Coilover review

DANZZT231

As some of you guys know, I havebeen talking about coilover for ages (sorry Shao, can't help it). Through the help of Shao, Pippy, MAP81 and Stockvvti, and countless hours of intense research, I finally found the ideal coilover set up I need.

Pippy sourced a set for me, and I got it 4 weeks ago. Itching to fit the coilover, exams are coming and no time to spare. I finally able to get the coilover in last night, so here is some review.

The spring rate is rather weird, it is 8kg front with 4kg rear, looks like its a recipe for king of understeer. Its also non adjustable damper, so I can only hope that the damper and the spring rate are well-matched. But nevermind that, its serves to ride on street, can't go understeer with 60km/h turn.

Installing is easy, as long as you have the tools and been looking at DIY guides. I am affraid that the ride will be harsh, being 8kg at front. I lowered the suspension to the max, and thanks to 2 way height adjustable, I do not need to lower the suspension from the spring perch, just raise the suspension body and that lowers the suspension without the sacrifice of suspension stroke. The rear is perfect, no gap whatsoever, but the front, hmmmmm, still 2 fingers gap, and Dr Danz don't like that, so new linear spring with custom height has to be sourced very soon.

Time to roll on to the street. I brace myself ready for some kidney belting action. We shook the car and damn its stiff. I meant, really, the car don't shake. Knowing that, I drive easy. Hang on, its comfortable! Sure its stiff, but its firm! Melbourne road is known with tram rails and some dodgy level ground, man the suspension absorbs anything in its path like a champ. No bonce, no sagging, no harshness, just pure bliss. It feels very stable. There's no other words to say it, but FIRM.

Unfortunately, I cannot allign it now without camber adjustment tools, either top mount or bolt, so on Monday, Pedders camber bolt will go in set at negative 1.5 degree camber.

And here are some pictures, including my old-timer, Ghetto Low Kings Springs.

post-61-1132374002_thumb.jpg

Thanks man, and since you're the pro here, what I intend to do is get lowering spring so it allow me to raise the sprng perch and get more thread for the suspension body to go up.

I guess that should be fine coz the srut travel don't suffer much?

As some of you guys know, I havebeen talking about coilover for ages (sorry Shao, can't help it). Through the help of Shao, Pippy, MAP81 and Stockvvti, and countless hours of intense research, I finally found the ideal coilover set up I need.

Pippy sourced a set for me, and I got it 4 weeks ago. Itching to fit the coilover, exams are coming and no time to spare. I finally able to get the coilover in last night, so here is some review.

The spring rate is rather weird, it is 8kg front with 4kg rear, looks like its a recipe for king of understeer. Its also non adjustable damper, so I can only hope that the damper and the spring rate are well-matched. But nevermind that, its serves to ride on street, can't go understeer with 60km/h turn.

Installing is easy, as long as you have the tools and been looking at DIY guides. I am affraid that the ride will be harsh, being 8kg at front. I lowered the suspension to the max, and thanks to 2 way height adjustable, I do not need to lower the suspension from the spring perch, just raise the suspension body and that lowers the suspension without the sacrifice of suspension stroke. The rear is perfect, no gap whatsoever, but the front, hmmmmm, still 2 fingers gap, and Dr Danz don't like that, so new linear spring with custom height has to be sourced very soon.

Time to roll on to the street. I brace myself ready for some kidney belting action. We shook the car and damn its stiff. I meant, really, the car don't shake. Knowing that, I drive easy. Hang on, its comfortable! Sure its stiff, but its firm! Melbourne road is known with tram rails and some dodgy level ground, man the suspension absorbs anything in its path like a champ. No bonce, no sagging, no harshness, just pure bliss. It feels very stable. There's no other words to say it, but FIRM.

Unfortunately, I cannot allign it now without camber adjustment tools, either top mount or bolt, so on Monday, Pedders camber bolt will go in set at negative 1.5 degree camber.

And here are some pictures, including my old-timer, Ghetto Low Kings Springs.

post-61-1132374002_thumb.jpg

hahaah that pic, i remember! i was staring and staring at it b4 i my stivo got delivered :lol:

It looks not much diff on distance, but the front is higher. Nevermind that for now, quite broke to spend on set of lower springs, camber has to go in to fix the allignment too.

But hey, at least I don't rub when I thunders through corners at Mach 4.