Thread Removed.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously saying... we can't go without petrol unless we give up driving entirely!!

For those who thinks that petrol will go back in the range of 80cents to $1..... sad to say that is wishful thinking!!

Why do you think the Howard government is still in control year after year?? not because people love their movement nor policies but who is better than him right now...that is proven?? or just purely empty vessels.... we would rather be able to anticipate what the government will do next then having to guess what the newly elected would....

This is their market and we are under it!!! So i suggest we take a deep breathe and smile :)

Edited by kelvin33

Petrol pricing then becomes one of those little things that takes a back seat to the bigger picture when it comes to the ongoing power of the government and keeping them elected.

Australia is now debt free, the first time in 100 years and it only took them 10 years to get there.

Majority of the people in this country may not like high petrol pricing, health & education issues, new IR laws, or even the PM for that manner, but because we have a stable economy with no foreigh debt, then they love the government.

I won't ever say I support the Howard government, but unfortunatly the opposition has put forwards absolutly no policys or ideas. They do nothing constructive, all they do is bag the government for they things that they are doing.

I still beliee that Petrol pricing needs to be looked into cause I am struggling to work out how wholesale pricing of oil can increase by 1 or 2% yet the pump price increases by 10 - 15% because of the wholesale price...

I didn't do too well at maths at school, but I know when things like that don't add up....

I don't think we all should be that p.i.ss.ed off abt petrol prices bcos as far as i know at the rate the world is consuming it we will be out of it pretty soon along with many other things ten times more important than petrol. I anticipate a greater worry, and that is WAR over land with sea levels rising, natural resources like oil (which already started with Bush snr more than a decade ago), clean water, food, diseases, or who knows we might even have to fight for fresh air one day!!

Rapidly developing nations like China and India probably make up 25% of the WORLD's population, imagine the extra strain on the Earth's resources when everyone can afford automobiles, bigger housing hence more energy consumption, too scary to think about really and we cannot deny their opportunity to progress. Bottom line is we as humans since our fore-fathers have brought all these problems on ourselves throughout our evolution, and in the process we take things for granted, destroy the Earth we live in and everything else that goes with it. We have been too greedy and too selfish to share and recycle to make things sustainable, and this is what we get for it. I am not telling everyone to be pessimistic here, maybe there is still hope?? but we just got to face up to the consequences of our actions and not blame others for it. It's a fact we should all keep at the back of our minds and educate our next generatioin so they don't make the same mistakes, and vote the Greens! :P :P :P

Edited by ZEEROLLA

• 3 weeks later...

LoL i picture i took 3 years ago from my local petrol station wave good bye to that kinda price <_<

Petrol Price 2003

Has petrol prices been that high for that long.....actually sounds about right. :(

I remember that it use to be 69~79cents back in 1998 when i started driving.... those days are gone.

The prices of petrol haven't been going too bad now....it's averaging arounds "only" 128.5- 130 ish arounds my area - it will be interesting to see what happens on Wednesady (fuel replen day for most servos) $_$

filled up for 127.9 today with woolies discount...

wasnt too bad, but far out when is it going to come down? last time it came up around those prices it planed back down to like 110... surely it will happen again...

filled up for 127.9 today with woolies discount...

wasnt too bad, but far out when is it going to come down? last time it came up around those prices it planed back down to like 110... surely it will happen again...

I think not my carputer friend .... was $1.29 this morning at shell on epping road ... and 4 cents of top of that

The prices of petrol haven't been going too bad now....it's averaging arounds "only" 128.5- 130 ish arounds my area - it will be interesting to see what happens on Wednesady (fuel replen day for most servos) $_$

what do u mean by fuel replen day?

sorry guys fuel price wont go down... oil companys will keep pushing it up as will the government. if it wasnt for the 4 cent discount it would probably still only be about $1.10pl.

and atm its 139.9 for unleaded here. dayum

Please don't talk to me about the 'old' days of petrol stations...

I remember when I was a wee tacker and my brother and I used to hang out with our mates at the local servo when they were closed.

Yes I said 'CLOSED'. I am referring to a time when, and I am sure I am not the only one that remembers this, when the Service Stations (and they were SERVICE stations then, not just PETROL Stations) were on a rota system.

This meant that our parents use to send us to the newsagent on a Sunday morning, before they shut at 11am, to buy the newspaper for them so they could see which Servo's were going to be opened the following SATURDAY MORNING. Then these places would open from about 9am - 1pm....

Price then was around 39 - 45cpl...

Ahh, they were the days. The days when Mum would send me to the shops witha $2.00 note for a loaf of bread and a gold top milk...

REPLEN = Replenishment...

When the big truck comes an refuel's the servo's stocks.....

