Buying a Sportivo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was buying a new Sportivo, I'd get the 'Sportivo' springs added - lower and stiffer than the standard Corolla springs (which are the same as the Sportivo springs).

yeah thats a good idea

BUT if you plan on lowering it later with sports suspension or whatever then i wouldnt waste my money on that either

but if your gonna keep it factory standard then you would go for the lower sortivo springs

Edited by evl_50a

yeah thats a good idea

BUT if you plan on lowering it later with sports suspension or whatever then i wouldnt waste my money on that either

but if your gonna keep it factory standard then you would go for the lower sortivo springs

Now if your definition of "sports suspension" is a set of King Springs, I'd say without hesitation picking up these Sportivo springs will be worthwhile. First, from a price perspective, they can be had very cheap on a new vehicle (ie: thrown in free, or fitted without labour). Secondly, they'll be covered by your factory warranty, which is really valuable.

The stock shocks are good and with improved springs you'll find them fine for hard driving. If you're really serious about suspension, you'd be working towards buying coil-overs (and probably not $1.5k, for cheap ones), which would replace your current suspension struts. But until you're ready to drop ~$5k on suspension work (I'm talking about going further than just coil-overs here), you'll have driving a much improved suspension setup right out of the dealer door.

Now, if you ever want to sell the car, you'd want to remove your coil-over struts and refit the stock ones - seeing as they're going to do nothing for the value of the car - and sell them off (on here, for example). Worse, some "lowering" or "sports" springs fitted to your car will probably reduce its resale value.

this is the sunroof model i have on my sportivo,

Webasto Sunroof - Hollandia Stratos700/43-5,

i got it done by toyota b4 they delivered my car, cost me $2500 back in 2003.

the tints i got them after market the dealer sent me to where they send all their cars to me tinted and they charge you 495! i got darker tint for only 220.

Hi,

Where did you get the Tint done. I signed up for a car yesterday and they wanted to charge $545 for Tint.

Thanks

this is the sunroof model i have on my sportivo,

Webasto Sunroof - Hollandia Stratos700/43-5,

i got it done by toyota b4 they delivered my car, cost me $2500 back in 2003.

the tints i got them after market the dealer sent me to where they send all their cars to me tinted and they charge you 495! i got  darker tint for only 220.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man if you intend on getting even lower springs later then why would you waste the money on getting standard sports springs now

you will probably find that the price of the lowered springs you want later is cheaper than the springs from toyota

unless your going all out with coil overs then obviously they will be more expensive hehe

I finally put my name against a New Sportivo. Can't wait to get it.

Does anyone know of a good Window Tint shop in Atarmon or Penrith areas? Dealer wanted to charge $500+ for tint.

If anyone is buying, I would recommend Chatswood Toyota followed by Penrith. I found Chatswood were a little easier to deal with straight off the bat for price, but Penrith could offer the same after some hard haggling.

Does anyone in sydney have any good prices on insurance? Mainly interested in prices below $900.

Thanks

Jason

I finally put my name against a New Sportivo.  Can't wait to get it.

Does anyone know of a good Window Tint shop in Atarmon or Penrith areas?  Dealer wanted to charge $500+ for tint.

If anyone is buying, I would recommend Chatswood Toyota followed by Penrith.  I found Chatswood were a little easier to deal with straight off the bat for price, but Penrith could offer the same after some hard haggling.

Does anyone in sydney have any good prices on insurance?  Mainly interested in prices below $900.

Thanks

Jason

Hey congrats on the purchase, come to the monthly meet next time and meet other Corolla owners.

How much did you purchase your car for by the way?

getting below $900 is difficult in Sydney. Best try Budget Direct as they are very rarely beaten on a quote but also look at what you get covered (including post repair warranty). Just rung around and see what you can get, or use a broker.

I finally put my name against a New Sportivo.  Can't wait to get it.

Does anyone know of a good Window Tint shop in Atarmon or Penrith areas?  Dealer wanted to charge $500+ for tint.

If anyone is buying, I would recommend Chatswood Toyota followed by Penrith.  I found Chatswood were a little easier to deal with straight off the bat for price, but Penrith could offer the same after some hard haggling.

Does anyone in sydney have any good prices on insurance?  Mainly interested in prices below $900.

Thanks

Jason

excellent so where abouts you from

getting below $900 is difficult in Sydney. Best try Budget Direct as they are very rarely beaten on a quote but also look at what you get covered (including post repair warranty). Just rung around and see what you can get, or use a broker.

i got mine under $900 (894.xx) with NRMA.

25 yrs old with 8 yrs driving experience (Syd).

insured with Market Value (agree value of $28000 will cost me ~$1000)

i know there may be cheaper elsewhere, but i just dont have anytime to shop around when i bought my new car...

oh yeah haha oh well that was 3 pages ago LOL

its basicly all been on accesories now

as for the SP23 going better i dont think so

maybe smoother ride but its NOT quicker

Edited by evl_50a

ok then let me at them hahaha

ill race them and beat them cus i already have

besides who cares what the magazines say

almost everyone on this forum has raced and beaten an SP23 before who drives a stivo