Fuel Use????? Let us know

00UCH

What fuel you use:

How many Km's you get to a tank:

What your Avg 100km/L is:

What sort of driving is this based on:

Toyota seem to think you get 9.9L to the 100Km...... When i think i may have seen it once pretty much fill up the all high way running.

We dont want to know your best Km's to a tank or 100Km/L What is your AVERAGE?

What fuel you use: Shell/BP 98 octain

How many Km's you get to a tank: 430-460KM I only run just b4 fuel light some times it comes on then i fill stright away.

What your Avg 100km/L is: 11.5 Can go up or down a Lt unless i trash it :P

What sort of driving is this based on: Work and home in peak hour from south side to north side

Iv tryed E10 like it says but only get around 400KM's

Edited by 00UCH

What fuel you use: Shell V-Power 98 Octane

How many Km's you get to a tank: 500-600KM

What your Avg 100km/L is: Lowest - 8.6L/100km Highest - 10.8L/100km (It totally depends on my driving style, but the 8.6L was acheived when I just drove civilised with a boot here and there. But this was after I installed a K&N Panel Filter. I've done the same route numerous times and 8.6L was the best result. 8.9L is about normal with the stock 'paper filter'.

What sort of driving is this based on: To and from work, 100km or so per day.

What fuel you use:

How many Km's you get to a tank:

What your Avg 100km/L is:

What sort of driving is this based on:

Toyota seem to think you get 9.9L to the 100Km...... When i think i may have seen it once pretty much fill up the all high way running.

We dont want to know your best Km's to a tank or 100Km/L What is your AVERAGE?

Mobil 8000. 98 octane.only do about 400km per tank(but im thinkin 500-550km if i ran to empty) dont like to go much under 1/4 tank.had no dramas with this fuel so far just clicked over 9000kms.

What fuel you use: Shell V-power or BP Ultimate. I need 98 octane!

How many Km's you get to a tank: 500-550kms, normally wait for light to come on.

What your Avg L/100km is: 9.5-10.5 usually. Just using dash readout which I have found to be close enough.

What sort of driving is this based on: Commuting, mix of suburbia and freeway.

Best ever is 7.0 on a freeway run to the Gold Coast. Worst for a spirited cruise is around 11.5. This is with a TRD and I dont drive like a Nanna!

I have found I get better fuel consumption with the V-power, but the engine feels a bit sharper and more responsive with Ultimate. For out right power I dont think there is any difference between the two.

Tried V-Power Racing (100 octane) when it was available, now that stuff was the best, the TRD went like a rocket. Didnt care much about consumption.

Edited by SupaTouring

What fuel you use: 91-95 RON

How many Km's you get to a tank: 730

What your Avg 100km/L is: 6.71

What sort of driving is this based on: Highway

These are my average figures for my recent trip to QLD, I refilled with around a quarter tank left (49 litres went in per fuel up there abouts) - No this is not what the display in the car shows, these are actual usage figures.

What fuel you use: 91 RON

How many Km's you get to a tank: 550

What your Avg 100km/L is: 10

What sort of driving is this based on: Normal day to day driving, I make short trips to work of around 6km between home and work... I tend to get a little heavy footed at times. usually fuel up when the light comes on.

What fuel you use: Primarily Caltex Vortex, switching between Vortex 95 and Vortex 98. Starting to use the 98 more frequently now even though I believe that for a N/A Aurion, there is no gain from using premium above 95 octane.

How many Km's you get to a tank: I get about 500km to 550km before my cruising range reaches 0km. After that, I travel on average for an extra 10km to 40km before filling up, usually getting no more than 60 litres into the tank before it is full.

What your Avg 100km/L is: According to my manual calculations which will give the most accuracy, I currently average 11.66l/100km and that is calculated after 30,048km of driving. Most of the time, my on-board tank average displays around 11.2l/100km.

What sort of driving is this based on: Mostly trips of up to 30 minutes when in no traffic, and between 45 minutes to an hour with traffic. Usually includes a short stretch of highway driving over a distance of about 7km at a speed averaging 110km/h. Lots of start/stop during the time off the highway as I always catch the red lights. About 80% of the time, I will accelerate heavily from a standstill (1/2 to 3/4 throttle in first, then WOT once it changes to second) and almost always go WOT when overtaking. As well, when I drive I have my two front windows down 95% of the time including on the highway.

