ah toyota service

ok lets begin shall we.

in june i took my panda to lander in blacktown as they could fit me in, always lovely and helpful they generously rang me and said "do you want your wheels rotated and balanced" i agreed and then agreed to some other stuff which made my car run very nicely.

1month later.

now ever since i have had the car on the odd occasion i have had to wash the engine bay of coolant, that i though might have sprayed out undcer pressure.

Today i had my car in for the old engine and 6speed oil change as well as a look at the radiator and low and behold the mechanic informed me that i had a radiatior leak. - that wasn't the bad part.

Kind and generous (don't get me wrong they are nice and helpful) people at lander had rotated my tyres - I didn't check as they are mechanics not me. My tyres are rotational. meaning they only are supposed to go on one way and the trusted peeps have swapped them left to right and i have been wondering why no traction in the wet and no traction under hard driving conditions......there lies my answer.

I rang the boss at lander and stated this fact to him. I asked if my tyres were damaged would he replace them retorically as there was no apparent damage.

He then proceeded to tell me that when rotating they only put the front wheels on the back and so the wheels must have been wrongly put on any way. - i don't think so.

Any way on reading the proper manual on the way that toyota suggest to rotate this isn't even the method. they used some crazy dodgy manner to do it.

so at then at the moment.

Radiator is leaking causing me to be driving around with little to no coolant. lucky i am conscientious and check.

Air con is blowing cold air for the longest period of time and then ? interferring with engine temp.

my car no longer feels like it needs a wheel balance. as the wheels are on the right way.

usually no problems with lander as they done a beautiful temp fix on my gear select cables but this time ???

are the stock tyres rotational?

my current tread is like this

// front //

// back //

*edit actually ignore me.

i take mine to nunawading (vic) they are always pretty good, its abit further away than chadstone (which is crap) helluva lot better service, and the service centre is huge, and at a different location to the show room, with drive thru style sign in.

Guys,

The stock Sportivo Tyres (Bridgestone Turanza ER30) are non-directional.

They can be rotated either left to right and front to back. :)

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Toyota dealer service too.

Both of them in Sydney. ( I won't name them other than to say 1 is at Brookvale and 1 is at Waterloo) :angry: They treat people like complete idiots !

Cheers

T.

i take mine to nunawading (vic) they are always pretty good, its abit further away than chadstone (which is crap) helluva lot better service, and the service centre is huge, and at a different location to the show room, with drive thru style sign in.

i have been to nunawading for warranty once. it was alright. if you think nunawading is new and big get over to brighton (elsternwick) they are the biggest in australia.

chadstone is so old. the dealership looks like it was built with portables from an old primary school. it surprises me that you go to nunawading when the other day you would not go to blackburn.

influx sorry to whore your topic. so you are going to a new dealer for warranty on the radiator?

ok, the friendly people from the Brisbane toyota dealer ship i have my car serviced at put the wrong oil filter on my car. they put the standard corolla oil filter on. i discovered this last night while looking at my service invoice. i checked the oil filter and sure enough its the wrong one.

i rang them this morning and asked them what filter is required then told them i have the wrong one and they said bring it in and we will inspect and tell u if its the wrong one. I said no worries, i ll be standing next to u when u check thou.

anyway, i wont mention the dealership unless they dont recitify the problem. <_<

dont worry about it luke.............isnt that fluid leaking everywhere just a "characteristic" im sure they were all made like that :angry::angry: <_< <_<

I have a little bit of coolant stains near the filler cap but no sign of coolant anywhere yet. I always check my garage floor to make sure its clear.

Anyone in Sydney tried Stewart Toyota? The are located in Sutherland and their service centre looks all right. I bouht my Stivo from them and when my car had the rattles when i picked up the car, the mechanic there fixed it for me immediately with cable ties. The sales person was also very nice. Considering driving 1 hour from Shellharbour to Sutherland for my 10,000km service.

Zee

"coolant stain" huuuum....

I think i had that shown since the first day i got my car. Washed off straight away 2 days after but it's back on, even a little bit of residual on the oil filter.

But there isn't any leaking shown and i never top up the coolant.

Is there anybobody having these residual shown too?

yeah i thought it was just extra over flow from the radiator but it turned out there was a lot of calc under the lip of the radiator cover. thing was bone dry and stuffing with the A/C new radiator working well

I have a little bit of coolant stains near the filler cap but no sign of coolant anywhere yet. I always check my garage floor to make sure its clear.

Anyone in Sydney tried Stewart Toyota? The are located in Sutherland and their service centre looks all right. I bouht my Stivo from them and when my car had the rattles when i picked up the car, the mechanic there fixed it for me immediately with cable ties. The sales person was also very nice. Considering driving 1 hour from Shellharbour to Sutherland for my 10,000km service.

Zee

I'm glad to have heard that. I live nearby but i bought my toyota elsewhere because my relative works elsewhere :P. I think i may take my car their for future services.

Zee

Hey guys, new to the club...

My Sportivo is now just over 12 months old and I had a similar thing with my coolant at the 10000 service, was just a split seal on the cap which was promptly replaced.

Recently moved to the Gong from Adelaide and got the 12 mth (20K) service done at Wollongong Toyota, and they seemed OK, the new showroom and service area are good, but the service standard was not quite up to what I was used to back in Adelaide (Cornes Toyota, if you are ever in the are, say hi for me, they know me well!!! Best Toyota dealer in SA). So Zee maybe you could try there if you don't want the 1 hour drive!!!!

the 'gong' as in Wollongong, 80kms south of Sydney straight down the coast, a good 1400kms from Adelaide, quite a move I know but moved over for a PhD after getting sick of being stuck in a job where I wasn't gonna move any higher!!!

Speaking of 'characteristics'

I was just wondering. With my brake pedal, when you are the lights is the brake pedal supposed to very slowly move down. Ie. when I press firmly on the pedal it slowly sinks down. Is this telling me that there is a leak or air bubble in the brake lines?

I put my stivo in for a 20K service and mentioned it, the guy said that it was a characteristic!! I smiled and went hmm.

Slowly losing my faith in toyota servicing.

Never had that one happen Plodder, hope they fix if for you or you'll be pumpin' the breaks soon!!!

Welcome man, i live in Shellharbour and Nickich lives in Wollongong. I think i saw your car the other day. Don't remeber specifics but will be watching out for you and i don't think i will be driving to Adelaide for a service :lol:

Zee