Kings or Pedders Springs?

DrVY

Just want to find out which spring is actually better for Sportivo Corolla? Kings or Pedders? Seen a lot of u guys on Kings, Anyone use Pedders? I know they both lower around the same but which one is stiffer?

Rumors say pedders copyright king springs n if they cant do the job they bring to somebody else to install ...

I think kings springs are more well known for developing springs for any type of car, new or old.

Humm... Thats what everyone said pedders is rebadge of kings! I am a mechainc at Toyota myself but most of the customer have pedders fitted, so haven't really driven a kings fitted vehicle. Therefore want u guys opinion since I will be picking up my stivo next week!

Thanks! So kings are the way to go! Oh n anyone interest in the spring rate on those spring, I had got a reply from Kings! They said Front is 170lb/in n rear is 160lb/in! But do kings have different springs for stivo or they use the same springs on all zze rolla's cause the part number the gave me appear to be the same as the 1zz's one!

Thanks! So kings are the way to go! Oh n anyone interest in the spring rate on those spring, I had got a reply from Kings! They said Front is 170lb/in n rear is 160lb/in! But do kings have different springs for stivo or they use the same springs on all zze rolla's cause the part number the gave me appear to be the same as the 1zz's one!

I think they might be the same. Mine were for the AE122 part number: KTFL and KTRL105(SL)... what were yours johnny?

then I will have to wait n c if pedders gonna tell me there spring rate or not! If they were only 20 bucks dearer then I think red will go better with silver car! Beside who know what they can do with trade price, maybe I should ask them tomorrow! :D

I honestly dont know if the Pedders are rebadged Kings so what i'm about to say may not be relevant anymore.

However, not so long ago Pedders were seen as selling some of the 'firmest' springs on the market here in Oz, this would support the reason why they might be kinder on your shocks than Kings. I personally have kings myself and honestly they have not changed my ride quality anywhere near as much as I thought.

Best way to describe them is firmer with a little less absobtion. On the plus side, the car corners flatter and is more willing to change direction.

I'm happy with them!

To prove the myth that pedders are kings i have a set of pedders in a honda civic and i have scratched the red off and guess what? There is kings yellow paint underneath!! Even a kings part number LOL!!!!!

To prove the myth that pedders are kings i have a set of pedders in a honda civic and i have scratched the red off and guess what? There is kings yellow paint underneath!! Even a kings part number LOL!!!!!

hahaha

we should buy a set of kings

spray them like...green or something

sell them for 20-50 bux more than kings

we'll be doing good business too

Well, I have driven a few pedders fitted cars (I assume they were pedders since they were red) with 17inch wheels, they can go over 25km/h speed hump like a standard car without scarping wheels. Can ur kings do that? :blink:

Well, I have driven a few pedders fitted cars (I assume they were pedders since they were red) with 17inch wheels, they can go over 25km/h speed hump like a standard car without scarping wheels. Can ur kings do that?  :blink:

Pedders rebadge monroe shocks as there own as well

well i havnt got either but have been told told some people who have had both that the kings tend to wreck ya shocks faster. but never heard anyone with any complaints with pedders.

BUT ITS ONLY WHAT IVE HEARD FOR ANYONE WHOS GONNA HAVE A DIP AT ME lol

Yes indeed, a few Melbourne owners have swapped from kings to pedders (kings killed their shocks), and yes there is a difference, maybe different spring ratings. I have driven both, even though pedders may be rebadged kings, they feel a lot better.

buy coilovers. More money now, a ****load less money later. Depending on how much you drop your car, ride will be stiff and jumpy, and you will wreck your shocks superfast.

dont say i didnt warn you guys about buying springs. Put simply they're the cheap option and you get what you paid for.

remember dont spend money to save money

I've got Pedders on my car and what I've heard from Toyota techs is that Pedders are better fitted for Toyota shocks than Kings are. I've been pretty happy with my Pedders, I thought that is was a little harsh at the start but after sitting in a Kings car, I feel like mine aren't too bad at all.

Well, I have driven a few pedders fitted cars (I assume they were pedders since they were red) with 17inch wheels, they can go over 25km/h speed hump like a standard car without scarping wheels. Can ur kings do that?  :blink:

Gone over a speed bump in the dark that I didn't see(wasn't marked) at about 40 no problems.

BTW whats "scarping wheels"?

Gone over a speed bump in the dark that I didn't see(wasn't marked) at about 40 no problems.

BTW whats "scarping wheels"?

if you go fast enough over a speed hump...say 100km/h.... u can land upside down and you're wheels won't even scrape :P :P :P

I've got Pedders on my car and what I've heard from Toyota techs is that Pedders are better fitted for Toyota shocks than Kings are. I've been pretty happy with my Pedders, I thought that is was a little harsh at the start but after sitting in a Kings car, I feel like mine aren't too bad at all.

U seem to be the only one on this site have pedders fitted! Btw I am a toyota tech but I don't even know which ones better! :lol: Most of the customers comes to the dealer had pedders fitted, so don't really know much about kings! :huh: