paddle shifts on aurion

TRD340

hey everyone

I was on youtube and i saw a aurion with a paddle shifts on steering wheel i'd love to have that on my car anyone with some knowledge on how this can be done???PLZ here is a link to the video

Yeah, the easiest way to get paddle shifts would be to buy Steve's Aurion.

Failing that, use the search function. All the info on how he did it is floating around in a thread titled somewhat similarly to this one.

The steering wheel, airbag and radio controls bolt straight on with no modification. The paddle shifters also plug into our stock clockspring.

From the steering column end of the clockspring connector, you need to use a multimeter to find where the paddle shifters connect up to through the clockspring. Then it's just a matter of running 2 wires in parrallel to the ones at the gearshifter wiring harness located under the center console.

It's fairly straight forward IF you're handy with a multimeter.

it's just a matter of running 2 wires in parrallel to the ones at the gearshifter wiring harness located under the center console.

Or if you work out the wiring diagrams from the repair manual, you will find the correct wires you need are behind the drivers kick panel (just next to the accelerator pedal). Far less trim requiring removal!

Here is the switch diagram for s-mode:

b00fe706.jpg

Now, find connector AE5.

Found it:

ef046be4.jpg

Multimeter still required ...

Or just buy the new Atara or Sportivo lol.

^ Edit previous post to say this!

The new model also has improved shift response.

This is true, Feels more responsive given it has the same output (just with less friction) Gearbox now works just a little more like how it should in the first place. New Aurion is also 3 tenths quicker to 100 as well. New Camry with its 2.5 2 AR-FE engine with its 6 speed gearbox that is closely related to Aurion’s U660E in performance mode rally transforms the Camry.

The steering wheel, airbag and radio controls bolt straight on with no modification. The paddle shifters also plug into our stock clockspring.

From the steering column end of the clockspring connector, you need to use a multimeter to find where the paddle shifters connect up to through the clockspring. Then it's just a matter of running 2 wires in parrallel to the ones at the gearshifter wiring harness located under the center console.

It's fairly straight forward IF you're handy with a multimeter.

thanks man Next thing on My List has to be that after the big sound system

But are the paddle shifters optional for the aurion? is there an aftermarket assy to install on the steering wheel?

Cheers

AB

PS: Amazing, I´ve noticed that right hand drive cars have the turn signal lever.... at the right side of the steering rack! I have it on the left side of the rack in a left handed car!!! :blink:

I'll get so confused....

Edited by Hikaru Sorano

But are the paddle shifters optional for the aurion? is there an aftermarket assy to install on the steering wheel?

No, and no, respectively.

How did he change the colour of the back lights on all those buttons (eg: Parking sensor button). They are originally green and now they are blue. How did he do this?

No, and no, respectively.

Oh!, So quite a fantastic job! Very skilled..-

Cheers

AB

How did he change the colour of the back lights on all those buttons (eg: Parking sensor button). They are originally green and now they are blue. How did he do this?

If you are wondering how this is done, then maybe this is not a task for you to be performing. Common sense should tell you where you need to be looking if you want to change this (or at least spend the 5 minutes required to visually inspect this).

Edit: Make that 2 minutes... and that included the time taken to walk out of my office to the car and back.

di-1313329035658.jpg

too slow only a four cylinder

New Atara hits the tonne in around 8.5seconds now with Aurion around 6.7-6.8

too slow only a four cylinder

New Atara hits the tonne in around 8.5seconds now with Aurion around 6.7-6.8

Still too slow haha ^_^

I doo like the idea of paddle shifts tho good for drag racing other cars on the highway haha :D

Just wish i was decent at doing some of the LED mods as i would have the entire car done by now :(