My Stivo is gone

Well, the time has finally come. A lot sooner than I thought though, but I've sold my white horse. :( :(

My wife is expecting our first child so it looks like it's time for my Stivo to make way for something a little larger. I haven't actually decided what to get but since I've got a buyer for my car I decided to sell first and then look for a replacement.

Never really thought that this day would come. Really thought that I'd keep my Stivo forever cos I love it so much. Anyway, I'll be stripping out most of my mods as my friend doesn't really want to pay for them. So check the Buy/Sell section for more info.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=9883

The list of cars that I'm looking at include

Subaru WRX

Subaru Liberty GT

Saab 9-3 Aero

Honda Accord Euro

As you can see, my Stivo has spoiled me and I feel like I can't do anything slower or less 'fun'.

Man, I'm missing my car already.

Anyway, this Monday I'm bringing my car back to NT Performance to dyno it before I sell it cos I've got the CES exhaust system on it and I want to know what numbers I gain. One last run before it leaves my hands.

Will post up the details after.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the time has finally come. A lot sooner than I thought though, but I've sold my white horse. :( :(

My wife is expecting our first child so it looks like it's time for my Stivo to make way for something a little larger. I haven't actually decided what to get but since I've got a buyer for my car I decided to sell first and then look for a replacement.

Never really thought that this day would come. Really thought that I'd keep my Stivo forever cos I love it so much. Anyway, I'll be stripping out most of my mods as my friend doesn't really want to pay for them. So check the Buy/Sell section for more info.

The list of cars that I'm looking at include

Subaru WRX

Subaru Liberty GT

Saab 9-3 Aero

Honda Accord Euro

As you can see, my Stivo has spoiled me and I feel like I can't do anything slower or less 'fun'.

Man, I'm missing my car already.

Anyway, this Monday I'm bringing my car back to NT Performance to dyno it before I sell it cos I've got the CES exhaust system on it and I want to know what numbers I gain. One last run before it leaves my hands.

Will post up the details after.

go Honda Euro... very very very sexy... it's big so its family friendly too

Liberty is very nice too... (which liberty r u talking bout btw?)

the Saab is nice too... but think about running costs and spare parts

WRX... u don't want to keep getting pulled over weneva u go to pick your kid up from daycare

with me personally I'd go for the Euro

Will be a sad day when she drives off and you know it's no longer yours. Mate go with the Euro. Then you can get Peekay to get you all the goodies for it at a discounted price LOL.

I'm dreading the day the Silvabullit will go on the market. :( Hopefully it'll go to someone who lives a very long way away from me so I don't see it in a state of disrepair.

Good luck with buying a new car mate and congrats on the bub :toast:

sorry 2 hear ur letting go of your stivo.

bought my 03 conquest b4 i got my wife... and i now have a son who turns 1 in april..

only problem was getting a stroller suitable to fit in the hatch with my sub in place! and thats not even a problem now, so yea... all is well with the baby seat and stroller and all that.. even when the hatch has a trolley full of groceries, its a snug fit but it DOES all fit!

i wouldnt have been so quick to sell it if i were you, since im doing pretty well in my rolla. from the experience since ive had since ive got my kid, ive never once wished i had a bigger/better car. even if i had a 2nd kid, thats not gonna be enough to force me into buying a bigger car coz the rolla does everything i need it to do (besides going offroad.. gave that luxury up 2 buy the rolla).

i dont think wrxs are much bigger?? the subarus ive been (both were sedans though) in had less leg room in the back than my rolla.

guess its good to get a car with more space, but its not impossable to have a wife, a kid and a rolla. and yea, IMHO the money spent on a different car would be better spent elsewhere (kid clothes, baby car seat, stroller, bouncer, high chair, babys bedroom, babys formula/food, childcare, private health insurance, medicine, babys saving account, start saving 2pay for his school fees, car rego, home/car insurance etc.)

basically, if i had more than 2 kids then id trade in. otherwise, i wouldnt trade.

Edited by JJCRU23R

Congrats on the kid mate. :D Will be sad day when she does go, my personal opinion would be the Euro, lots of space in that.

Yeah, it's going to be really hard the day I hand over my keys. And the problem with selling it to your friend is that I'll keep seeing the car and know that it's not mine anymore.

I know that I could probably squeese everything in the Rolla but it'll be tight. And while I know someone who is keen on my car, I didn't want to wait till it's too old and not worth anything at all.

At this point, I'm keen on either the Lib GT or the Euro, though the prices will differ a little.

