Stage 1 in hope 2 inspire others

xoom

good to see that the Tarago crank fitted in ok to make a nice stroker. Good work!! How did the Lexus grind on the cam work out?? Good power delivery?? Let me know mate!!

:lol:

Bill cant you post up something interesting? this is boring for me now :P

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that you mention it, I heard something about the crank off a Tarago being able to use it to stroke the 2zz....or maybe its another engine.

Well I think the people gave the stroked 2zz the 3zz name..

Doesn't make any sense to me as Toyota did produce a 3zz-fe (1.6L) so a 3zz-ge should be 1.6L with Lift and not a 2.0L 2zzge....

someone did give it the name of a 5ZZ... but i still think thats wrong.

as far as i am aware toyota themselves have never produced a 2 litre 2ZZ equivilant. therefore the naming conventions dont matter at all. its just a stroked 2ZZ.

btw if anyone is wondering, stroked 2ZZ = :D :D :clap::clap::yahoo::yahoo:

Now that you mention it, I heard something about the crank off a Tarago being able to use it to stroke the 2zz....or maybe its another engine.

the crank of a 1ZZ can be used for the 2ZZ

3ZZ-GE was first created by Trial Japan. Some say Trial's updated 3zz-ge is much closer to 2.0 litre, unlike 1.93 litre kit that is dubbed 2.0 litre. Its called 3zz-ge because its combining both 2zz and 1zz engine parts, hence 3zz-ge. Not to be confused with Toyota's own 3ZZ-FE.

Then I guess my first impression was kinda on track.......thats going to be one hell of a ripper....

Former Sydney Roosters fullback Luke Phillips use to own a turbo charged celica (2zzgte), boosted with stock internals and made something along the lines of 160-180kw at the wheels.....

Yeah thats the first ever Turbo Celica 2zz-ge that I know of. That's back in 1999 ~ 2000, when Celica was still new. Was that the Celica that have four Recaro seat in it?

man, the 2zz looks like even more of a piece of crap when it is in pieces :lol: :P

looking all good though Bill, should be a good base to make some reliable horsies under BOOOOOOOST!!!

it seems like you didnt change the cams at all however...is that because you couldnt find any that would be stable for F/I, or they werent worth the gains for the money (perhaps there arent any to be had)?

looks like they took to that crank with an angle grinder as well :lol::lol::lol:

ALSO while i am picking the $hit out of you here...you think an excedy sports clutch will cut it down the track? I think you may be clamouring for a brassy later on man ;)

But i could be wrong (or you could be planning on changing the clutch later)...its all good stuff still :toast:

The only complaints i want to have when this is done Bill will be along the lines of: "it gets 90 degrees torque steer when it hits boost!" and "why won't my rubber play nice with the road?" :clap:

Bill I'm sorry man but im going to have to tell its definently big forced induction!!!

for more info check this out

Click here

Well mate you are close .... but this little surprise arrived the other day so i dont think you were 100% correct :P :P :P :P

16102006.jpg

P2210086.JPG

P2210087.JPG

P2210088.JPG

And to support this baby we decide to implement this

17102006.jpg

18102006.jpg

Bill I'm sorry man but im going to have to tell its definently big forced induction!!!

for more info check this out

Click here

Well mate you are close .... but this little surprise arrived the other day so i dont think you were 100% correct :P :P :P :P

16102006.jpg

P2210086.JPG

P2210087.JPG

P2210088.JPG

And to support this baby we decide to implement this

17102006.jpg

18102006.jpg

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :idea::idea::idea::idea: ....

.....oh *** somebody get me a mop....

Wouldn't you need to be using something other than the stock crank if you were to stroke this motor?

Looks like the stock crank has been cleaned up and polished/balanced etc, but its still the stock crank isnt it?

Love your work Billy, cant wait to see this thing finished.

JC

Wouldn't you need to be using something other than the stock crank if you were to stroke this motor?

Looks like the stock crank has been cleaned up and polished/balanced etc, but its still the stock crank isnt it?

Love your work Billy, cant wait to see this thing finished.

JC

Yeah mate its still the stock crank just totally cleaned up as the stocker is so rough almost like a rough sea .... I decided not to step up to a 2L.

mate your crazy ....

id go out and supercharge a sportivo if i had that kinda cash lying around

nice work man

LOL ... thanks man ... i think :P :P :P

yeah s/c is an option and yes i did explore this but there are limits with a charger setup if u go down the kit path so hence the path i chose ... but really each to their own