Insurance

^ welcome mate!

as for me, i got quoted 4grand + wif aami for my stivo. so i decided to go with just car instead. still 2grand + tho...

obvious, its a bit high because im only 21, in syd and first time insurer.... all u guys are lucky!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

As far as I know, when it comes to engines, insurance companies only take no. of cylinders & capacity into consideration. Thats why 2ZZ's & 1ZZ's are roughly the same for insurance despite the 40% power increase.

I'm 25 and insured with AAMI with a lifetime rating 1 (no claims bonus). When looking at buying either a Levin or Sportivo the insurance quotes were exactly the same for both cars ($614). :D

Edited by Woody

* 2005 stivo

* 20 yo

* female

* deep south of vic

* one accident (not at fault)

* insured with them (racv/racq) for 3.5 years

* $1300 with RACV

only 1 modification til im 25 tho.... thinking of changing when it comes up for renewal....

judging from wat ive read i think i come under the pretty standard rate for driver my age in sydney:

-22yo (in a month)

-no accidents

-wit AAMI (as are the parents so i think a small discount applies)

-Sydney

-$1280

i was looking at the sp23 and integra type R b4 getting the stivo.. insurance was 1500 and 2500 respectively! if it wasnt for the insurance i prob woulda been driving a v-tec haha :o :blink::ph34r:

Wow,

I just added my sis (20 year old P plater) to my policy and it went cheaper by $106!

can u friggin believe that?

I'm 24 and had rating 1 for ages and this is the thanks I get?

sigh...

p.s. young and cool just quoted me $650, but u have to go and get ur immobilizer upgraded to 3 points (cost about $300)

tell me about it, I was paying ~$600 when I bought the car in Adelaide and now it's nearly double over here in NSW  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

If your olds are still here, couldn't you insure it here and keep your SA plates? Then at least you'd have have $600 to bribe the cops with if they hassle you about out of state plates... :D

Edited by Smeghead

judging from wat ive read i think i come under the pretty standard rate for driver my age in sydney:

-22yo (in a month)

-no accidents

-wit AAMI (as are the parents so i think a small discount applies)

-Sydney

-$1280

i was looking at the sp23 and integra type R b4 getting the stivo.. insurance was 1500 and 2500 respectively! if it wasnt for the insurance i prob woulda been driving a v-tec haha :o  :blink:  :ph34r:

I checked how much full insurance would cost if i got a sportivo and it were to be under my dad's name, would cost about $850 if i remembered, got quotes from AAMI and NRMA.

Damn living in Sydney is expensive.

Im only 19 so yeah just going to have to live with paying excess if i crash.

Dont forget guys that in addition to your location determining your cost, the way its stored will also make a difference.

A vehicle parked in a lockup garage overnight will be cheaper than one parked in the driveway or on the road.

Without checking mine is just under or over $700 with NRMA.

23 y/o, been with NRMA since I was 17. No at fault claims.

Dont forget guys that in addition to your location determining your cost, the way its stored will also make a difference.

A vehicle parked in a lockup garage overnight will be cheaper than one parked in the driveway or on the road.

Without checking mine is just under or over $700 with NRMA.

23 y/o, been with NRMA since I was 17. No at fault claims.

It didn't seem to make a difference with mine when I told them to change it from roadside parking to garage parking.

tell me about it, I was paying ~$600 when I bought the car in Adelaide and now it's nearly double over here in NSW  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<  <_<

If your olds are still here, couldn't you insure it here and keep your SA plates? Then at least you'd have have $600 to bribe the cops with if they hassle you about out of state plates... :D

Impossible.

You have to tell the insurance company where the car will be kept.

That's how determine the risk and the insurance premium to match.

If you had put down Adelaide address and you have an accident in Sydney, 0% of making a claim. You'd be better off not having insurance at all if you were to lie.

Ok ice asked this before but couldnt fine the answer. So here it goes is it legal running 17 inch rims on a conquest? im 22 been driving for 2 years green P does anyone know roughly how much the premium will increase if i report it to AAMI??

Also if add a muffler would this also cuase any alterations?? :huh:

Rough price on increase thanks all :huh::blink:

Hi,

Couldn't help but add my two cents worth in this discussion...

In my research when purchasing a car, I repeatedly hit RACV's online insurance quoting system; got quotes for various cars and found that although driver age, history, location and theft appeal plays a factor in calculating the insurance premium, the biggest factor is actually how 'popular' the car is in 'the general population'!

Trust me! I was taken aback by this when I noticed this, but it does make sense in a strange way.

The cars that I got quotes for were 3-year old Commos and Falcons, Camry Touring, an Integra (DC2, I think and it wasn't even a Type R), and later, 2004 Camry 2.4L, 2005 Corolla, 2005 Liberty, 2005 Mazda 6, 2005 Accord Euro.

The one with the highest insurance premium was the Integra (about $1000), followed by the Camry Touring, 2004 Camry 2.4L, 2005 cars (Corolla, Liberty, Mazda 6, Accord Euro) (about $800) and the 3-year old Commos and Falcons (about $600).

I think the insurance companies primarily look at cost and availability of parts, followed by driver age, history, location and theft appeal. Engine capacity does not even count!!!

I know this sounds ridiculous, but it makes sense in a weird sort of way.

Hi,

Couldn't help but add my two cents worth in this discussion...

In my research when purchasing a car, I repeatedly hit RACV's online insurance quoting system; got quotes for various cars and found that although driver age, history, location and theft appeal plays a factor in calculating the insurance premium, the biggest factor is actually how 'popular' the car is in 'the general population'!

Trust me!  I was taken aback by this when I noticed this, but it does make sense in a strange way.

The cars that I got quotes for were 3-year old Commos and Falcons, Camry Touring, an Integra (DC2, I think and it wasn't even a Type R), and later, 2004 Camry 2.4L, 2005 Corolla, 2005 Liberty, 2005 Mazda 6, 2005 Accord Euro.

The one with the highest insurance premium was the Integra (about $1000), followed by the Camry Touring, 2004 Camry 2.4L, 2005 cars (Corolla, Liberty, Mazda 6, Accord Euro) (about $800) and the 3-year old Commos and Falcons (about $600).

I think the insurance companies primarily look at cost and availability of parts, followed by driver age, history, location and theft appeal.  Engine capacity does not even count!!!

I know this sounds ridiculous, but it makes sense in a weird sort of way.

its the popular cars coz they have more accidents.. if u have 1000 corollas and 10 RX8's and 10% of the cars have an accident thent he insurance companies have to pay out 100 corollas but only 1 RX8 .. more cars = more chance there are people making claims for that model and therefore makes ur insruance risk for that vehicle higher. they factor the vehicle risk when working out ur premium

Ok ice asked this before but couldnt fine the answer. So here it goes is it legal running 17 inch rims on a conquest? im 22 been driving for 2 years green P does anyone know roughly how much the premium will increase if i report it to AAMI??

Also if add a muffler would this also cuase any alterations?? :huh:

Rough price on increase thanks all  :huh:  :blink:

Blue Stivo is right, give them a call. Some insurers might increase the premium for mods, the insurer I'm with has a points system, each mod has a points value, a couple of mods would just be listed on my policy, a few more will increase my excess, if I make a lot of mods they might reconsider whether they want to insure me, or perhaps increase my premium.

Every insurer is different, so give yours a call.