The new 1zz forum 1/4 record award goes to.......

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come to think of it, there's less than a second difference between a 1zz and 2zz down the quarter aye.

1.056 seconds to be exact .... ;) ;)

To give the full magnitude of what this 1 sec means on the strip .... 1 sec roughly equates to 40m using the 138km/h speed bill dialed up ...

Yep, stand corrected :)

40m seems a lot, are you sure its not somewhere closer to 25.35m? :P

1 km/h = 0.277777778 meters / second (as per google km/h to m/s )

so 138 x 0.277777778 = 38.333333364 m/s

so 38.333333364 * 1.056 = 40.480000032384 m

so inactual fact i was giving away 0.480000032384 m :P :P :P

i think u need 2 get out ur old maths books bigbum :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:

Come to think of it, there's less than a second difference between a 1zz and 2zz down the quarter aye.

To give the full magnitude of what this 1 sec means on the strip .... 1 sec roughly equates to 40m using the 138km/h speed bill dialed up ...

i think u need 2 get out ur old maths books bigbum :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol:

What the? :lol: The top speed of the car has nothing to do with it.

It's a simple v=d/t.

400m / 15.777 = 25.35m

i think u need 2 get out ur old maths books bigbum :P :lol::lol:

It's a simple v=d/t.

400m / 15.777 = 25.35m

Sorry mate u r 110% mistaken .... all this gives u is if u average out the speed across the whole 400m that bill average 25.35m every second @ a constant speed ... however i doubt that in the first second ... even the first 5 seconds of his run that bills car was moving anywhere near 25.35m per second (thats 91.26 km/h) if what u r saying is correct then why isnt his ET speed 91.26 km/h ????? as the v=d/t formula only works if u r going @ the same rate of speed from start to finish .... i'd love to see a 1zz shoot to 91km/h off the mark would u ? theres a little thing to do with acceleration that the v=d/t formula leaves out :P :P :P....

At the end of the ET is where bills car is travelling at its fastest and i am comparing how far behind he would have been @ the finish line and gave the benefit of the doubt that 40m prior to the end the car was at max speed ... In actual truth all the variables are not hear to work this out however you have totally over simplified the problem to the point where u are not correct .... Atleast using the speed of the car in the last 20m which is how the ET speed is calculated made my calculation a bit more plausable ....

Get those physics books out now ;) ;) ;)

i think u need 2 get out ur old maths books bigbum :P :lol::lol:

It's a simple v=d/t.

400m / 15.777 = 25.35m

Sorry mate u r 110% mistaken .... all this gives u is if u average out the speed across the whole 400m that bill average 25.35m every second @ a constant speed ... however i doubt that in the first second ... even the first 5 seconds of his run that bills car was moving anywhere near 25.35m per second (thats 91.26 km/h) if what u r saying is correct then why isnt his ET speed 91.26 km/h ????? as the v=d/t formula only works if u r going @ the same rate of speed from start to finish .... i'd love to see a 1zz shoot to 91km/h off the mark would u ? theres a little thing to do with acceleration that the v=d/t formula leaves out :P :P :P....

At the end of the ET is where bills car is travelling at its fastest and i am comparing how far behind he would have been @ the finish line and gave the benefit of the doubt that 40m prior to the end the car was at max speed ... In actual truth all the variables are not hear to work this out however you have totally over simplified the problem to the point where u are not correct .... Atleast using the speed of the car in the last 20m which is how the ET speed is calculated made my calculation a bit more plausable ....

Get those physics books out now ;) ;) ;)

Bah I never did physics man, so it's just logical thinking coming into play here. Hate maths.

The v=d/t method is just an average figure. It's not practical because theres no acceleration in it, just 0 constant.

With acceleration coming into play as it is here, it's merely impossible to determine the true results even with acceleration models or whatever because of the lack of info. But I'd agree that your way would be more respectable than my average figure ;)

that was my first time at the drags... bill has raced before...

i got that time on my 2nd ever pass, after a 16.040 for my first run...

hopefully next time i'll be able to improve my 60' time and break the record again :P but for now we'll let bill bask in the glory...

i got 4 runs in the night - my 3rd was 16.045, and my 4th was a lousy something (i cant even find the slip for that one)... 16.4 or something...

anyway... an awesome night :D

congratulations again bill - im slightly jealous and p!ssed off, but you deserve that time - a PERFECT launch!

Thanks guys

I will add to this that i hit the limiter in 3rd which slowed me down at the end.

If you look at my 6.145 slip i was doing the same speed but a 2.56 60 footer!!!!

Any Stock stivos out there wanna run ?? hhahahahaha I think with a stipping of the interia and not rev limiter hitting ill be around a 15.5.

Cant wait till next time.

-Bill

On that slip i was up agaist a 99 WRX from rigoli racing.

He fu%ked the launch up too. I think he ran 12 flat eariler in the night.

