Thread Removed.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under the Pump – Global Petrol Prices (Live Link).

Source, the AGE newspaper 24-May-2008.

$AUS Per Litre.

Australia (Melbourne) ………………………..$1.49c

Canada……………………………………………...$1.45c

Chile………………………………………………..$1.33c

China……………………………………………….$0.80c

Denmark……………………………………………$2.45c

Egypt……………………………………………….$0.34c

France……………………………………………....$2.25c

Greece……………………………………………...$1.86c

Hong Kong…………………………………………$1.32c

Iceland……………………………………………...$2.31c

India………………………………………………..$1.12c

Indonesia…………………………………………...$1.02c

Ireland……………………………………………...$2.03c

Italy………………………………………………...$2.28c

Luxembourg………………………………………..$2.08c

New Zealand……………………………………….$1.59c

Norway……………………………………………..$2.27c

Russia……………………………………………....$1.04c

Turkey……………………………………………...$2.62c

Britain……………………………………………....$2.33c

US…………………………………………………..$1.05c

Venezuela…………………………………………..$0.04c

P.S. Please don’t shoot the messenger, the above mentioned prices 'are as is' from the publication.

I doubt the information in the newspaper is correct. As in Hong Kong, the petrol price is no where near $1.32c per litre.

It costs AUD$2.20 per litre at all stations. I guess the 90 cents difference is the tax for the government.

Still, I think Aust's petrol price is not THAT high.

my got, look at "Venezuela" lols $3 bucks and u'd prob fill the tank on PREMIUM too haha

has anyone had any dodgy petrol thingo's LOL cos like

a few posts back, i said i filled up on 40$ a half tank (caltex canley) & recently i filled up $25 (bp cabra) and got half tank too

lols i cant remember the prices exactly but caltex was 151 and bp was 161 so like wdf?

dont go caltex in canley heights people LOL

Edited by mrs.sportivo

hrm.. how long will it takes now to reach $2.5 a lt?

lets everyone throw in a dollar and bet "YOUR DATE,MONTH,YEAR" when the price reach tat specific date, everyone pay him!!

A free PETROL for tat lucky person??!!

come on!!!! :clap: :clap:

Yeah, but how much free petrol? Someone wins, they think they've won lotto, they take the winnings to the servo, and it ends up only paying for 2 or 3 litres! :yahoo:

hrm.. how long will it takes now to reach $2.5 a lt?

lets everyone throw in a dollar and bet "YOUR DATE,MONTH,YEAR" when the price reach tat specific date, everyone pay him!!

A free PETROL for tat lucky person??!!

come on!!!! :clap: :clap:

Yeah, but how much free petrol? Someone wins, they think they've won lotto, they take the winnings to the servo, and it ends up only paying for 2 or 3 litres! :yahoo:

lolz, has to be full tank!

The price for New Zealand is wrong.

NZ has officially reached $2/L in May.

I also believe China petrol price is more than $1.2/L now

$AUS Per Litre.

Australia (Melbourne) ………………………..$1.49c

Canada……………………………………………...$1.45c

Chile………………………………………………..$1.33c

China……………………………………………….$0.80c

Denmark……………………………………………$2.45c

Egypt……………………………………………….$0.34c

France……………………………………………....$2.25c

Greece……………………………………………...$1.86c

Hong Kong…………………………………………$1.32c

Iceland……………………………………………...$2.31c

India………………………………………………..$1.12c

Indonesia…………………………………………...$1.02c

Ireland……………………………………………...$2.03c

Italy………………………………………………...$2.28c

Luxembourg………………………………………..$2.08c

Norway……………………………………………..$2.27c

Russia……………………………………………....$1.04c

Turkey……………………………………………...$2.62c

Britain……………………………………………....$2.33c

US…………………………………………………..$1.05c

Venezuela…………………………………………..$0.04c

P.S. Please don’t shoot the messenger, the above mentioned prices 'are as is' from the publication.

The price for New Zealand is wrong.

NZ has officially reached $2/L in May.

$AUS Per Litre.

New Zealand hit $2 a litre, yes, but thats in NZ Dollars (they have a different currency to us, remember). Current conversion rates put $2NZ at $1.63AU, so that number is about right.

have been watching the ABC1 these few nights.. unlikely petrol price will come down nor action will be taken to help control petrol price nor subsidize..

fuk government~~

have been watching the ABC1 these few nights.. unlikely petrol price will come down nor action will be taken to help control petrol price nor subsidize..

fuk government~~

LOL how can anybody possibly stop it???

This thread is pointless and so is arguing about the price of fuel! The government knows they can't do anything about it... Consider this:

1) Every country in the world wants oil

2) The earth is running out of oil!!!!

