Need help with Aurion aftermarket head unit...too many options..very confused

Hey guys and girls, Im looking to upgrade my stereo in my 2008 Aurion ZR6...for the speakers im going with JL Audio C2 6.5'" coaxials for the front and JL Audio C2 6X9" 3 way speakers for the back (hope these both mount good as ive seen someone else on the forum has installed them and the sound quality is great).

As for the head unit I would really appreciate some help for an aftermarket head unit as I would like to keep the "stock look." Ive read the forum through and through and cannot find any concrete evidence as to what exactly is the best aftermarket head unit....is it the Easydeals unit?? is it the DigOptions unit?? is it the Auspack unit?? is it the AutoTunez unit??

Im going crazy...someone please help me and let me know which is the best unit out there at the moment that maintains the "stock look" and performs great too.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Jono ^_^

Edited by jono_1989

ok thanks DJKOR...what im after is:

* using iPod while driving ( i have an iPod classic 80gb) - ipod must charge while plugged in too and steering wheel controls must work.

* using navigation and being able to change ipod tracks at the same time while in navigation

* using dvd player/ cd player

* using a rear-view camera

* using the radio (gotta listen to my gold 104.3 haha and nova fm)

* using the AUX port

no need for bluetooth so if that comes along with the aftermarket head unit im not too fussed but will not use it.

thats all i can think of so far...any advice guys??

i will also be plugging a sub, amp and aftermarket speakers into the car so the head unit has to be able to run these...thanks in advance...any advice about the head unit mentioned above will be greatly appreciated. ^_^

Sounds good. I would rather have professional install it for me than myself as I am a complete noob. I am more of computer IT than a mechanic!

I would also suggest doing it yourself :) I usually pay people to do my car stuff for me (IT guy myself as well.) But the head unit is EXTREMELY simple!!

For example: yellow plug in yellow hole, red plug in red hole, square plug in square hole...

Really like the look of that unit....Was weighing up between the Pioneer AVIC-F40BT and one of these units, really starting to lean towards this.

Can anyone give any info on the Sygic Maps some units use? Good? Bad? Also, can it do live traffic info updates?

thanks heaps for the feedback guys..is anyable to look at these two links as these are the speakers im planning to put into my car and let me know if there'll be any mounting depth issues...and advice is greatly appreciated. ^_^

(Front)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JL-AUDIO-C2-650X-NEW-6-5-COAXIAL-SPEAKERS-2-WAY-C2650X-/130418386152?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item1e5d8aa4e8

(Rear)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-JL-Audio-C2-690tx-6-x9-Evolution-3-way-car-speakers-/261055680289?pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item3cc8218f21

Hope someone can help me out here before I decide to buy them. Cheers guys :toast:

I was playing around with the sound and balance settings on my 2011 Touring (6 speakers); I swear it seemed like the speakers in the front doors and top of the dash were producing more and better bass than the rear speakers (allowing for distance)

:blink:

I was looking at the new model head unit and it looks good:

http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specific-Car-GPS/D5116.html

Has any one on this forum purchased this unit and are there any negative points to consider. I had a look at the standard unit installed in my Prodigy. Would not know where to start to take it out. Are there any guidelines on the forum. There does not seem to be a search function.

• 4 months later...

I was looking at the new model head unit and it looks good:

http://www.eonon.com...-GPS/D5116.html

Has any one on this forum purchased this unit and are there any negative points to consider. I had a look at the standard unit installed in my Prodigy. Would not know where to start to take it out. Are there any guidelines on the forum. There does not seem to be a search function.

I had a look on you-tube and there were links showing you how to remove and install

• 2 weeks later...

ok.... so I got my unit, but bugger me trying to install it lol. I'm trying to get the original out, and videos suggest I need to take out a screw or two from underneath the aircon controls.... I can see two screws, but they are quite far back and in the corners... are those the ones? Also, do I need to unclip any extra facia other than the upright parts? Cheers :)

These Chinese units are crap. They are not worth the box they are packed in. Do yourself a favor and get decent branded unit. Below is the place I got both of my units. US based but no problems. Just don't get GPS one unless you can source Aus maps.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i178_in-dash-car-dvd-players.html?from=16

• 2 weeks later...