My Little 1zz is growing up!!

YDOIT4

Hey pplz i thought i would share what i spoke to my fellow silver members about a few weeks ago before i started installation of my mods for the 1zz Levin

Hey fellow silverz,

I thought id tell you all whats happening with my car as i am so excited i cant keep it in anymore

I dropped my car off yesterday after receiving my last major package from japan yesterday morning and it is now having all of the parts installed

So far in the car is

Injen CAI for an american corolla S

TRD short shifter

Cusco front tower brace

hurricane headers

high flow cat + little metal flex

sportivo cat back exhaust(from blue stivo's car)

weapon r billet throttle rotor

prr sports clutch

now for the things that are going into the car for the next few days

HANDLING:-

- Cusco Zero-2 Coilovers

- TRD tower bar Rear

- C-one rear stabilizer bar

- TRD sports thermostat

POWER:-

- Unorthodox racing lightweight standard diamater Alternator pulley

- Motowerkz lightweight standard diamater Crank pulley

- Fidanza flywheel

- Denso Iridium spark plugs

- Apexi power fc + FC commander

i forgot to buy a grounding kit im sure it wont make a huge difference but it will add some sort of gain so i will have to order that today

But yea its a nice list of christmas presents ehehe ill probably have the car back on friday or something so it when i do i will take some nice piccies of the car and all the parts installed otay

:spiteful::yahoo: go team 1zz hehe :lol:

Now since then i have the car back with everything installed except the

- Fidanza flywheel - wouldnt fit to big??

- U.R. Lightweight standard diamater Alternator pulley - couldnt fit still have to speak to UR about this

- grounding kit - still havent bought it

- racing cooling panel - package was lost in the mail

Except for those everything else is installed, thought i might inform the other fellow TOCA members that arent YET silver members about my lil 1zz project hehe

Ohh ive been to lazy to post the power gains but its

from 87kw At the wheels

to 98kw At the wheels

and as torque is never right as we all know so i will just say

85Nm gain of torque

So a big increase in torque you can REALLY feel it

Ill take photos this weekend of the car at the meet in Terrigal and i will post the dyno on monday

:spiteful: now i guess its time to hit the strip :toast: :P

Nice work my man go the 1ZZ's

But I wouldnt hav bothered with the rear strut as only the all wheel drive jap versions can bear the benefits (as these have McPherson struts at the rear which the front wheel drives don't)... (quote from whiteline email):

Hi Jared,

Thank you for your email.

We used strut braces as a means of increasing chassis rigidity on vehicles with a McPherson strut suspension layout, where the strut is a load bearing member and its upper chassis mount not only resists and supports vertical loads but also lateral and longitudinal loads. The vehicle you are inquiring about does not have a McPherson strut in the rear, therefore we is it not suitable for us to develop a strut brace for.

I hope that this explains your question.

Ok now i dont know if you have a rear strut brace but if you ask anyone who races their car on the track or likes twisties they will tell you that the car handles alot better with a rear strut brace.

I dont think that TRD would make a rear strut for FF cars if they didnt think they made any difference. :blink: i have seen rear strut braces on alot of FF cars on the track and street so i dunno whiteline are on crack or they just dont think their is a big market in FF rear strut braces and gave you that excuse to sound smart ;)

Who knows :unsure:

Ok now i dont know if you have a rear strut brace but if you ask anyone who races their car on the track or likes twisties they will tell you that the car handles alot better with a rear strut brace.

I dont think that TRD would make a rear strut for FF cars if they didnt think they made any difference. :blink: i have seen rear strut braces on alot of FF cars on the track and street so i dunno whiteline are on crack or they just dont think their is a big market in FF rear strut braces and gave you that excuse to sound smart ;)

Who knows :unsure:

The cars that have rear strut braces offered have independant rear end setups where the suspension is supported by the actual strut, ie the rear hub bolts to the actual strut, not to a torsion beam. Whiteline are exactly right with their info above.

However in saying that, having the rear strut bar can assist with rigidity as by installing it, you are therfore creating a solid square/rectangle shape as opposed to a not so supported 'U' shape.

At the end of the day though, most modifications, although as minor as some are, will all assist n some small way.

A rear strut bar may not be too effective if you are still running standard spring/shock setup, however if you are doing a decent spring/shock setup or coilover mod, then the rear will always help in a minor way...

Nice work David.....Dont worry Auto 1zz i will be representing you guys very soon kekeke, im wont be as crazy as YDOIT4 though.....keke

Autos represent! :toast:

Hey pplz i thought i would share what i spoke to my fellow silver members about a few weeks ago before i started installation of my mods for the 1zz Levin

Hey fellow silverz,

I thought id tell you all whats happening with my car as i am so excited i cant keep it in anymore

I dropped my car off yesterday after receiving my last major package from japan yesterday morning and it is now having all of the parts installed

So far in the car is

Injen CAI for an american corolla S

TRD short shifter

Cusco front tower brace

hurricane headers

high flow cat + little metal flex

sportivo cat back exhaust(from blue stivo's car)

weapon r billet throttle rotor

prr sports clutch

now for the things that are going into the car for the next few days

HANDLING:-

- Cusco Zero-2 Coilovers

- TRD tower bar Rear

- C-one rear stabilizer bar

- TRD sports thermostat

POWER:-

- Unorthodox racing lightweight standard diamater Alternator pulley

- Motowerkz lightweight standard diamater Crank pulley

- Fidanza flywheel

- Denso Iridium spark plugs

- Apexi power fc + FC commander

i forgot to buy a grounding kit im sure it wont make a huge difference but it will add some sort of gain so i will have to order that today

But yea its a nice list of christmas presents ehehe ill probably have the car back on friday or something so it when i do i will take some nice piccies of the car and all the parts installed otay

:spiteful::yahoo: go team 1zz hehe :lol:

Now since then i have the car back with everything installed except the

- Fidanza flywheel - wouldnt fit to big??

- U.R. Lightweight standard diamater Alternator pulley - couldnt fit still have to speak to UR about this

- grounding kit - still havent bought it

- racing cooling panel - package was lost in the mail

Except for those everything else is installed, thought i might inform the other fellow TOCA members that arent YET silver members about my lil 1zz project hehe

from 87kw At the wheels

to 98kw At the wheels

85Nm gain of torque

Ill take photos this weekend of the car at the meet in Terrigal and i will post the dyno on monday

:spiteful: now i guess its time to hit the strip :toast: :P

what would this all mean in kw gain??..(just asking no pun intended)

a bit of reading shows

from 87kw At the wheels

to 98kw At the wheels

85Nm gain of torque

Also is there a need to re-quote the whole post ?

a bit of reading shows

from 87kw At the wheels

to 98kw At the wheels

85Nm gain of torque

Also is there a need to re-quote the whole post ?

WOW...i gotta take a look at mine,Not as extreme as YDOIT4's but with the mods ive put in have been noticeable esp in torque,been killing the NA mitsi lancer motorkhana groups lately..so ive better get on it

Well the Negatron intake is at home now in the garage when i could be bothered ill post it up in buy and sell as well as a few other things but i couldnt be bothered right now i want to get the parts that didnt fit organised

Here are some pics ppl in my ride section

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=8669

all from the killcare meet yesterday

Well the Negatron intake is at home now in the garage when i could be bothered ill post it up in buy and sell as well as a few other things but i couldnt be bothered right now i want to get the parts that didnt fit organised

what does this negatron intake look like ??? is it sri ro cai ?

what does this negatron intake look like ??? is it sri ro cai ?

its a custom CAI

it's a little from column A and a little from column B...

He still has the Blue_stivo / Negatron exhaust with chrome dump pipe though :D