• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the normal... uni's have their break "next week :lol:

but if you include "your" swapvac or watever... i would say ur normal too :P

tafe i hear also started their break this week. :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Mello

u only need about half a can guys ...

i sprayed my caliper with about 3-4 coats each with about half a can left over..

take this advice from me.. do not use 2 jacks to jack ur car up for a short cut :lol:

yes my baby fell on its **** while 3 wheels was trying to hold it up..

ummm ... what u need is just tape.. lots of news paper ... grease remover recommended.. i didnt buy a grease remover but i used sand paper and a cloth to clean the caliper which helped heaps..

Make sure u clean your caliper properly or else once u spray the coat on u will see patches that the paint doesnt cover.

If u guys plan on using a jack it will take ages ... it took me from 1pm to about 9:30pm ..

any questions feel free to ask me.. :unsure:

Edited by gOODbOYz

i sprayed my caliper with about 3-4 coats each with about half a can left over..

take this advice from me.. do not use 2 jacks to jack ur car up for a short cut  :lol:

ummm ... what u need is just tape.. lots of news paper ... grease remover recommended.. i didnt buy a grease remover but i used sand paper and a cloth to clean the caliper which helped heaps..

Make sure u clean your caliper properly or else once u spray the coat on u will see patches that the paint doesnt cover.

If u guys plan on using a jack it will take ages ... it took me from 1pm to about 9:30pm ..

any questions feel free to ask me..  :unsure:

hey good boyz, whaddaya reakon about the idea of using blocks of wood (just like in movies when the wheels get stolen!) and did you use a gloss coat? What about the paint type? THe high temp stuff or caliper stuff?

take this advice from me.. do not use 2 jacks to jack ur car up for a short cut  :lol:

any questions feel free to ask me..  :unsure:

hey good boyz, whaddaya reakon about the idea of using blocks of wood (just like in movies when the wheels get stolen!) and did you use a gloss coat? What about the paint type? THe high temp stuff or caliper stuff?

i guess u can use the bricks or the blocks of wood .. but ull need proper tools to take off ur wheels .. if u guys are using a jack den ur better off doing 1 at a time bc wen u take off each wheel u push alot of force towards the car to make it rock back and forth.. just make sure the car doesnt lose balance n drop like mine :o

I painted my calipers and hubs on all four corners in about 3.5 to 4 hours. Can't see why it takes you guys so long. I did it one wheel at a time but then you're in Melbourne and it'll most likely be raining :lol: :P :P

Gotta love that Queensland weather ;)

Well, a good indoor car park would be the melbourne uni one?

I really doubt it'll be crowded on a sunday arvo. and I got one of those cards that opens the boom gates, so I can get there first and if ppl call me I can just stand there and pass it around till we're all in?

hahaha, ok now that i've typed it out it doesn't seem as practical.

Any other covered parking lots you all can think of?

Hmm... and what the hell are we going to do for 4 hours?

Well, a good indoor car park would be the melbourne uni one?

I really doubt it'll be crowded on a sunday arvo. and I got one of those cards that opens the boom gates, so I can get there first and if ppl call me I can just stand there and pass it around till we're all in?

hahaha, ok now that i've typed it out it doesn't seem as practical.

Any other covered parking lots you all can think of?

Hmm... and what the hell are we going to do for 4 hours?

Yeah there's underground car park to anyone (i think) on sunday at melbourne. If they ask, just say you're there to use the sports facility or library. The entrance is at gate 4 off swanston street. Pretty easy to get there.

http://www.pb.unimelb.edu.au/CampusMaps/Parkville.pdf <-- H 21 on this map.

I think it'll be better to find a place other than a uni. Too much hassle if we can't stay. There'd be no where else in the city. Up to you guys...

What can we do for 4 hours? We can all squeeze up in Adams (Eddy Torrezz) car and watch movies :D

hmm up to u guys

i dont need to do my calipers

i finish work at 4pm on sundays

so i might come meet up if u guys are still there

ill be smelling like soy sauce haha

if not...ill be hitting the blackjack tables at crown

if your still waiting for your calipers to dry

ill bring my ttr corolla rc along

hahaha

organise it n pm me brandon ... *wink*wink* haha :o

if it doesnt rain why u guys do it in an underground car park? why not outdoor like footscray park ???

bring some tennis rackets or basketball .. use their gym hehe.. or just go highpoint or melbourne show and leave 1 guy on security :angry:

organise it n pm me brandon ... *wink*wink* haha  :o

if it doesnt rain why u guys do it in an underground car park? why not outdoor like footscray park ???

bring some tennis rackets or basketball .. use their gym hehe.. or just go highpoint or melbourne show and leave 1 guy on security  :angry:

yeah i dont see why it has to be underground. im not going to check the weather forecase because it's useless in melbourne.

footscray park... just near vicuni in footscray?

Well, i'm up for anything, but it is melbourne and do we really want to be caught with a bunch of us with wheels off and wet paint and rain?

Well Brendon, I guess u and goodboyz and run this one. let me know ya?

It's just a matter of location now. I know on sunday, at highpoint shopping centre... there is a rather large section of the car park that is empty. It's away from everyone so it should be alright. It's out in the open space, not underground. So if the weather is looking good, it should do us fine.

Day: This Sunday

Time: 12PM

Throw me some ideas for locations guys. Highpoint is the best spot i can think of. There is an 'end of road' just opposite it too which has a lot of space.

I'm out, just loaned my car to my brother for a week ( his wife decided to make some panel adjustments on their 1 week old car coming out of the garage )

I can't even do my own that I was planning to do on Saturday Morning.