Annual Meet Proposal

its like a 14hr slog (with breaks, and you gotta take them)

9hrs from brisbane to syd with a stop half way for fuel....

THats a little slow i have done it in 8hrs stopped for a feed and fuel in newcastle!

Northy you may need to have you ride looked at mate its a little slow lol :P

oh yeah but count me in the may day weekend or the queens birthday sydney here we come.

HI ALL!!!

i need to know now who is for sure interested in coming down to sydney on the queens birthday long weekend.

i have been ringing places to try and book a venue when i spoke the eastern creek raceway they told me they are having a big event there on that weekend. its the v8 supercars.

well seeing as this event is big to many australians near and wide i need to know who is coming so that we can make a solid booking into the f1 before people start buying their tickets to the supercars event.

there is only 102 rooms each room consisting of 1 QUEEN AND 1 SINGLE BED. the room is $74 per night so $148 for the 2 nights you will be here. remembering thought thats this will be divided with who you decide to share with. as of today there are only 90 rooms left. for the 9th and 10th of june.

if you are coming i need you to ring (02) 9769 1240 and make a solid booking. or at least leave a deposit so they can hold your room.

I am keen, but we need to avoid the V8's because it will be busy, and accom will be short...

Whoever said they drive Sydney to Brisbane or vice versa in 8/9 hours is either full of crap or an idiot. Brisbane guys, if you want to arrive alive and in one peice, this will be a longer drive than that. Allowing atleast 10 - 12 hours.

If we aim to leave Brisbane with a nice early start say 4 - 4:30 am, we could be in Lismore at a decent hour for breakfast, Port Macquarie for Lunch, then hit Sydney late arvo.... If you wish to drive like a tool and do it in 9 hours or less, then be my guest, just take any reference to TOCAU off your car and make sure you are not causeing traffic delays when you write your car off....

accomodation isn't short at the moment for those dates. there is still 90 rooms available.

but they should be pre- booked to hold them.

if u share ur room with 3 ppl then its just $49.33 each for the 2 nights. if u share a room with 2 ppl then $74 for the 2 nights. bargain!! :D

just depends on who would be willing to share a queen size bed with another man :P

just depends on who would be willing to share a queen size bed with another man :P

Might be an issue for the insecure closet homo's.....

I am for sure coming down for the cruise.

What is the exact day for Queen's Birthday.

What day are we expecting to arrive and spend the first night, and what day are we expecting to book out?

Should we book individually, or are we gonna book a whole level for ourselves so we are all in the same row of rooms. Or does that come after we've made our deposit that we can arrange that with the hotel.

When we ring: Tell them to note you are part of the Toyota Owners Club. So that when we finalise it, we can tell them to put all TOCAU rooms together.

Anyway, running list:

1. Anduin

plus it will take a few of the Sydney members to put their hands up and help out with some serious organisational issues like accomodation, itinerary etc etc.

I can help with some aspects of this

Just a thought - you guys might like to drive from brisbane to sydney in 8-9 hours or whatnot...but we've also gotta think about the group as a whole..im sure there are people who will want to speed etc, but im sure the majority of the group wont want to, and probably also value their licences.... :)

Have you tried to get a "group buy" with the accommodation? wouldnt we be able to get the accom cheaper if we had alot of people staying?? i know alot of other motels will sometimes do this..buttt, they are generally alot smaller then the F1...

Also, will there be partying at night time? F1 at liverpool was it?? cause im not sure if it'll be worth it me staying at the motel, when i live about 10-15 minutes from liverpool...lol

Sydneysiders would be stoopid to stay at the motel when they have free accom at their own houses....

Looks like if I am able to come down, I will be able to billit myself at my brothers unit anyways for the cost of a carton of grog....he's at Cromer, and I don't mind the drive...

yes it would be....

but seeing as alot of us on the forum are over 18, will there be any sort of partying? or clubbing or anything? im sure alot of people will not wanna just go back to their hotel early and go to sleep...lol

Firstly let's keep this as the TOCAU national meet and not a free for all invite to other forums and clubs.

If you want to party then go ahead but remember most of us are driving from interstate and will need to get some sort of rest to enjoy the hectic pace of sight seeing and also mountain drives and just generally meeting everyone and looking at each other's cars. If we all go to dinner somewhere then we can all hang out and talk up each others car but I won't for one be out till early hours as I want to make the most of the 2 days or so I'll be in Sydney and do everything that is on offer event wise.

i agree......i think it should be a tocau thing. no offence to any other club but it will be hard enough for us to find an appropriate venue as it is with just our members. if the numbers get to crazy it will for sure be harder to follow on cruises and it will for sure draw too much attention on us which i don't want.

me and phill and bill will do our best to plan some nice scenic drives and organize a few nice places where we can get some nice pics with our great sydney views..........but having 4 kids to go home to i don't think i'll be up to partying much either.

oh and to the ppl near f1 livo.......i was thinking to book the guys in the f1 wentworthville as its right on the m4 entrance at cumberland which be easy no matter which way we drive.

but like i mentioned in the other post if you'll do wanna come down then it's best to make some reservations..... and to express ur possible interest so that we know approximate numbers and can find the best venue to suit.