Engine immobiliser

KT_haha

Hi guys,

I just made a duplicate key for my stivo, but as I predicted, it can not start the engine even with the original key next to the key hole when I use the duplicate to turn the ignition. Is there any way to disable or cheat the system so I can use the duplicate key to start the engine?

my friend has the auto start installed, and it is a kit that has a small coil where you place one of the original key inside it, so every time you remotely start the ignition, it triggers the key to disable the ignition.

Any ideas or attempts?

Daniel

Hiyas,

Correct me if i am wrong, however i don't think that a duplicate key can be used. From what i remember, if you were to loose your keys, it costs up to $2000 to get a new key because this requires the computer and ignition to be replaced.

However i may be misunderstanding your intent.

Hiyas,

Correct me if i am wrong, however i don't think that a duplicate key can be used. From what i remember, if you were to loose your keys, it costs up to $2000 to get a new key because this requires the computer and ignition to be replaced.

However i may be misunderstanding your intent.

i only have 1 key.. so i asked toyota.. to duplicate a key.. its 150..

from other places it 100..

y wud u need 2000?? id rather get something else...

sorry KT_haha.. cant help man~ :unsure:

Hi guys,

I just made a duplicate key for my stivo, but as I predicted, it can not start the engine even with the original key next to the key hole when I use the duplicate to turn the ignition. Is there any way to disable or cheat the system so I can use the duplicate key to start the engine?

my friend has the auto start installed, and it is a kit that has a small coil where you place one of the original key inside it, so every time you remotely start the ignition, it triggers the key to disable the ignition.

Any ideas or attempts?

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

from what i know simply duplicating the keys is not enough as there is like something programmed on them or something ..... if it the fact that uve lost a key give toyota a call and see what they .....

As for by passing the immobiliser .... i guess if u can work out how its connected into the circuit u could then possible work around it ....

cheers

Bill

Well, I'm going to go the way of the starter button soon and I was also thinking of how to move the entire key ignition assembly. I'll find time one of these week ends to move it out and see if the bit that senses the chip in the key is in the ignition assembly itself or else where. Once i figure that out i'll let you know how to by pass the imobiliser