Aurion water pump

John1982

This is a recent water pump replacement video by The Car Nut.

I found it useful from the perspective of the tips and tricks rather than the actual procedure.

He mentions a new improved version of the water pump which should be worth noting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes mate watched it, he explains it so well and you can tell the expertise he has dealing with difficult things to remove before getting to the pump. The new one as he said is a better version so good to keep it noted in case a replacement is needed. A great channel to watch for information and advise

Ty for posting

KAA

2 hours ago, KAA said:

he explains it so well and you can tell the expertise he has dealing with difficult things to remove before getting to the pump

Yes, I agree. He makes it look really easy, and it shouldn't be a hard job if you have a basic DIY approach. Just plan it out, arrange the tools you need and go step by step.

2 hours ago, KAA said:

The new one as he said is a better version so good to keep it noted in case a replacement is needed.

I'm not sure if that upgraded part is available universally as I haven't come across that "newer style" pump in recent times. I dare say, it could be a U.S. only upgrade, but I can find out from a few of the Toyota dealerships I've purchased from before. The Genuine Parts aren't cheap either. The water pumps are almost twice the price, but if it's a high quality item built to last, then it's money well spent I reckon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes Detail Guru if you can check it out would be great always handy to know what new ones are available

Thanks Tony

KAA

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The newer style water pumps are available here. Dealership wanted $260 but my local parts store stocked an identical part for less than half that. Only difference is it came in an Aisin box and has the Toyota logo ground off.

275820698_377174140956273_1252782782470099015_n.jpg

• Thanks 2

TY for posting this, its good to know they are here now personally I try to go genuine always when I can, but at least there is an alternative available when the money is in short supply as it is right now with petrol and food prices through the roof.

Thanks mate appreciated

KAA

15 hours ago, domej said:

Only difference is it came in an Aisin box and has the Toyota logo ground off.

Haha, so it's the same OEM part for half the price. Damn, 100% more for having a Toyota logo. No  shame whatsoever it seems...:g: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1