5km away from uni but at least its in a garage.

hey dude! haven't seen you for a while! (you or your car!)

i have to come to uni for (study and work) at like 8am each morning... so i'm a bit lucky that i can get a park there! ;)

but in terms of price, its not too bad! :D a blue staff permit is about $260 for a year! (but no garantees on spcae availablities)

uni parking sux... :(

catch up sometime! ;)

I got 16.6kw at wheels increase based on the dyno run, and car need service when I dynoed it. So that's around....(calculating).....22 percent gain! I won't get that much if it wasn't for the CAI won't I?

Similar gain is possible with 2zz-ge, may not be as high since (if u haven't already know it) strong engine usually put out less power by bolt on modification.

hope this helps.

what are you smoking? i am yet to see a car that has got no gains from the CAI, most cases are in the area of 5kw atw..

Yes, but doesn't look like you've read any of it judging from what you're saying...

WRONG! That's actually the best excuse to save some money...

Yay~! some correct info! :D

Dude.... with CAI, Headers, Exhaust, ECU... you're looking at a good 20kw atw gain... if not more... i dont know what you're on about...

besides, you're missing the point too... force feeding the car without proper clutch upgrade, LSD, you won't get very far either. DO YOUR RESEARCH! (or just use some common sence)

nod nod... coz you know it actullay gives you gains, or that you just don't know coz YOU DON'T HAVE ONE?!

yay! 2 points for you sunny!

SO WATER DOESN'T GET TO YOUR ENGINE?! i'd like to know where you drive your car?! New Orleans?! Its not like you're a freaking primary kid that has to jump or ride your bike into big puddles of water!! besides, for the water to get in... you'll have to be in pretty deep water!! i.e. about half a metre!

btw... don't get offended here, but seriously give opinions of things you have facts to back yourself with, or make comments without opposing real facts, other wise you'll get flamed.... :D

peace bro.

F%$# me have a go at a brother why dont ya.lol

i never said NO GAINS i said not by much if at all. and ive been in and seen the CAIs in the stivos and there not that much different.

also all you guys talking about 5kw plus gains is this without any other modds?

danz i understand because he doesnt have a stivo.but stivo owners the motor is tricked up already and spending cash on ecu/clutch/flywheel/intake/exhaust for the money ya outlay ya not gonna get much.

im not saying the intake is useless but at the end of the day its a bit of pipe to feed more air in.

i wanna buy one purely for the sound if i get some performance out of it BONUS.

but dont expect the world out of it.

when we had the meet in melb the other week.

i went in two stivos one with $300 CAI and one with $7.00 bunnings CAI and to be honest ya couldnt really tell the diff.

i dont mind you guys having a dip but dont blow **** out of preportion. ya have a go for someone asking a question about somthing youve covered 100000 times then anyone who tries to give them some input ya shoot down in flames.

this site is supose to be helpful for people who have and want to know about toyotas. but lately it seems like its just to take ***** at people for asking genuine questions.

Sorry!!! but i entirely agree with "eddy_torrezz"

lately they have been cases of too many cases like these happening.... i may not post much but it doesn't mean that i am not looking at the forum.

there are tons of newbies like me who doesn't know the feature of a search button...call us dumb or whatever it is but there are some terms that a lot of pple might not know.

Example.... if someone is new to cars, do you think Power FC means anthing to them?? What does extractors, headers, ecu and etc....does to yr car??

I do not want to start a war here but give people a chance... no one is born a genius :)

Sorry!!! but i entirely agree with "eddy_torrezz"

lately they have been cases of too many cases like these happening.... i may not post much but it doesn't mean that i am not looking at the forum.

there are tons of newbies like me who doesn't know the feature of a search button...call us dumb or whatever it is but there are some terms that a lot of pple might not know.

Example.... if someone is new to cars, do you think Power FC means anthing to them?? What does extractors, headers, ecu and etc....does to yr car??

I do not want to start a war here but give people a chance... no one is born a genius :)

ya wouldnt know it with some of the dudes on this site.

gotta say though there is alot of good people here willing to help anyone out, but theres just some people that think there it.

anyway dont wanna cause waves.

also just to state somthing for the people who constantly go on about the SEARCH option.

IT DOESNT ALWAYS BRING UP WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR....

the 1ZZ is more tunable, I agree. However, we all seen similar gain with 2zz with same mods as mine. Dyno and time proven.

Intake alone won't give you the best out of your car, but think about this. $400 for cold air, and then grab some cat back from CES or similar for $1000, plus bore out the inlet of your header for $250, that's $1650 for around 15 -20 percent gain. This is for 2zz-ge, not 1zz. Now if you think $1650 for around 15 -20 percent, that's 169kw at the fly man and that is way better than comparing $400 for 5-7kw gain at wheels.

Here's a comparison with the so called Turbo kit. Made by AVO, for B16A and B18C, cost $4150 all up, increases 20kw-25kw gain at wheels. Lets focus on top end power for now, we know turbo gives u better tourqe, so u can compare this to $1650 Intake, header and catback modification, which can gives you 15 - 20 percent gain.

Straight Up!

the 1ZZ is more tunable, I agree. However, we all seen similar gain with 2zz with same mods as mine. Dyno and time proven.

Intake alone won't give you the best out of your car, but think about this. $400 for cold air, and then grab some cat back from CES or similar for $1000, plus bore out the inlet of your header for $250, that's $1650 for around 15 -20 percent gain. This is for 2zz-ge, not 1zz. Now if you think $1650 for around 15 -20 percent, that's 169kw at the fly man and that is way better than comparing $400 for 5-7kw gain at wheels.

Here's a comparison with the so called Turbo kit. Made by AVO, for B16A and B18C, cost $4150 all up, increases 20kw-25kw gain at wheels. Lets focus on top end power for now, we know turbo gives u better tourqe, so u can compare this to $1650 Intake, header and catback modification, which can gives you 15 - 20 percent gain. 

Straight Up!

amen!