CAI Fitted

does anyones CAI sound like it gets quieter the longer its been on? .. maybe im just getting used to it...

i put mine on about 2 weeks ago and now it seems like i can barely hear it at times...sounded really loud the first few days... *shrug*

does anyones CAI sound like it gets quieter the longer its been on? .. maybe im just getting used to it...

i put mine on about 2 weeks ago and now it seems like i can barely hear it at times...sounded really loud the first few days... *shrug*

yep! its gone softer. but still same performance

i have SRi

any one know if the CAi is louder just curious

i dont reckon it got softer ... i think u got use to it coz mine seemed like it got softer untill i drive at night then i can really hear it

Yes, it goes softer after a couple of weeks and even softer after a couple of months. But when in lift, it still sounds loud. :o

i dont have lift..1zz :(

is there a reason why it goes softer?

Yes, it goes softer after a couple of weeks and even softer after a couple of months. But when in lift, it still sounds loud. :o

i dont have lift..1zz :(

is there a reason why it goes softer?

Hahaha I noitced this too. I'm also a 1ZZer, but I think you just get used to it. You know when there's a smell in the room and after a few mins of smelling it you just get used to it and forget about it? I think it's the same thing. When I took my intake snorkel off the noise was so obvious to me for about a week, then I just got used to it. Same deal with the CAI to a lesser extent - you can still hear it but only if you're deliberately listening. Notice when somebody else gets in your car and you take it to 6000RPM they go "Woah, WTF!", and you're just like "Damn right B) "

I dunno maybe it actually does get softer... But I doubt it.

2ZZ drivers will never get used to it 'cos it sounds like a trumpet above 7000RPM :lol:

P.S. Dude make a Members Ride, your car looks tidy-as in your avatar

Edited by Tayles

well i just came back from taking it for a quick thrash cause i just lowered my car 2nite and thought i beter take it for a spin to make sure its not going to fall apart on me... and yeah it sounds nice n loud again... maybe it is the weather since its cold outside atm..

the reason there is a difference in the sound an intake makes in relation to the air temp is simple...

when the air is cooler the engine will take in more air at a time, a greater volume, it makes more noise passing through the pod...when it is hotter there is not such a great quantity of air being ingested by the pod, hence less noise. :)

mmm startup on winter morning on idle...sounds like a vacuum cleaner :P

the reason there is a difference in the sound an intake makes in relation to the air temp is simple...

when the air is cooler the engine will take in more air at a time, a greater volume, it makes more noise passing through the pod...when it is hotter there is not such a great quantity of air being ingested by the pod, hence less noise. :)

mmm startup on winter morning on idle...sounds like a vacuum cleaner :P

i notice not just people with pod but also people with stock air box

Damn I love that crisp feeling driving when It's cold. We had a cool snap tonight in Canberra while I was at work and it was so much fun to drive home. So much intake noise and so much more power... Summer is evil.

I'm hunting stock S'tivos this winter :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I Also fitted my CAI to my 2ZZ!!

At first it was freaken LOUD!! In LIFT! It was like a Vicious Dog Bark!!

Its got a bit softer nw tho!!! but definately still far louder than stock air box!!

I feel as the CONE FILTER COLLECTS DUST/DIRT its gets softer!! ( Thats what I experienced on my CAIon my old car)

However I feel the the original air box and filter gaves me better performance!!!

Also with the CAI, U got to warm the car up before u can drive!! (Very irritating considering the fact that Im on the road the whole day) Also the car battles at 1000 - 2000RPM and has a FLAT SPOT AT BOUT 4500-6000RPM ( Around there )!!!

Guest JDM y0 !

MINTOS !!! I LOVE YOUR AVITAR MAN !!! HAHAH COOLZ !!!!

on an unrelated topic what does SRI mean ?? its oviously some kind of intake ??

MINTOS !!! I LOVE YOUR AVITAR MAN !!! HAHAH COOLZ !!!!

on an unrelated topic what does SRI mean ?? its oviously some kind of intake ??

Short Ram Intake.......much shorter then a Cold Air intake as the name implys.......takes in engine bay air nice and toasty :P

My stock setup performed better then the SRI. I have already ordered a CES CAI, waiting for payment details. Hopefully I'll get it by the beginning of next week..........which is not good with double demerits weekend coming up next week :angry:

Guest JDM y0 !

ah short ram intake... would that be like if i had carbs and had no airbox just sock filterz y0...or stocking filter when im poor ?? lolz

SRI yes taking in engine bay air

BUT

i have afeed from the grill and i notice a huge difference when i have the feed apose to not having the air feed, i think the only difference between SRi and CAi is that SRi has more punch then the CAI

but the CAI has better top end power :ph34r:

correct me if im wrong but i have bever dynoed my car so who knows

i wanna buy a CAI and test out the diff. when i can be bothered and have money but winter is coming so i dont think there is much difference between the 2

jonno

Edited by oncy

each to their own whether your using a SRI setup or CAI setup....SRI has superior throttle response, but for everyday driving most people will be happy with the CAI cause they can then have more power....Also with a SRI I don't think mine was designed properly, the length and ID of the intake pipe makes a difference to power production if most people don't know.

Our UK brothers/sisters on TOC swear by the K&N Typhoon SRI kit....

But this topic of SRI Vs CAI is boring.....