Fuel

Last Friday i filled up my car with BP Ultimate.. $68.00 .. got 46 litres.. i think after this tank im back to unleaded.. why do ppl say ur better off sticking to BP ultimate? if u guys have any good response den i might consider refilling with BP Ultimate. :lol:

I know it is better for the engine.. but i dont think i get more km'z out of the tank.. power just a little bit extra.

post-485-1126520782_thumb.jpg

Last Friday i filled up my car with BP Ultimate.. $68.00 .. got 46 litres.. i think after this tank im back to unleaded.. why do ppl say ur better off sticking to BP ultimate? if u guys have any good response den i might consider refilling with BP Ultimate.  :lol:

I know it is better for the engine.. but i dont think i get more km'z out of the tank.. power just a little bit extra.

I use Mobile Synergy. I have better Kms to a tank with Mobile than i do with optimax. But optimax has a tiny bit more poke.

But i dont worry about it, I just keep my 2zz happy with any premium grade.

i don't know about you 2zge owners, but my 1zfe absolutely lags with shell optimax. i've heard the smaller BP stations with ultimate degrade the fuel, hence what you fill your car up with isn't 100% genuine 98RON Ultimate Fuel. I'm not exactly sure, anyone else heard about this? I just feel like after i fill up from a large BP station (ones with 10 or more of those banana shaped lookin pumps), the car goes harder as soon as i leave the station. It's very noticeable.

Mobil Synergy is pretty good. Good mileage out of a tank, but that extra oomph is missing that i get with BP Ultimate. Vortex milage isn't exactly great, same with optimax. Might be a different story with stivo owners though.

Also BP ultimate fuel has been proven to be Australia's cleanest fuel (from an article i read in the papers). Very true... i didn't get any of the dirt that is left back by the exhaust fumes switching from Optimax to Ultimate.

But do a search though Johnny... i remember a thread with a poll on which fuel people prefer and why. Good read :)

Edited by BigBum

damn optimax

no more 4c discount

gonna hafta switch to bp

ive used bp a couple of times until fuel when over a dollar

then i switched to optimax coz of the 4c discount

i notice that bp ultimate pulls your car harder on a 2zze-ge

optimax is just normal. doesnt do much to your car.

Yeah i read all the threads on the best fuel.. but everybody has got diff. definitions on the petrol.. some ppl say u only need to put 98octane in ur car once a month to clean out the dirt n fluids.

But the guy that serviced my car n drove it said i should stick to 98 octane and only that no less.

petrol is so expensive that i'd rather downgrade to original unleaded.

1ZZ require a minimum 91RON Petrol (By the Book)

2ZZ require a minimum 95RON Petrol (By the Book)

I have currently at 2ZZ therefore I run a mixture of 95RON and 98RON, Vortex 95 (as 98 not available in Melbourne) and BP Ultimate 98.

I have found using higher RON petrol, last a longer distance. I average between 640klm to 690klm per tank. I have been keeping records for 2 years as the usage is required for my work and lease.

Edited by omn1potent

The detonation packs more punch, this can do one of two things, give you more fuel economy by the fact that you do not need your foot down as hard for the same acceleration OR more power if you put your foot down hard. If you are a driver that accelerates hard then you will notice little in fuel economy changes but as noted, more power.

Last Friday i filled up my car with BP Ultimate.. $68.00 .. got 46 litres.. i think after this tank im back to unleaded.. why do ppl say ur better off sticking to BP ultimate? if u guys have any good response den i might consider refilling with BP Ultimate.  :lol:

I just use Optimax for the reason that the better mileage offsets the higher price plus when you factor in the 4c discount the car is running better for the same cost in the end. :)

Oh and here's a little test for you. It's hard to tell the difference when running higher octane fuels in your car right?

Try running your lawnmower on 98 RON, you can really see the difference in power! :blink:

As a regular reader of "Motor" magazine I read an article about this time last year all about different fuels tested by the guys at that mag. They tested the fuels in the real world (city and highway consumption) and also tested in the lab by petroleum experts.

They came to the conclusion that BP ultimate was the cleanest fuel by quite a margin. It also faired quite well in the economy stakes as well as being the one of the closest to being true 98 RON fuel.

Ultimate is refined to 98RON level while alot of its competitors have additives blended to get them to a claimed 98RON level.

So while Ultimate might not offer the best power increase (mobil synergy is for me) it is the best fuel for your car on the market at the moment.

As a regular reader of "Motor" magazine I read an article about this time last year all about different fuels tested by the guys at that mag. They tested the fuels in the real world (city and highway consumption) and also tested in the lab by petroleum experts.

They came to the conclusion that BP ultimate was the cleanest fuel by quite a margin. It also faired quite well in the economy stakes as well as being the one of the closest to being true 98 RON fuel.

Ultimate is refined to 98RON level while alot of its competitors have additives blended to get them to a claimed 98RON level.

