2011 Aurion Touring SE Tyres

Gaijin94

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking and reading posts on here and reviews on standard tyre review websites and I haven’t got a clue…maybe I’m a simpleton, but I can’t work it out. 
I need to change my tyres (215/55 R17 93V)on my new (to me) Aurion . Like most people, I’m looking for low noise, good in wet and dry, slow wearing, with a bit of performance when I feel like giving it a little squirt.  Does such a tyre exist or am I only dreaming. Sorry for my lack of brain power regarding this and thank you in advance for sharing your wisdom. 

• Like 1

Hi Chris, yes a touchy and personal subject that is, everyone has their own likes and dislikes when it comes to the black stuff that keeps us alive. I went with 2 types over the years that have proven to last and are quiet and feel safe. 1st was the Dunlop SP Sport felt good lasted good and quality was good, then last time went with the Michelin Primacy 4 cost a bit more but they have worn very well, excellent in the wet and smooth and quiet. I do have a spare set of alloys with Firestones on them and like to swap out every few months as it allows me to detail the set I have removed. But as I said so many have different likes and dislikes so my suggestion is buy quality spend what you can afford mate. I look for bargains like by 3 get 1 free offers and there are a lot of those about right now. Let us know what you end up with

KAA

• Like 2

Sounds like we have similar tyre requirements where I am looking for a quality touring type tyre and my main emphasis is upon braking and wet handling. 

The following are on my short list for ready reference: 

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003
Continental UltraContact 6

Michelin Primacy 4 [New Generation 2018/9] 

Depending upon price and availability, I would most likely prefer the Michelin.

• Like 3

Thank you both for the information. I really appreciate the time taken in responding. Your opinions have definitely given me some more specifics to go on. Will definitely post what tyres I end up getting. Again thanks so much!

• Like 1

Yes Chris you always feel immediately what fresh rubber feels like when holding the wheel as it is so very reassuring, thanks for passing on your choice

KAA

Michelin are currently a complete & utter ripoff, they're screwing the consumer because they can. Having very low to non existent stock availability isn't helping anyone's cause.

I want PS4's for my car but not @ $1,400 ! Will be looking elsewhere in the coming months. Th BS are looking the goods atm.

• Like 1

Totally agree ZZ, so many companies are now digging in with huge prices I was looking at updating the spare tyres and rims I have with Firestones on them but will wait a while now as the prices are huge so will wait and see what specials come up in the near future.

KAA

19 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

I want PS4's for my car but not @ $1,400 !

Wow !. They know where they can stick that price tag right ? 😁

There's no way they can justify that ludicrous amount for PS4's.

I'm kinda glad I did my tyres before this crazy turn of events.

On 3/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, Gaijin94 said:

I ended up getting a pair of Continental MC6’s for the front. I must say they make a world of difference!

I put on a set of Michelin Primacy 3ST tyres on mine Dec 2021 and are still behaving well with plenty of tread left. I've only ever had Michelin tyres on my Aurion so I can't offer any opinions on any other brand unfortunately.

Reason why I stuck with Michelin was the quality of ride and comfort and longevity.

Just make sure you keep tabs on your front end alignment so they don't wear prematurely.

It's always awesome having fresh rubber on the car. Makes it feel like new again.

I hope those Conti's serve you well my friend.

Cheers :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Wow !. They know where they can stick that price tag right ? 😁

There's no way they can justify that ludicrous amount for PS4's.

I'm kinda glad I did my tyres before this crazy turn of events.

My still current PS4 is the 225/45/18 size which I got mid 2020 for $1100 inc wheel alignment which at the time I thought was already expensive. At todays prices $1400 is just taking the ***** & the dealers agree that Michelin have gone mad.

It doesn't help that the above size is not common & as such charge more. If it were 40 profile they would be about $400 cheaper a set all up !

Really annoying 😠

• Like 1