The price is going to be sky high and no p!ssy Australian government can do anything about it

Jimmy is right, which is why I find the debate that has been going on in parliament of late almost laughable, and both parties realise this and acknowledge the fact (Shadow treasurer Malcom Turnbul said as much on radio and the Labor party stands by the defence that they have no baring on the global oil prices).

The argument of giving either (a) 5c/L flat discount across the board (the Liberal policy in response in their shadow budget) or (B ) around a 4c/L discount by removal of the GST component on the Fuel Excise Tax, would be swallowed up within a week and virtually go unnoticed by the general consumer or Coles and Woolworths will keep the prices stagnant for a little while longer (pocketing the 4 or 5c/L difference in the meantime) such is their hold in control of the pricing structure of petrol in Australia.

The sad truth is there is nothing much that can be done unless they can get the OPEC nations to agree to increase supply.

What's even funnier is the debate about the fuel watch scheme and how notifying the public 24 hours in advance of the price for the next day. If anyone can tell me how this could possibly work, I will buy you a beer.

Lets think about it... the petrol price cycle is driven by the oil companies to create competition because they know that they cannot possibly have 100% of the market 100% of the time. Therefore, the pricing cycle is introduced, whereby the oil companies (not stations themselves) raise and drop the price at a certain points in the week, in doing so basically ensuring the customer buys the fuel when the oil company wants them to.

How on earth will notifying the public 24 hours in advance of the price make as difference? All that will happen is that the petrol cycle will cease to exist, and the petrol price will remain at the highest point in the cycle constantly, essentially meaning that the price of fuel will not drop with the introduction of this watchdog. Most likely it will rise even more.

Which, by the way is exactly what the government wants. Who says they are dumb? I think its the general public who arent catching on quick enough

yes, government can do no sh!t to control the petrol, but if people has been watching the news, actually our petrol is double taxed.. so it would be a great news to all aus if they can just lower the tax, helping the people a little and meantime, getting use to petrol going sky high and we will be driving compressed-air thingy soon~

yes, government can do no sh!t to control the petrol, but if people has been watching the news, actually our petrol is double taxed.. so it would be a great news to all aus if they can just lower the tax, helping the people a little and meantime, getting use to petrol going sky high and we will be driving compressed-air thingy soon~

subsidise maybe? :D hahaha...

This is true, if the government charged GST purely on the fuel and not the fuel+excise it would drop the price by ~4c/L as I explained earlier.

I also explained that this would do unnoticed to the general public if it were to happen as it's such a piddly amount.

I like how the federal government is happy to discuss removing the GST, because that doesnt affect them in the slightest.

Excise goes to the Federal Goverment, GST goes to State. Why would the federal government care if they removed GST?

i just got an idea when i am studying banking law just now...

i can buy a 6000lt water tank, fill up with petrol, hide it (shhh, dont tell)

Cost: $1000

Petrol price: buy $1.4

Petrol price: sell $2.0

Profit = 6000 x$0.6 = 3600

sh!t, not enough to cover cost... hrm...

A car can hold 70lt petrol, to get 6000lt, i hv to go petrol station 86 times...

Travel back and forth take 6 Minutes, total 516 mins..

Su!k the petrol out = 5 minutes = total 430 mins..

I think i will need a BUS, BIG petrol tank.. hrm... i also need bigger water tank, 10000lt?

Has anyone thought about this? or is just stupid me? :blush:

This is true, if the government charged GST purely on the fuel and not the fuel+excise it would drop the price by ~4c/L as I explained earlier.

I also explained that this would do unnoticed to the general public if it were to happen as it's such a piddly amount.

I'm with Dyl... Last week the average pump price of petrol across Australia went up 4.7c/L. Liberal and Labor presented their ideas which would cut maybe 5c/L off the pump price. So if we get another week like last week then the government helped just gets munched up within days *num num num*

I'm with Dyl #2... OPEC are c@nts

Danny, petrol would corrode your water tank and if it didn't it would go stale fairly quickly.

You have a better chance of coming up with something that smells like petrol then selling it to idiots and doing a Harry Holt on them before they notice

A car can hold 70lt petrol, to get 6000lt, i hv to go petrol station 86 times...

I think i will need a BUS, BIG petrol tank.. hrm... i also need bigger water tank, 10000lt?

lols stocking up on petrol for the winter ?

haha ur not alone mate...i thgt about this....i was thinking how abt if some dude stocked fuel bak in the days it was 60c a litre.....and sold it like 2day....he will be loaded!!! lolz....it looks like transport is cheaper than driving....GRRRRRR...perhaps i should move to venezuela....0.02c r u serious ??? hey how much does it cost to ship fuel from a country say like venezuela?? coz i swear tht must be alot cheaper than pumping at the servos!!

imagine if there was a bush fire... :whistling: :whistling: