MRROLA & MSROLA

MRROLA

nice cars guys, i like both of them, yet i can't understand why you chose sony gear?

There is nothing wrong with Sony gear. The older equipment were arguably better built than the newer stuff but there has just been so much hammering of Sony gear from people who haven't even heard it for themselves. For entry-level and low budget equipment, they are amongst the best.

BTW MRROLA, did you end up getting the LCD headrests?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice cars guys, i like both of them, yet i can't understand why you chose sony gear?

There is nothing wrong with Sony gear. The older equipment were arguably better built than the newer stuff but there has just been so much hammering of Sony gear from people who haven't even heard it for themselves. For entry-level and low budget equipment, they are amongst the best.

BTW MRROLA, did you end up getting the LCD headrests?

I agree Brandon, I have a Sony 12' x-Plod sub and Sony 2 channel X-Plod amp in my car and I have absolutley no problems with it what so ever.

I have a mate that has some X-Plod Splits and 6x9's in his car and they too are fine.

So long as your not going for mass SPL or super high dB, this is great value gear....

Back on topic, Sam/Bec, you guys know I love your cars....just a pity I didn't get to see Sam's :(

next time gadget....next time....

Thanks Guys.....

the only sony gear we have are the subs, and im not a huge fan of sony, the reason we have them is Sam had 2x 12'' pioneer subs, that he swapped a mate his 2x 15'' sony subs for.... at that time it was for the look, i will be upgrading to sound stream in the next month :D

But yeaH they arent too bad,nd those of you who know stereos know that its not so much that sub that matters its the Amp that powers it!!! Nd i have a good Amp.

Thanks to Sam, MSROLA is now decked out with a 6inch indash dvd & double din screen, a 10'' roof mount and a playstation runnin to both screens.

Cant wait to show you guys :D

don't get me wrong guys, im not bashing your choice of gear, its your money and your choice.

secondly, i did hear sony gear and i saw those die and perform real bad, one of my best mates is a sound installer and untill i moved to UK for studies i used to help him with instalations on 80% of customers cars, and several customers had sony stuff, they had non stop problems with them (H/Us, speakers, amps and subs), to be absolutely honest i was step away of getting a full sony package, thank **** i got stopped in time :) well anyways thats just my opinion and my experience with sony.

MSROLA, i get how it feels when you get them screens and playstaion in your car, first day i got my stuff in, spent a day driving around with mates playing playstation non stop :P

Edited by .bulldog.

.bulldog. thanks for the feedback mate, i had two pioneer 12" before i updated to this install. The pioneer were much better, the only reason that i went to the sony was for show. "all show and no go".....

On the upside, i didn't pay for any of it because i swapped my pioneer for the sony.

Bec will be getting an updated install at some point in the coming year.

Azza. Nope didn't get around to it yet.... I'll let you know when its done, don't worry about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys.....

the only sony gear we have are the subs, and im not a huge fan of sony, the reason we have them is Sam had 2x 12'' pioneer subs, that he swapped a mate his 2x 15'' sony subs for.... at that time it was for the look, i will be upgrading to sound stream in the next month :D

But yeaH they arent too bad,nd those of you who know stereos know that its not so much that sub that matters its the Amp that powers it!!! Nd i have a good Amp.

Thanks to Sam, MSROLA is now decked out with a 6inch indash dvd & double din screen, a 10'' roof mount and a playstation runnin to both screens.

Cant wait to show you guys :D

Seen the screens on sat meet when dylan & sam were playing video games looks awesome B)

love the sound of the set up u have too !

• 1 month later...

Micky, The scoop is available from ozkits.com about $125.

I had to cut the main support brace to fit it, that's the one that run's straight through the middle. I actually bought another bonnet brand new from toyota, cost about $300. So i have two bonnet's and one car......

MrRola,

Is the scoop functional or just rice?

If it is functional is it waterproof?

BTW Both very nice rides :toast::toast::toast::yahoo:

Cheers,

Gazoom

Yeah you get cold air flow into the engine...

..is it waterproof??? umm ....explain?

its a hole in the bonnet, with mesh, but sits right about the rocket cover...

....soon this will be on MSROLA.. :D

holy sh!t Bec!!!!

You've got Rockets...? :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::whistling: :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all.

Just wanted to share with you our on-going diary of the custom install into MSROLA.

Let me start by saying that all work on this install has and will be constructed, completed and designed by Bec (MSROLA), Sam (MRROLA), Trent (OHH-20V) ........ A big thank you to Trent and Bec.... My ideas are usually quite extravigant, but always work out well.

We had two Brackets made up to hold the amplifiers. Illistrated below.

DSC02159.jpg

DSC02158.jpg

The amps will look like they are floating in front of the sub's...

The Amps are Sound Stream 400watt Picaso's. Due to the current wiring being 8 Gage. I will do an upgrade to 4 gage due to the extent of power required for this install.

This Diary will be no longer than 7 day's. The prosess started late last week. Trent, Bec, Cassie, and I decided what we where going to do, We then got started removing the existing install. We have decided to use some of the existing sub box.

Look forward to posting tomorrow's update.

Sam :cool:

MRROLA

Edited by MR and MSROLA

Thanks heaps for all the feed back. I can't wait to show you all the finished product. :cool:

Day 2:

Tonight i have spent the evening marking out all the MDF panels, and cutting them to size.

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02170.jpg

Warning: The saw dust from MDF is toxic, be sure to wear a dust mask if cutting MDF.

For those of you that have seen the old install that Bec and i have both had in our Rolla's. You will notice that i am using the original back of the box. The layout is similar, with different size sub's.

DSC02160.jpg

The top of the box will hold two 12" Sound stream subs.

The front will house a further two Sound Stream 12" sub's.

YEP! 4 12" subs in total.

I will post pics and further details about the hardware as it is added.

Bec's Job tonight was quite involved.......

DSC02165.jpg

After everything is marked out it was time to cut the MDF.

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

MDF is so messy... Be sure that their is nothing of value around. MDF dust has settled through our hole garage.

DSC02166.jpg

Tommorw i will be carpeting and mounting the sub's.

Hope that you all enjoyed todays update.

Sam :cool:

MRROLA

Nice set up your doing, I've got a floating amp as well, are you going to put some lights behind the amps?

If you have it braced half way up the box you wont see where there hanging from

heres a pic of mine

rolla.jpg