I lanuched at 3500rpm for that run. But not holding it there basically just punching the accelorator and then poped the clutch. Just liek on NFSU2 i soppose hahaha

Gotta love my Cheap ebay CAI. Cost me 120 bucks to my door with filter. TOok 30 mintue to put it and took almost a second off my time.

Great stuff by both Bill and Tom... and is Jason now the fastest sedan with his 16.1 :P

wooo .. go the sedan !! .. hahhaah

disspointed with the 2nd run ....

definately have to get out again !!! ... im happy considering its my first time ... but .... gonna have to rip it on the burn out pads next time ! ...

13qz3.jpg

this is me and my mate .. with bill in the background !

and below is my slip.....

27eq.jpg

I lanuched at 3500rpm for that run. But not holding it there basically just punching the accelorator and then poped the clutch. Just liek on NFSU2 i soppose hahaha

Gotta love my Cheap ebay CAI. Cost me 120 bucks to my door with filter. TOok 30 mintue to put it and took almost a second off my time.

:o Talk about bang for ur buck! Question for both u and Tom, how did the clutch fair after the end of the night, especially after 4 runs? - Exe drag day from what i know is 'unlimited' runs :blink: - but i ain't got a backup car, so i gotta b careful

Bill and Tom, some nice times there boys, I should have a challenge on my hands when i do get out to the strip, hehe

Question though Bill...why do you think redlining slows you down? So long as you are not bouncing off the limiter, i have found that shifting off a redline deflection gets you in the best midrange torque for the 1zz for the next gear.

And remember that many tests have shown that the 1zz does not make peak HP until 6600-6700 rpm. With the 1zz Celica GTs the boys at Monkey Wrench racing managed to pull 14.8s by shifting at what they claimed to be the most efficient revs - 7200 rpm...

And as for the clutch...I have crucified the clutch in my 1zz, burnt it hard SO many times (try driving onto service ramps in the grass!) and had plenty of "hard launches" and the SOB keeps coming back strong, hehe. So don't be too worried about losing all your clutch meat after a few runs guys.

:o Talk about bang for ur buck! Question for both u and Tom, how did the clutch fair after the end of the night, especially after 4 runs? - Exe drag day from what i know is 'unlimited' runs :blink: - but i ain't got a backup car, so i gotta b careful

lets just say i have over 70,000k's on my car and i've burnt the hel out of it over my time with the car. IIt's not what it used to be but it doesnt slip yet and the frintion point isnt too high yet either.

The clutch really doesnt hurt that much as i dont burn it off the launch. i think goign to work in peak hour for 2 hours stoppping at starting does mroe damage to my clutch then 4 runs on the strip. Although if you get trigger happy on your first few runs you can really burn the **** out of it. Like the Mr2 did last night.

Mintos : To answer your question. I did hit the limiter which ment when i changed into forth i was at a lower rev then is i flat changed just befor eth elimiter at 6350rpm.

I think mor ethen anything the burnout before the run was what done it for me. i had smoke all over the joint which men tmy tyres just gripped. As well as not having 17 and having the lightwight 15s with 195 tyres.

To BIll.. the WRX that ran a 12.8 was not even 40 meters away. He was about 30 meters. i think a 14.7 would be more like 15 meters away max.

Id liek to run a stock stivo though :P anyone up for it??

For anyones info i did 3 runs

1) rolling start bogged 16.23

2) rolling start 16.145

3) burnout and hard launch 15.777

Edited by SyxXPaC

and yeah Bill (xoom) is pretty much about right...if you are running trap speeds of 135-140 km/h then assuming a sportivo reaches the same speed, but 1 second faster, then a 1 second difference would be about 38-42 metres, a 12.8 would be alot further away than 30 metres Bill (Syxxpac). Because at 135km/h you are travelling almost 39 metres a second and i bet the WRX was going faster than that when he hit the end of the strip. At almost 3 seconds faster than you, he would have been at LEAST 100m infront of you...maybe the intense adrenaline of a 15.7 in a 1zz skewed your perspective? :P

Northys 15.1 was a blemish with the system

We all knwo this.

If his 15.1 were true he would nto have got a stivo as his 1ZZ would be faster. :P

Also i thought i saw a chart that proved this already??

Edited by SyxXPaC

What happened to the 15.1 Northy run in his 1ZZ??? :o

I think we are all pretty certain that was a timing error by now Brennden... Even Northy accepts that one :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mate if we accept northy's efforts into the record books then we need 2 accept the 13.9 that came out of melb dont we ????? And we dont wanna do that :P :P :P :P :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just goes 2 show the other states will do anything to try and take the records away from NSW :lol::lol::lol::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

lol @ bill ! .. also thanks for the "fly" thing ....

and @ Dave - the "knob" thing as amusing ! .. hehehe ..... you can pull it off anytime ! ...

GO NSW !!! .... even though we lost last nite ....

not that I care right now .. coz the drags was alot more fun ! ....

damn slow a$5 sedan !

Good job guys.

How many of you guys went?

Where's your slip Pete??

think there was about 8 of us ????

and pete dont have no time slip ...

didnt come along ......................................

93 .........................