Buying a Sportivo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beating a gen3

Thats the funnist thing ive ever heard

A cliosport will **** on you guys and ive beat them.

All you guys just cant handle the truth.

Stock for stock im gona probably have 2 agree with u ..... (flame suit on :P :P :P)

Now however there is no way a clio or a peugot will keep up with my stivo now and this has been proven .... Just ask the clio driver .....

Sportivo is only good on paper

typical toyota

The sportivo is aimed at a specific type of driver and if your simply not that type of driver this is what u will think .... it would sound to me that ur simply after an effortless torque engine that has it their from the get go .... if this is the case then i 100% agree the stivo is not the car for you .... BUT i totally disagree with your statement as all cars are good on paper .... It all depends on how u drive them

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and you obviously have urs ....

As i am being open minded to listen to what u have 2 say im going to re-iterate a point that u seem to have not considered and that is the recent drag day which settles the SP23 vs Sportivo arguement .....

But i guess we find our selves at the spend more $$$ for a stock vehicle or spend less $$$ on a stock vehicle and using the $$$ saved to purchase mods ....

Well the 2nd point is the path i took and where my car sits now yes it gives a lot of the so called big boys a run for their money and by far its quicker than the cars in its class and even most in the next class up .....

Im never one who likes to quote magazines but im going to have to as im not a big v8 fan.... Ok an SS according to motor is gona set u back $52K to give u performance of 13.99 down the 1/4

I know of a celica (2zz-ge .... the torqueless engine u keep mentioning) that is running consistent 13.7/13.8 and handles like an absolute animal which will make a mess of an SS on the straight and on a track and i know the total cost i.e. car + mods was just on $50K .... hey i know what i would take the celica all the way looks better to ....

This being said there is also a certain RunX in South Afirca which is also pulling mid 13's down the 1/4 .....

So again open ur eyes guys and stop being so narrow minded.

cheers

Bill

Let him have his opinion fellas, he wasn't at drag day and we sure as hell aren't around to watch him drive.

And max, both cars are built for completely different types drivers, so perhaps your driving style is more suited to the mazda.

I know theres a guy that drives a DC5 around my area and he's been beaten by me once and the next time he tried to race he couldn't pull past me. AND I DRIVE AN AUTO 1ZZE!

He just gets too excited and forgets how to shift. <_<

Does your stivo make you excited?

How bout we trade cars? the 1zze has more torque than the stivo! and i have chrome blings! :D

I think what Max fails to realise is that many of the guys here are mates with people on the OzMazda forum, and many of us are members there too. There is a healthy rivalry and yes early on the Mazda boys believed they were quicker (thanks to some 'clever' journalism), but they have been proven wrong time and again and now accept that it IS a real challenge to beat the Sportivo. Every time there is a joint meet up it is the same result, the Sportivo comes out on top. Sure the car in not as refined and 'nice' to sit in, but that's not the point, the Sportivo is a car that is all about one thing... it's engine... and it's a little ripper!!! :D

It is a car designed to be driven well, it takes time to learn to drive 'properly' in it too... why don't you come out to one of the meets and see for yourself just what can be done? :rolleyes:

Bah. Don't bother with this idiot. It's very obvious that he can't drive ****. Quite frankly, Sportivo is a car which loses a lot of speed if you stink at shifting. All I have to say to this troll is go and learn to drive before you blame the car. Better yet, it would be a better idea for you to buy yourself an automatic car, since you won't have to shift like a granny. LOL

I don't really give a damn about your outdated, crap Commodore either, which is only good for guzzling down fuel.

Oohh I dunno bout commodores. I a bit scared of them now. Ask the fellas that went to the melb drag day. **** in a HSV tried to run me into the pointy road divider thing. :ph34r:

The problem is always the drivers, not the cars... just like hondas no?

;)

hey man i never said it will beat a GEN 111 my parents own a GEN 111 and i used to own a V8 clubsport myself

but i am saying i CAN and WILL beat an SP23

aaah damn i did it again, i keep forgetting to check for more pages LOL this was supposed to be in reply to the last post of the last page that MAX002 made

sorry guys

Edited by evl_50a

its a real shame that all the ignorant people on the forums are not in QLD, as it looks like they could all use a simple demo.......

;) ....Puts hand up!!(ahh hang on a SP23 did you say? No thanks I have already obliterated at least 3 of those things and with the price of fuel these days it's just not worth it.)

B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

Hmm, just not too long ago i lost to a manual SV8 from a rolling start (bad idea against cars with more than tripple the amt of torque :( ), lost by abt 2-3 cars by end of 3rd gear. Now u all know how many manual V8s there are out there, very few... in my area at least. I am used to keeping up and giving plenty of BA XR8s and Gen2/3 SS a fright and smile but hey they might all be autos with tight engines, but this once i lost convincingly to the SV8 but he sure was pushing that V8 of his cuz i wasn't too far behind :)

SP23 is a nice car but it needs more go to keep up with the Sportivo. Maybe the Mazda 3 MPS will have a better chance.. lets all keep a lookout ;)

Thanks xGSiR for the welcome,

I ended up paying $27,500 on the road inc. Alarm upgrade and mats. 

It was invoiced mid november, so I think a good price at the time (compared to prices I see people now getting - $25k).  It is the endless circle - when do you get on, as the price may always drop, but you may also miss out.

I am happy, just taking it easy till the 2000km's mark before I start giving it some.  My other car is a HSV Clubsport, but too dam expensive to run.  I like the car, just needs a little more - lowered, window tint.

When/where is the monthly meet?

Hey evl 50a - I am out Penrith way.

Just check out the 'Club Meets & Events" section. We have a monthly meet up on the last saturday of every month at Villawood shop centre area where there is Bunnings Warehouse, Autobarn, Maccas and yeah.

Where do the Mazda guys get their beliefs that their SP23 can beat the Sportivo man? I think we really need to settle this once and for all. Have a meet up somewhere and drag one or two races or so. And have it recorded of course :)

But then i cant encourage street racing so ohh well.

Edited by xGSiR

You guys need to wake up to reality

its only a corolla what are you expecting.

it's only a mazda, wat are YOU expecting.

are u saying your SP23 "powerhouse" should kick the RX8 as well, coz of all the torque u have?

u need to wake up to reality, too. there are different types of drivers, different cars for different purposes.

Are you saying thisa corolla can keep with a rx8

And also ive told what im expecting Sp23 is a little bit quicker than a sportivo

but slower than a Clio Sport/GTI 180

if you do you have no idea

ignorance. shoo.

go back and read your magazines, u keyboard hero.

Edited by shaohaok

Me! me!

Will swap my 1zze (LOTS OF TORQUE)for 2zze

Will pay for freighting the cars from you to me and me to you.

Will include the following freebies:

* furry sik dice

* Complete blue prints of Apexi powerFC

* Enough parts to DIY 200 "power FCs"

* Much used hand written manual on "how to drive an auto car"

* Much used racing manual "My auto car owns"

* 20 Kg bag of rice (of your choice)

* 10 tubes of super glue (for affixing rice to car)

Me! me!

Will swap my 1zze (LOTS OF TORQUE)for 2zze

Will pay for freighting the cars from you to me and me to you.

Will include the following freebies:

* furry sik dice

* Complete blue prints of Apexi powerFC

* Enough parts to DIY 200 "power FCs"

* Much used hand written manual on "how to drive an auto car"

* Much used racing manual "My auto car owns"

* 20 Kg bag of rice (of your choice)

* 10 tubes of super glue (for affixing rice to car)

HAHAHAHA you funny fcker!!! :D