I remember when I first came here petrol was 41 cents .. and I always looked forward to going to the servo to buy footy cards .... with the chewing gum ...

and I remember my first card was a laurie Daley card !!! ...

REPLEN = Replenishment...

When the big truck comes an refuel's the servo's stocks.....

i thought thats what he meant. if he can name me any servo (apart from small country towns) that can last a week without getting fuel i would be very very surprised.

i order 3 or 4 times a week. 60,000 litres at a time.

60000 litres???

thats 180000 litres per week ... and @ $1.30

thats 234000 in sales per week .. excluding smokes, chocolates and etc etc etc .....

that means a turnover of greater than 12MM per year ....

thats a solid turn over for a servo ...

sorry .. just the commercial financier coming out in me

seriously saying... we can't go without petrol unless we give up driving entirely!!

For those who thinks that petrol will go back in the range of 80cents to $1..... sad to say that is wishful thinking!!

No offence but theres some very ingenius new ideas out that will probably bring the price of petrol down to under $1 in about 10 years if you are patiently able to wait that long.

And the petrol companies have been ripping us off even before the last petrol price spike in the early 90's its all normal for a growing world / economy to want more.

running on water

This dude who made this HHO is under huge scrutiny as it breaks all science and physics to use such a product as a fuel. I think scientists need to pull their heads out of their asses and do some work instead of bragging its not possible to use water as a fuel. Seriously if this comes out in 10 years... "how much will water cost? O.o?"

this old man has now become an instant BILLIONAIRE (soon)

Edited by Mello

haha go jase... we take in about $30,000 - $35,000 a day, but we are an extremely busy servo. thats including everything, smokes oil lollies and fuel. daily fuel sales (incl gas) are around 20,000 - 25,000 litres depeding on which day, which week (fortnightly pay schedule) and the price.

but remember, we buy the fuel for about 2 cents less than we sell it for, so no margin there, then u got electricity water maintenence everything else. then shop sales. no profit margin on ciggaretes or oil and things like that, reasonable profit margin on food and lollies, excellent margin on pies and sunglasses and other silly things like that. basically all in all we gotta make at least $1,500 PROFIT daily to cover operating expenses. there's no money is servo's. dont bother.

i find it interesrting that you said you only make a profit of 2cents. Why do i still see servos selling petrol at 13cents difference, just 2km apart!! One is a BP station selling at $1.39, the other is Caltex selling at $1.26. Then another BP selling at $1.33 What the heck is going on there? Obviously there is serious problems either with people's integrity or these servos are dumb enough to buy petrol at a much higher price than the other servo 1km down the road.

oil companies man... different companies charge different prices. first u gotta understand that the oil companies tell each site exactly what they are to charge for the fuel. then different companies also supply the operators with support, meaning say for example i buy my fuel from caltex for 131.9. they tell me to sell it for 126.9, then they will cover the losses plus give 2 cents profit also. different companies provide different support at different times, and also there are different "areas" designated by the oil company, so the richer the area u live in, the more expensive the fuel. u been to canberra? its tiny! there are 6 different "areas" not including queanbeyan. its ridiculous

i find it interesrting that you said you only make a profit of 2cents. Why do i still see servos selling petrol at 13cents difference, just 2km apart!! One is a BP station selling at $1.39, the other is Caltex selling at $1.26. Then another BP selling at $1.33 What the heck is going on there? Obviously there is serious problems either with people's integrity or these servos are dumb enough to buy petrol at a much higher price than the other servo 1km down the road.

oil companies man... different companies charge different prices. first u gotta understand that the oil companies tell each site exactly what they are to charge for the fuel. then different companies also supply the operators with support, meaning say for example i buy my fuel from caltex for 131.9. they tell me to sell it for 126.9, then they will cover the losses plus give 2 cents profit also. different companies provide different support at different times, and also there are different "areas" designated by the oil company, so the richer the area u live in, the more expensive the fuel. u been to canberra? its tiny! there are 6 different "areas" not including queanbeyan. its ridiculous

Once upon a time, there were 2 BP Servo's in Lawnton (Brisbane) approx 1.5km from each other. (Lawnton is approx 1.5km north of Strathpine, possibly the CBD of Pine Shire)

The site on the way TO Strathpine, was always prices up to 15cpl higher in the mornings then the other site.

The site on the way FROM Strathpine, was always priced up to 15cpl higher in the afternoons that the other site.

Many complaints were made to the local Councillor and local media about it, but nothing was ever done.

When approached, they denied any wrong doing.

When these prices were filmed, One of the sites was shut down and re-opened after being sold to an independant. The other site was temporarily closed while the retail (non-fuel) section of the business was sold to 7-11...

All seemed suss to me...

Now, together with the Caltex on the same strip of road, there is never anything more than 3cpl between them.