Thanks for all your well wishes!

i bought the stivo cause of my kid, and u selling the stivo cause of your kid :lol: , but i reckon u r doing the right thing, u probably need a bit more torque, so u can drive quietly without revving real hard to over take and also have air con on for it,not to mention the extra space

i wouldnt have been so quick to sell it if i were you, since im doing pretty well in my rolla. from the experience since ive had since ive got my kid, ive never once wished i had a bigger/better car. even if i had a 2nd kid, thats not gonna be enough to force me into buying a bigger car coz the rolla does everything i need it to do (besides going offroad.. gave that luxury up 2 buy the rolla).

i dont think wrxs are much bigger?? the subarus ive been (both were sedans though) in had less leg room in the back than my rolla.

guess its good to get a car with more space, but its not impossable to have a wife, a kid and a rolla. and yea, IMHO the money spent on a different car would be better spent elsewhere (kid clothes, baby car seat, stroller, bouncer, high chair, babys bedroom, babys formula/food, childcare, private health insurance, medicine, babys saving account, start saving 2pay for his school fees, car rego, home/car insurance etc.)

basically, if i had more than 2 kids then id trade in. otherwise, i wouldnt trade.

E-Gene, I don't know you, but congrats on the bub :)

A blokes gotta do what a blokes gotta do, but I think JJ's post has some very good points in it (unless the $$$ side isn't really a problem- maybe keep the Sportivo for you & get a second car for the missus?)

i am sad to see this go but times change and you need another car for the family congratulations. i will miss the times we (and the old team) would meet at your shop and then go into lygon for dinner. also the times we cruised to destination x.

i still remember the time i met you at the newsagent to get something done to your car. looking forward to seeing what your next car is. for me although i have moved away for over a year i still have my car. it may be time for me to sell too given that it 2003 and i have 1 year warranty remaining.

it is bitter sweet to think about selling the car after all the work that has gone into it and how familiar you become to it. but sweet to think about the new possibilities. we should catch up next time i am back in town.

Congrats E-Gene!! :clap:

I hope to still see u at the meets, with your Japanese Pride :)

I'm a honda fan...but if you're going the GT...sorry but have to go the Liberty ;) ...its the way to go for the ultimate balance in performance and comfort!! :D

If it ain't GT...den its gotta be the Euro Limited Edition, in red TOO!! :lol: :D

Either way...all the Best E!

I also bought the corolla sportivo due to the bub and the added safety of having a late model car. The only problems with space that I have with it is not being able to fit a jogger pram in it and we have gotten by with a stroller.

I'm planning on keeping the corolla as a track/hobby car...

Congrats on the new bub !

Edited by Bit Racer

I'm actually going for a jogger pram as well and I know that it doesn't fit in the boot so that's one of the reasons for selling. Hehe, plus it's a good reason to upgrade.

Yes Kcorro, I miss the good times that we had in the hay day. :D . How we would all meet up and chat and I'll call you for parts and we'll go some dodgy place to get it installed (just kidding :P ).

I'm slowly starting to take the parts off and it's looking so different already. :(

I'll definitely introduce my friend to this forum and get him hooked as well. :D

congrat E-Gene!

my bro owns a EURO.. its not that much BIGGER than a rolla

EURO's door is sooo heavy... my mom's leg got sandwiched by the door a few times :huh:

so its not a good choice.. since ur wife gonna have a baby...

LIBERTY STi WAGON should fit ya.. :D

my bro was going to buy a liberty.. but there was no black in stock.. so he bought the euro....

good luck in your selling, buying.... and your baby :)

Edited by XploShun

Hey E-Gene, Congrats on being a dad :toast: When is she due to drop? :whistling: I think Jules is a nice name for a boy :clap:

It's going to be sad to go to the next photoshoot and not see the White Horse :(

My vote is the Liberty GT - Might as well go "classy Japanese" styles. Gan San would do it !!

WRX is too small to fit a kid i reckon...unless u got the "hatchback".

Have you considered the Forester XT?

I'll be joining you in the Subaru/ new car ranks soon. :o

egene man, go the lib GT. at least i can mail u parts like wilwood brake kits and STi intercoolers, since most of the real accords over here are euroRs :P

oh well, think i'll go back into my corner now, since i don't even belong in the JDM club no more :unsure:

with all this talk bout babies...

i rex toyota should start selling strollers that are designed to fit the bootspace of our existing cars!

would probebly influence a lot more people to consider buying or keepin their toyota instead of trading up.

that would be fkn brilliant

A guy who is applying for this position that I've had advertised is a Honda Salesman. Got to talking to him etc and I did my usual smart ar5e thing saying, 'so you hook me up with an S2000, and you get the job :P'.

He then went on to say that he thinks the legend is bloody fantastic. Now I understand it's going to be more exxy, but he said the ride quality and handling of the thing is insane. "You know that feeling you get when you're like, 'Oh sh!t...i'm going off this cliff' and all of a sudden the car does it's job and somehow sticks like glue to the road and pushes you through the corner? Aweeesommmeeee' :lol:

Congrats on the bub dude.

Safety wise, you cant beat having power to all 4 wheels, so for this reason i would be getting the liberty gt and maybe a T04 and intercooler, you want to get your wife to the hospital quick time!! :D