Backfiring

NIKICH

I noticed when i had my stock exhaust that my car would back fire when slowing but now that i have another exhaust (louder than stock) i notice it more often. Does the car need a tune?? I get the oil changed every 5,000kms and every 10,000 i have a tune done

It's actually not a bad thing - I've been told it's a sign that everything is running efficiently and you have plenty of oxygen passing through to the exhaust after combustion.

Mine always rumbles and pops when slowing - It's nice :D. I've also noticed the car is more prone to do it when running on BP ultimate which tells me it's burning cleaner than other fuels.

It's actually not a bad thing - I've been told it's a sign that everything is running efficiently and you have plenty of oxygen passing through to the exhaust after combustion.

Mine always rumbles and pops when slowing - It's nice :D. I've also noticed the car is more prone to do it when running on BP ultimate which tells me it's burning cleaner than other fuels.

mine does the same thing and i have also noticed it does it alot more when running on Ultimate :)

Its anonymous,ive got a lil more that pops,somtimes it crackles but its all healthy,U do get it more using Ultimate 98 (good point lads i didnt even notice that)..with a good complete exhaust system & matching intake ive been told its inevitable.....oh well :clap::clap:

My sportivo has never backfired. Don't know what you are talking about ?.

We used to make our old Holdens backfire. Find a large hill and give it some going down at about halfway turn the ignition off and back on.

A huge explosion :yahoo: and if you are unlucky your exhaust falls off. :clap:

Rumbles and pops - just that....

Backfire - backfire: loud noise and bang.... maybe some flamage if you are lucky...

I got a few rumbles and pops, but no backfire......notice them more with the CES but maybe cause it's a little louder, but certainly noticed it with the stocko exhaust...

Yea mine is popping like crazy as my flex on my exhaust has burnt a MASSIVE hole in it and its basically headers and out i have to get it fixed its soooo loud its insane but yea i noticed it pops more now that i have the apexi installed and tuned perfectly now it pops whenever deccelerating and revving

I love it :clap:

I don't think most of the people posting in this thread know what a backfire is... the exhaust popping is nothing like backfiring.

True :rolleyes: my bad, I'm reffering to crackle and pop, not back-fire which is actually unburnt fuel flowing through the engine and then igniting when it hits the hot exhaust and giving out a sound that's the equivalent of a shotgun.

So Nickich are you getting just crackle and pop or actual backfiring? because the later is bad.

My sportivo has never backfired. Don't know what you are talking about ?.

We used to make our old Holdens backfire. Find a large hill and give it some going down at about halfway turn the ignition off and back on.

A huge explosion :yahoo: and if you are unlucky your exhaust falls off. :clap:

This is how I do instant flames on my old Wagon, Floor it, turn the ignition on and off very quickly and .... :ph34r:

Its a series of pops. But the pops are pretty intense, to the point were you can feel them vibrate the seat

Is anyone experiencing this? :ph34r:

when u have no muffler running out the back, u feel a thud more than a pop. feels like a pebble hit the pipe.

i'm sure some of u out there know wat i'm talking about!

when u have no muffler running out the back, u feel a thud more than a pop. feels like a pebble hit the pipe.

I have absolutley no idea what you are on about my jet-setting friend....

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

In my case sometimes certain pops (Particularly between slow shifts in stop start traffic) can be felt quite strongly. But if you feel it's a concern, just for your peace of mind have it checked at the next service.

But before you do, switch fuel for a week or two and see if this makes a difference for you.

Guest JDM y0 !

my car makes that rumble and popping noise when you use a bit of compression to slow the car down ie 3rd to second. i love that noise ! yah i run 98 octane too.

never had it do the backfiring before tho. lol backfiring sounds cool like a rally car. :)

I have absolutley no idea what you are on about my jet-setting friend....

:whistling::whistling::whistling:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

oh yes u do! :lol: