Buying a Sportivo

you know what man based on the first half of the post it sounded like the SP23 was yours

now it sounds like your after a Stivo

anyways if you got the extra 10grand to spend on the SP23 i reckon you should get the Stivo with all the options including sunroof and probably still have money left over for a few fun mods

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Ash's opinion.

I'm not saying that the SP23 is weak by any means, but the Sportivo does have a lot more power, even though it's above 6000rpm. The SP23 has more torque and has a very balanced and stiff chassis, which makes it a lot of fun to drive in the twisties. If you want straight line speed, the Sportivo is the car for you.

Hi IZZ-FE,

I did enjoy the SP23 when I took it for a test drive on the weekend, it was comfortable as well as nice to drive.  Most of the cars I have driven in the past though aren't performance vehicles.  I am looking at something that has a "little bit extra" up its sleeve.  Obviously it won't be like a WRX or a V8, but thats not what I am looking for (plus I want to keep my licence :ph34r:  )

Cheers

Tim

If your going to flay past people at 10-20km/hr faster then other cars, ur increasing the chance of getting caught and thus losing your license ;)

From what you have just said, sounds like the Sportivo would be the better for you. It has alot more power then the SP23, for when you feel like being a little bit boy racer. And you get the added bonus of the plush leather interior, for the same price on road as the SP23.

And if you like to stand out from the crowd the Sportivo is far less common then the SP23. This is a some what un-biased opion form someone who drives a Lancer, but dreams of when he can get the Sportivo. The only down side of the Sportivo over the SP23 is the lack of colour choice...

No too worried about colour choice, probably go for white, blue or silver (in that order.) I would prefer normal material over leather (if I have a choice), leather needs upkeep + having bad posture I would prefer a proper sports seat.

Cheers

Tim

you know what man based on the first half of the post it sounded like the SP23 was yours

now it sounds like your after a Stivo

anyways if you got the extra 10grand to spend on the SP23 i reckon you should get the Stivo with all the options including sunroof and probably still have money left over for a few fun mods

LOL, yeah I know.

I should have spelt it out in the beginning, but what can you do - hey :D

Since the car will be under lease, I probably won't be modding it until after I buy it outright (after 3 yrs).

Cheers

Tim

I agree with Ash's opinion.

I'm not saying that the SP23 is weak by any means, but the Sportivo does have a lot more power, even though it's above 6000rpm.  The SP23 has more torque and has a very balanced and stiff chassis, which makes it a lot of fun to drive in the twisties.  If you want straight line speed, the Sportivo is the car for you.

Yeah, the SP23 was an ok drive - it had plenty of torque when driving around the hilly streets behind Dee Why. I do enjoy the corners more than fanging along straight roads (that just gets you in trouble with the cops hehe)

I'll see how the Stivo goes later in the week around Chatswood & let you know what I think :D

Cheers

Tim

I heard there might be a Mazda 3 MPS coming out in the next year or so?

Was reading OzMazda forum.

So it would be a seriously hot hatch or sedan or whatever.

Hi xGSir,

I had a quick look on the Mazda forum & found a thread that mentioned the MPS. Unfortunately it did not list any specs. Do you (or anyone else) know anything about the MPS?

Cheers

Tim

Nothing has been officially released, but you're looking at a competitor to the Ford XR5, HSV VXR and Golf GTi.  So it's going to be $40,000+

Whats the point of FWD turbo cars? Hard to drive, if I wanted a turbo I'd get a WRX.

FWD and atmo high revers are the way to go - intergras, stivos etc.

And 40 grand to a turbo SP23? No thanks? 36-7 grand tops and knowing mazda they like to charge the most they can.

Nothing has been officially released, but you're looking at a competitor to the Ford XR5, HSV VXR and Golf GTi.  So it's going to be $40,000+

Whats the point of FWD turbo cars? Hard to drive, if I wanted a turbo I'd get a WRX.

And 40 grand to a turbo SP23? No thanks? 36-7 grand tops and knowing mazda they like to charge the most they can.

It's not just Mazda that are overcharging, look at the GTi... I the XR5 and VXR will be priced the same as well.

It's not just Mazda that are overcharging, look at the GTi... I the XR5 and VXR will be priced the same as well.

Yep, I agree, all are rip offs, sportivo and SP23 are better options for a quick FWD car.

