Buying a Sportivo

Gumball & evl_50a,

What options did you get?

My base (leaseplan) price is $26355

Options= $2330 (bonnet, headlight & weathershields, ultra paint protection, rust protection, interior protection, window tinting, alarm upgrade, rear scuff guard, dash mat, floor mats, metallic paint)

Dealer delivery + Rego + Stamp Duty + GST= $4330

Drive away price = $30 310

Cheers

Tim

Remove the "protection options'. They do bugger all seriously. So you would save alot there. I believe other members will agree with me on this one.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats right

paint protection is all bull ****

the car already has all the protection gear when it comes over on the boats

as for head light protecters useless, headlights are designed not to crack now anyways

bonnet protector your still gonna get more chips all over the body kit in the long run maybe hardly any on the very small part of the bonnet it protects anyways

i reckon just get alarm upgrade (ive had so much trouble with my aftermarket one

and sunroof

everything else scrap it

its cheaper to get tint and everything else seperate later on

Just was told of a conversation my girlfirend had with a sales manager of a certain Toyota dealer.

He said that Chatswood are the place to go for great deals on Stivos.

And he does not work there....

Hi Gumball,

Thats where I went today. I also have a quote from Penrith Toyota as well.

Chatswood are also Leaseplan preferred dealers. The bonus with leaseplan is that everything comes out pretax. This includes fuel, insurance, servicing & tyres. From running the leaseplan simulator, I would be around $2500 per annum better off compared to buying the vehicle privately. Plus at the end of the lease, you can buy the car at a much better price. As my mate says "You just have to drive the bloody thing!" :lol:

Cheers

Tim

I agree its bull

You cant take the car to a car wash, you cant polish it and you have to use the their special shampoo which doesnt really lather.

Plus bugs stick to the paint protection, and you cant get it off without using other products, which u r not allowed to do.

It wont protect from scraches and stone chips

A good polish and wax every 6 months will do the same job as paint protection.

Edited by ZAV

I agree its bull

You cant take the car to a car wash, you cant polish it and you have to use the their special shampoo which doesnt really lather.

Plus bugs stick to the paint protection, and you cant get it off without using other products, which u r not allowed to do. 

It wont protect from scraches and stone chips

A good polish and wax every 6 months will do the same job as paint protection.

Oh :unsure:

What about the new style of car washing with the steam cleaning? (not car wash based)

Cheer

Tim

nah all bull

if you want to keep the paint and all that other crap under warrantyyou have to get it regurlarly washed and **** by toyota as far as i know

i could be wrong

like toyota services your basicly paying every 6 months for more warranty cus a service shouldnt cost as much as they charge

I'm sure steam is a no no for paint protection. The rest use recycled water and detergents.

Just means if u use the car wash and then some bird poop gets through the paint protection, then they wont cover you since the paint protection has beeen washed off.

The corolla paint pretty good, i park it under gum trees all night, then get bird n possum poop on it. Leave it in the sun for for the week, n it comes right off on the weekend.

So far ive had it for six months and gave it a wax when i bought it, n polished and waxed it a few weeks ago. Still looks new, look in my garage, the shot from the rear is after my last polish n wax. Almost looks like the porsche in bad boys (I wish).

Edited by ZAV

ok cool

yeah i have actually noticed that from factory my car needs a buff it was never done but cus ive driven away there is nothing they have to do so im so annoyed

so bubye 250 fr a buff and polish to make it new again im so annoyed

i didnt realise till weeks later i was just so over the moon to get a new car hahaha

Hi Gumball,

Thats where I went today.  I also have a quote from Penrith Toyota as well.

Chatswood are also Leaseplan preferred dealers.  The bonus with leaseplan is that everything comes out pretax.  This includes fuel, insurance, servicing & tyres.  From running the leaseplan simulator, I would be around $2500 per annum better off compared to buying the vehicle privately.  Plus at the end of the lease, you can buy the car at a much better price.  As my mate says "You just have to drive the bloody thing!"  :lol:

Cheers

Tim

Hey can you give me more details of this Lease Plan please? Sounds interesting. And what are pre-tax?

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Sportivo this weekend. Car looks great for the price.

What options do people recommend?

How much is the Sunroof?

I also am buying through leasing company (www.novalease.com.au) on a Novated lease, but they do give me the freedom to buy from any dealer so I can shop for the best price.

Has anyone contacted Chatswood this week about their pricing?

Thanks

Jason

Thanks Omn1.

Do you know an approx price/RRP for this package?

I would recommend: -

COMPLETE - FULL MING AFTERMARKET PACK INCLUDING:-

- Enviroshield Paint Finish Protection.

- Carpet and Fabric Protection.

- Leather and Vinyl Protection.

- Sound Deadening and Dust Sealing.

- RustStopper Electronic Rust Prevention.

- StealStopper Security System Alarm Upgrade.

- Titanium Tint Windows (Darkest Legal Tint).

It works, I have had these products installed on my last four vehicles.

too much

hahaha

you know half the stuff that you just mentioned the car has to actually be equiped with to make it over seas on the boats without going rusty and faded in the first place so whats the point

as for noise deadening just dead weight i dont hear any road noise in my car and i dont have it so whats the point

as for tinting they charge like over $600 why bother you can get it from mr cool any design or darkeness you want for $220 with warranty on the tint so you dont have to worry about it going funny at all

not to mention almost EVERY tinting place is around the $250 mark

only thing i recommend is factory alarm as alot of aftermarket alarms play up something shocking including mine

Hey can you give me more details of this Lease Plan please? Sounds interesting. And what are pre-tax?

