Thread Removed.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why cant they start mass producing hydrogen fueled cars

less pollution

OR even better, hybrid hydrogen which also used electric

1) If the car runs off gaseous hydrogen in an internal combustion engine or electric fuel cell, it must be stored at extremely high pressure and low temperature - ie heavy heavy tanks

2) Obtaining gaseous hydrogen is currently very energy intensive (if obtained using electrolysis) or still needs petroleum-based sources

3) If water used as a fuel and split into hydrogen and water for combustion, energy required to split water into components is greater than energy created by combustion

4) It's bloody expensive

5) The infrastructure doesn't exist yet

• 7 months later...

yeah but to bad it will then mean we have to pay like 1.60 ..... this is making the case to get a 1L or a 1.3L more and more justifiable and leave the stivo at home ..... all depends on the economy once i get it back from the tuners

exactly, driving school. Its about time the rest of the public got used to what the people who care about their cars have had to pay for quite a while now :P

Micky!! That is such a deplorable attitude to have...yes, you look after your car, and yes you have had to pay more - something you have chosen, or been educated enough to do, though.

Even if they are only catching up, that in turn means you are now paying EVEN more than what you have just whined over. Therefore, their whinge is completely justifiable! So is it a case of "poor you" because you pay for higher octane? NO! The price increase is the same across the board. So any percentage increase you have to pay, the rest of the public too have to fork out for. It is all relative...

If anything, you should sympathise with the unleaded public - a lower price for them means a respectively lower price for you.

Edited by Leroy

People still use the same amount of fuel. So if they don't buy Friday, Saturday & Thursday will be twice as busy at the bowser. Unless every on walks/bike ? Which is not possible for me.

Edited by Adrian

exactly, driving school. Its about time the rest of the public got used to what the people who care about their cars have had to pay for quite a while now :P

Micky!! That is such a deplorable attitude to have...yes, you look after your car, and yes you have had to pay more - something you have chosen, or been educated enough to do, though.

Even if they are only catching up, that in turn means you are now paying EVEN more than what you have just whined over. Therefore, their whinge is completely justifiable! So is it a case of "poor you" because you pay for higher octane? NO! The price increase is the same across the board. So any percentage increase you have to pay, the rest of the public too have to fork out for. It is all relative...

If anything, you should sympathise with the unleaded public - a lower price for them means a respectively lower price for you.

Dude, you need to toughen up. It cant always be about helping the masses, you gotta look after yourself.

Well, i guess you havent worked there long enough yet, you still have a soul :P :lol:

Over the Christmas break I went down to Coffs Harbour, at Macksville (45mins south of Coffs) I paid 159.9 for 98octane fuel, I only put $20 in until I drove to Coffs where I willed my tank up at around 10c a litre cheaper.

Dude, you need to toughen up. It cant always be about helping the masses, you gotta look after yourself.

Well, i guess you havent worked there long enough yet, you still have a soul :P :lol:

Haha - I hated the masses well before i worked with you lot, my friend. As Adolf Hitler himself said: "The masses are poor and stupid."

But looking after myself, or yourself, in this case, cannot happen without a reprieve for the masses. What i was pointing out was that the price you reckon the whinging public deserve to pay for all your hard years of Vortex98, results in an even higher price for you! That is not looking after yourself!

Haha - I hated the masses well before i worked with you lot, my friend. As Adolf Hitler himself said: "The masses are poor and stupid."

But looking after myself, or yourself, in this case, cannot happen without a reprieve for the masses. What i was pointing out was that the price you reckon the whinging public deserve to pay for all your hard years of Vortex98, results in an even higher price for you! That is not looking after yourself!

Haha, beware the undercover economist :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

By the way, I have the least soul out of all of you, so take that!

Rationing petrol to lower the price. Wow. Talk about contradictory.

f*ckin people that think they can solve the world with there stupid lobby groups. Only decent lobby group to do with anything related to cars in the MTAA.

i paid 1.599 last night for optimax 98...

there is a place in nsw that did a 20v 4age on lpg with 120+ rwkw

Edited by rthy

• 1 month later...