And VW wont discount the Golf at all and 6 months waiting lists - I have no idea why anyone wants a Golf GTI under those terms.

Ill just add i have seen advertisments for 2005 Sportivos for $25990 on road. Considerably cheaper than a SP23

please help me out here.

i was quoted considerably more than this figure (for a sportivo, on the road) in

mackay and townsville... $30-$31k

thanks

Take a trip to Sydney maybe. You could fly down first class stay in a hotel for a few nights with the money you save:P

But call places Chatswood Toyota Sydney they have good deals. Sydney City Toyota, i got mine from there 5 months ago for $27,200.

The $25,990 deal was in last weeks firday or saturday Daily Telegraph.

Edited by ar44

Take a trip to Sydney maybe. You could fly down first class stay in a hotel for a few nights with the money you save:P

But call places Chatswood Toyota Sydney they have good deals. Sydney City Toyota, i got mine from there 5 months ago for $27,200.

cool i will keep this in mind (bows respectfully)

but is there anything better going north of the border (qld)?

and

if i wait (if i can, ugh) until jan 06 they should be cheaper, right? (being 05 plate etc)

i think i need all the help i can get. i have the resources, but i certainly do not want to spend a cent more than i have to on purchase price. that is what mods are for!

cool i will keep this in mind (bows respectfully)

but is there anything better going north of the border (qld)?

and

if i wait (if i can, ugh) until jan 06 they should be cheaper, right? (being 05 plate etc)

i think i need all the help i can get. i have the resources, but i certainly do not want to spend a cent more than i have to on purchase price. that is what mods are for!

They have stopped making them, get in quick if you want one, Jan 06 will propably be

to late. And the holiday idea is a good one, and giving it a run up the old pacific highway on the way home could be fun!

remember but you gotta take it easy for th first few thousand kms to drive it in

with just the occasional push but never redline

then after that reset the ECU then give it a good hit

Man i wonder how long stock will last for a 05 Sportivo. Stopped production last month, do you think the final shipment of sportivo has arrived to Australia by now?

Im racing against the clock almost since i want to get one soon but doesn't seem likely until early next year >.< Especially a white sportivo.

I think you'll find that this would be base price.

By the time you add on factory options, aftermarket options, stamp duty, gst etc you will be looking around the $30K mark.

I just got my leaseplan quote (with a heap of options) and came out just a squizz over $30K. Unless you are willing to buy floor stock (good luck finding one) or base model, you won't walk away under $30K.

Also December build closes on Friday (so I was told), unless you have an order in before then you won't see one until Febuary next year at the earliest.

I have a brand new blue Sportivo held for me awaiting leaseplan approval :D

I think you'll find that this would be base price.

By the time you add on factory options, aftermarket options, stamp duty, gst etc you will be looking around the $30K mark.

I just got my leaseplan quote (with a heap of options) and came out just a squizz over $30K. Unless you are willing to buy floor stock (good luck finding one) or base model, you won't walk away under $30K.

Also December build closes on Friday (so I was told), unless you have an order in before then you won't see one until Febuary next year at the earliest.

I have a brand new blue Sportivo held for me awaiting leaseplan approval :D

I paid $27500 OTR for my Stivo (05 model) and I know some other ppl have got one for less. 30 is way too much!!

Edited by Gumball

i got mine roughly 5 months ag for 28 grand drive away

i reckon you could easily get atleast 26grand for them now if you go to the right place

if you got the money or finance fo for it now dont risk it and miss out

Gumball & evl_50a,

What options did you get?

My base (leaseplan) price is $26355

Options= $2330 (bonnet, headlight & weathershields, ultra paint protection, rust protection, interior protection, window tinting, alarm upgrade, rear scuff guard, dash mat, floor mats, metallic paint)

Dealer delivery + Rego + Stamp Duty + GST= $4330

Drive away price = $30 310

Cheers

Tim

Gumball & evl_50a,

What options did you get?

My base (leaseplan) price is $26355

Options= $2330 (bonnet, headlight & weathershields, ultra paint protection, rust protection, interior protection, window tinting, alarm upgrade, rear scuff guard, dash mat, floor mats, metallic paint)

Dealer delivery + Rego + Stamp Duty + GST= $4330

Drive away price = $30 310

Cheers

Tim

I did not get any options