Hi xGSiR,

First thing is you need to work for a company that offers leaseplan novated vehicle leasing to its employees. There are probably other ways to obtain a vehicle through leaseplan, but I am not familiar with any of their other leaseplans.

Novated Leasing means that you lease the vehicle through your company (the car is registered in your name), but the repayments come out of your salary pre tax. This means that the cost of leasing the vehicle is deducted from your gross[i/] salary (before your employer takes out the tax component.)

This is a great way to obtain a vehicle whilst minimizing your tax (esp if you are on a good salary.) The second point you need to keep in mind is that you have to travel a certain number of kilometres per year otherwise you will end up haing to pay extra FBT (fringe benefits tax.)

When you lease a vehicle through Leaseplan (or one of its competitors), You agree to travel a certain number of kilometres per year & based upon that figure, Leaseplan calculate the running costs of the vehicle (amount of fuel, cost of servicing, tyres & insurance.) Basically, you just drive the bloody thing. What happens, is that the figure Leaseplan calculate (based upon the kms you agree to travel per year) is factored into your lease repayments. This comes out of your salary pre-tax. Obviously this reduces your take home pay, but also reduces the amount of tax you pay. Since all running costs are already paid for (you're given a fuel card & you ring leaseplan when taking the car in for service - they then pay for the servicing) you just need to make sure that you reach the agreed number of kilometres each year. Still, you should talk to your accountant before taking up any offer that substantially affects your salary.

At the end of the lease, you have the choice to return the vehicle (and possibly look for a new car to lease) or buy it out at a residual value. From my calculations, I am saving around $10K by leasing the vehicle over 3 years, then buying it outright compared to purchasing the vehicle privately through finance over 5 years.

Cheers

Tim

Edited by snakesau

Hi,

I am looking to buy a Sportivo this weekend.  Car looks great for the price. 

What options do people recommend?

How much is the Sunroof?

I also am buying through leasing company (www.novalease.com.au) on a Novated lease, but they do give me the freedom to buy from any dealer so I can shop for the best price.

Has anyone contacted Chatswood this week about their pricing?

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

Chatswood Toyota are the people who I have submitted my quote to Leaseplan.

I would also suggest you get a quote from Penrith Toyota (it might be worth the drive.)

Cheers

Tim

I beg to differ for your comments, as if it did not work, I would have not purchased the products on four seperate new cars.

Noise Deadening DOES WORK.  The protection stuff DOES WORK, I had a car that 120,000klm on it, and it looked like it had only 20,000klm on it.

Peoples in Melbourne have seen two of these vehicles, and have seen how clean and how good condition they are kept in.

Therefore in short, I recommend the products I use and I know that work.

L8tr.

A total waste of money. The only thing worth getting is the alarm and tint but you could get both of them for much lower price elsewhere.

Why spend all that money when you could only spend a fraction on a set of high quality car care products to keep it looking like new?

Newbies usually fall for these tricks lol

As for the price of Sportivos, over $30k on-road. Geez. For that sort of price I wouldn't have bought it in the first place. I got mine for $27300 ON ROAD with floor mat. It cost me $230 or something to get it tinted elsewhere. I could have got slightly better deal I reckon but it was already a reasonable deal so I took it.

Edited by coladuna

i agree with coladuna

obviously cus thats exactly what i said a few posts earlier

i can keep my car looking like new after 100 000km easy haha you just look after it

a car doesnt stay clean and in good condition cus of some **** spray they put on it like 3 years ago (yeah whatever)

as for tint exactly WAY cheaper else where

i recomend the alarm thats it

and maybe the sunroof too

peace out

and if there is no outside noise in the first place what exactly is your sound deadening doing

i dont hear any noises that from outside the car other than my exhaust haha

Some mor questions for you

What alarm system should I get. So far the dealer has given me an option of a standard upgrade for $295 and then the next up is $495, which I believe has usual sensors.

How much is a Sunroof?

How much do people pay on the street for Tint? And any recomendations?

Thanks heaps for the info. Hopefully by Monday I have my name on a Sportivo. Will let you know how I go. Going seeking tomorrow, from what some of the dealers are saying, there are still new stocks in their holding yards, so we have a few weeks yet before they dry up.

PS. I rang Chatswood Toyota, and asked about the $25990 deal, but hey said it was actually 27990 plus onroads. (not trying to get anything started - just relaying what Toyota said)

Thanks

Jason

really unless you are gonna be spending millions on the car

all you need is an alarm that will go off whn the car has been hit or if any of the doors,bonnet,hatch is opened thats about it really

as for window tint i paid 220 and that allowed for me to choose whatever darkness i wanted and it came with a lifetime warranty

also a choice of coloured tints too hehe

DONT get your sunroof fitted by toyota, or any dealer, because most times they just go to an outside source and get a quote, add their percentage and you get ripped. I know up hear (QLD) that Mitsu charge $2000, Holden charge $2500, not sure bout Toyota, but you can get the exact same sunroof fitted for like $1750. Thats the top of the line model.

Its worth shopping around, as you all know...