So while Ultimate might not offer the best power increase (mobil synergy is for me) it is the best fuel for your car on the market at the moment.

mick is right BP ulitmate is one of the best around....someone posted a while ago an interesting article that showed 6-8% gains in power and a V6 commodre that had split the fuel rains and ran BP one side and another brand on the other and the side of the donk running BP was clean ASA A WISTLE ;)

So i guess only NSW has Vortex 98?? It uses the same forumla as Vortex 95 which has a detergent to clean the engine (same as BP Ultimate and Shell Optimax) but now with a higher density 98 Octane fuel. I don't know exactly if it contains Octane booster like Shell's Optimax but from what the service station guy told me its pure high density 98 Octane fuel. It costs 12cents more than regular unleaded. Its wierd though, at some places BP's Ultimate cost 9cents more and at other places it costs 12cents more :blink:

I have been using Vortex 98 for a while now and i average 550kms (with hard driving) to 600kms (minimal hard driving), but i fill up around the 1/4 mark and usually requires 45-50 litres and now costs me close to $70 :(

Edited by ZEEROLLA

Nope, it costs me $70 to fill the tank on Premium 98. My Fiance and I drive to work together, we pay about $70 a week in Tolls (these figures cover our weekend pleasure driving too) so realistically for $10 a day each, we get to drive to work, doour weekly tripping around and when you look at it this way, a saving of what, less than $1 each a day is it really worth it??.

I think I will stick with the 98 :).

I will stick with 98 bcuz u never know when u will get a bad batch, at least o couple of Octane below 98RON is still safe but with 95RON i wouldn't like to try.

Also something with Caltex Vortex 98, the last dyno day a STOCK Stivo with Vortex 98 pulled 115kw atw while 2 other Stivos with TRD CAI and using BP Ultimate ran 113kw and 114kw atw respectively. So maybe, just maybe Caltex Vortex 98 gives a little bit more power. But with petrol prices being so darn expensive now i might just revert back to BP Ultimate which is 3cents cheaper than Vortex 98 here :( .

It is also hard to find a Caltex station that offers Vortex 98 with the 4cents discount in the Illawarra and i usually have to fill up when i'm in Sydney. They have also recently introduced a 8cent discount deal if you use your discount voucher and Visa Card to pay for the fuel. Last week i paid $1.32 for Vortex 98 using the 8cent offer which i think is bloody good! :D

It is also hard to find a Caltex station that offers Vortex 98 with the 4cents discount in the Illawarra and i usually have to fill up when i'm in Sydney.

That's because they don't exist Zee, all Woolworths Plus here don't have Vortex98, only normal Caltex do. So I fill up with discount whenever I'm in Liverpool or Heathcote ;)

the VISA dicount is only until the end of the month too I think :angry:

Would be good if they kept it on perminantly...

I use to use Optimax and thought it was great untill I did an ECU Reset and started using BP Ultimate.

After about 3 or 4 tanks I noticed saignificant differences in response, feel and economy.

I paid $1.38 for 55 litre of Ultimate the other day and I am not going to consider changing as when you consider that 95RON fuel at the time was $1.34/litre, that is 4c x 55 litres = $2.20. Sorry, I couldn't be bothered altering my patterns for $2.00 a week. I'd rather buy 1 less Coke at work to save that much....(more actually, that'd be $2.50 I save)

I use to use Optimax and thought it was great untill I did an ECU Reset and started using BP Ultimate.

After about 3 or 4 tanks I noticed saignificant differences in response, feel and economy.

I paid $1.38 for 55 litre of Ultimate the other day and I am not going to consider changing as when you consider that 95RON fuel at the time was $1.34/litre, that is 4c x 55 litres = $2.20.  Sorry, I couldn't be bothered altering my patterns for $2.00 a week.  I'd rather buy 1 less Coke at work to save that much....(more actually, that'd be $2.50 I save)

i paid $1.48per litre the other day =(

i've heard within the next 6 weeks petrol will rise to $1.60+

By den 98Oc will b at least $1.70-1.75

full tank will b at least $75-85..

feels like these 1.8 litre cars have turned into landcruisers bloody :angry:

Edited by gOODbOYz

i was using Mobil Synergy 8000 for a while (since it is the closest servo to my house :lol: )

but now, ive changed to BP Ultimate, and comparatively, it is smoother and seems to have slightly better fuel efficency (just a little, hardly any difference really :P)

It is also hard to find a Caltex station that offers Vortex 98 with the 4cents discount in the Illawarra and i usually have to fill up when i'm in Sydney.

That's because they don't exist Zee, all Woolworths Plus here don't have Vortex98, only normal Caltex do. So I fill up with discount whenever I'm in Liverpool or Heathcote ;)

the VISA dicount is only until the end of the month too I think :angry:

Would be good if they kept it on perminantly...

You're right Dylan, all Caltex stations that offer Vortex 98 in the Illawarra are not affiliated with Woolworths :( But at least we get a share of the 50 outlets in Sydney and Illawarra.. the VIC/WA boys are not as lucky as us to have tasted Vortex98 power :P