[VIC] Sunday 7th March - Cruise & Dinner

Okay, seeings no one has really kicked anything off just yet here is some "blank space" to start planning our next meet-up! Since I couldn't make the last cruise I am keen to catch up with you all again, so has anyone got any suggestions?

Thinking we could make this maybe the 7th of March?

** Update 05/03/10

So it's been decided that we will be having a cruise on Sunday the 7th March :D We will kick off from Hurstbridge again and use part of the cruise route from last October, heading up to Kinglake, then Healesville, then to Marysville and stopping for lunch there, then down to Warburton and back into the city through Lilydale. We will then be winding up somewhere in the city for dinner.

Please meet up at 10:30am for an 11am SHARP departure from our meeting point at the McDonald's restaurant in Diamond Creek (just before the railway line) (Location details in the route map available for download below)

You can download the cruise route here: http://www.gcompservice.com/tocau/TOCAU%20...Cruise%20V3.doc

Attendance list so far:

1. Tofuboi - Cruise (No Dinner)

2. Tash - Cruise & Dinner

3. 1stKill - Cruise & Dinner

4. Guni - Cruise & Dinner ** Maybe not now **

5. SportivoPSI - Cruise (No Dinner)

6. jaderd - Cruise (No Dinner)

7. 78_7kRolla - Cruise & Dinner

8. Blind Kid Seeks - Cruise & Dinner

9. dwee. - Cruise (No Dinner)

Edited by Tash

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7th march weekend is good for me too.

the following weekend i am away.

Will have new brakes in and maybe even struts and springs by then.

:)

I don;t care what you say we are putting them in with the brakes on Sunday!!

I'd love to see a whole heap of people come along in all different makes and models! round everyone possible up i say!

7th March sounds good....should have my new shoes sorted by then. ;)

We could always go bush/country for this one,say up towards Bendigo way,anything worth doing up there/good photo ops...looks towards Tash? Also we could stretch our legs a bit more in this part of the state,just a thought.

We could do the same route we did for last year end. I reckon that's a good run.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I wouldn't mind doing that this time around because I get the Monday off (Labour Day public holiday) to recover :) Cos that cruise is a good 7hrs+ worth of driving for me when you include the trip down from Bendigo and back home again.

7th March sounds good....should have my new shoes sorted by then. ;)

We could always go bush/country for this one,say up towards Bendigo way,anything worth doing up there/good photo ops...looks towards Tash? Also we could stretch our legs a bit more in this part of the state,just a thought.

Excellent, well we will lock in the date then :D Looking forward to seeing those new shoes too!

That's a pretty good idea Lee, I'd have to get my thinking cap on for some roads; there is some very pretty countryside but not many good twists and turns. My knowledge of NE Vic is better than around Bendigo as that's where I grew up, but that's too far to travel. How about the cruise route that was abandoned for last year's meet? I.E. to Marysville?? Could do what we did for the October meet last year and start off down near Hurstbridge and go through King Lake up to Marysville.

I'd love to see a whole heap of people come along in all different makes and models! round everyone possible up i say!

Me too - would be great to see all the 'regulars' again as well as those who have been unable to make the first few. If everyone could spread the word that'd be awesome :D

Edited by Tash

*jacks up the suspension and gets the rally tyres going*

Right, whos up for that Rally Stage again? Come on Guni I know you want to. :P

Okay, on a real note. Going up to Marysville might be a good idea as the roads leading that direction were quite good. (Even if I did almost fall off the side of the bloody cliff, dodgy freakin' narrow roads.)

Tash and I already discussed that we're not allowed to go on my windy road near my house in Sunbury as that's where I busted two rims and Tash doesnt want to try it. :P But a drive up this direction wouldn't go astray. If only we had a good place to go...

Oh well count me on for that weekend anyway! Oh I know! EPIC WEEKEND LONG CRUISE! :P

...no. :P

hmmm, ill try make this one. I work sunday arvos so if you guys are in the CBD or metro areas during lunch or at night for photo opps, 100% ill be there. but for the cruze, i dont think i can make it. I dont have any sickleave anymore :( . I should have my exhaust done by then though...if i dont run over another mother_____________ing screw again :angry: :angry:

Edited by private number

Great to see you got the ball roling Tash. 7th of March is as good as any date for me ;)

**EDIT**

P.S. Tash i love the new wheels!

Heheh thanks on both counts Matt :D

hmmm, ill try make this one. I work sunday arvos so if you guys are in the CBD or metro areas during lunch or at night for photo opps, 100% ill be there. but for the cruze, i dont think i can make it. I dont have any sickleave anymore :( . I should have my exhaust done by then though...if i dont run over another mother_____________ing screw again :angry: :angry:

Hmm - not sure how it would all work out, we'd probably meet somewhere in the morning (10 or 11) to kick off the cruise and then be back in Melbourne in the afternoon. Guess we could maybe finish up at the good old Garage Cafe for a feed at night?

Has anyone got the original route I think Andy put together for the Marysville run?

Edited by Tash

Hi everyone, it's been a while..lol

The 7th should be good..any later and I'll be busy with uni. It's my final year and I don't know the next time I'll be free!!

I should be okay for any route, just let me know! Can't wait to catch up with everyone! :)

Peter.

P.s. maybe someone that has not organised a cruise yet, should step up? :P

Well because I totally work at a douchebag company where we don't get the 8th off work. (Think telephone and the letter T :P)

So i may have to bail on the garage cafe at the end depending on how we're doing.

Will keep posted tho.

Oh and I have a 21st the night before, so im gonna pull up nicely ;S lol

Can I come too? It will be my first cruise with TOCAU, you all can pop my Toyota Cruise Cherry...

Haven't been on a cruise for about 3 years, since I was a member with OzHonda, should be fun :lol::clap::clap:

Can I come too? It will be my first cruise with TOCAU, you all can pop my Toyota Cruise Cherry...

Haven't been on a cruise for about 3 years, since I was a member with OzHonda, should be fun :lol::clap::clap:

Of course you can come along! Would love to see you there :)

Hey tash, any set plans on the route yet with just about 3 weeks or so to go?

Hey well not really - I'd like to do a run to Marysville via Kinglake, what does everyone think?? I do not want to lead this time though so am leaving that up to someone else but if need be I can put a map together again.

So yeah, I'm putting the call out to someone to be up front for this cruise and we also need a starting point. And as Lee said, no excuses this time people, lets get a really good turnout!

Okay - this isn't set but more a rough plan of what I'm looking at putting together. Check out this link and let me know your thoughts:

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou...234589&z=10

The idea would be to meet at Hurstbridge again and kick off, then we go to King Lake, Healesville, Marysville and then down to Warburton and ending up coming back into the city through Lilydale - one of you Melbourne boys will definitely need to lead this part please.

Then we go to the Garage Cafe in Carlton to have a feed and wind down afterwards :)