These cars are definitely able to obtain 9.9l/100km economy. Remembering that 9.9l figure they specified is based on combined city and highway driving, so you will obviously get higher or lower depending on how much more travelling you do on either end of the scale. As for what level of city and highway driving Toyota tested with, we will never know really.

I have seen my Aurion average 7.1l/100km on a trip from Brisbane to Coffs Harbour and that was with a full manual calculation. This was 95% highway driving with the windows down with an average speed of 110-120km/h. This also involved many stretches of overtaking at speeds of up to 190km/h (windows went up before overtaking).

Other notes: My engine oil is Fuchs Titan Super GTO (fully synthetic), 10W30. Mainly it is just me in the car but on occasion, there is only one other person that travels with me in my car. For the first 23,000km of driving, I was on Michelin Energy MXV8's (34 PSI all round), and in the last 7,000km I have had Bridgestone Potenza RE001's (pressures of 36 PSI all round). The tires don't appear to have had any effect on fuel consumption when changed.

All my filling records are kept in the following document:

Aurion_Fuel_Consumption.xls

What fuel you use: should be 95 (the normal unleaded in brisbane)

How many Km's you get to a tank: about 350-400km (usually fill when it is 1/4 tank left)

What your Avg 100km/L is: Around 14-15

What sort of driving is this based on: Mostly suburb, but with lots of red lights, stop and start

Never get below 13L/100km, probably because not much highway driving, heavy foot, lots of stop start and not sure whether there is something wrong with my car.

DJKOR, it appears the upward trend still hasn't stopped for you

any ideas?

so your best result was 7.1l/100km on the freeway 110+ km/h with windows down

you've tried windows up (and aircon on) in similar speed and weather and gotten worse results yeah?

does anyone have the ADR81/02 urban figure?

I was so looking forward to 1st April 2009

now its past, but www.greenvhicleguide.gov.au still hasn't got any figures for Aurion or Commodore yet

supposed to be on the car label now if anyone lives next to a dealer...

Ford's are on the site for a while already

Falcon is 10.5 (14.5 / 8.2)

Falcon 6 speed is 9.9 (13.8 / 7.6)

Edited by tekkyy

DJKOR, it appears the upward trend still hasn't stopped for you

any ideas?

If you have seen how I drive, there would be no questioning why my fuel economy is at the level that it is, and is rising a bit over time.

so your best result was 7.1l/100km on the freeway 110+ km/h with windows down

you've tried windows up (and aircon on) in similar speed and weather and gotten worse results yeah?

At the time that I did that drive, I wasn't focussed on trying to obtain the best economy, so those conditions are the only ones I have for reference. I was just driving easy because I was in a really relaxed mood. I can't say that I have tried driving with different conditions because I don't remember ever doing so.

If I was to say anything from all this, it would be that I am actually quite surprised that my fuel usage is at what it is. I've got no complaints there.

I have pretty same result as DJKOR's one.

What fuel you use: 91-95 unleaded from Caltex & Shell

How many Km's you get to a tank: Around 500KM-550KM and then the light comes on

What your Avg 100km/L is: Last time I travel to Tumut I got 8.0L/100KM on the dashboard.

According to my manual calculating, average is about 11L/100KM.

7.8L/100KM was my best record on highway driving.

What sort of driving is this based on: 60% of travel in 50~70KM zones, 40% of 80KM~110KM zones.

Edited by JIN

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, some questions about fuel:

1) When fuel gauge lights up, roughly how many liters left in the tank?

2) When is stays 0km cruising range, roughly how many km can be travelled before the car stops moving due to empty fuel?

Thanks.

Hi guys, some questions about fuel:

1) When fuel gauge lights up, roughly how many liters left in the tank?

2) When is stays 0km cruising range, roughly how many km can be travelled before the car stops moving due to empty fuel?

Thanks.

From 'Fuel Warning Light':

I actually asked a similar question to this before:

And the Corolla guys asked as well:

After many, many more tanks of fuel and others claims to back it up as well, we have found that once the gauge needle is on empty and the 'Cruising Range' says '0km', you have about 10 litres left in the tank and can travel roughly another 70-80km. I find my fuel light comes on when my cruising range drops to about 30km or so and/or when the gauge needle reaches about 1/8.

Everyone needs to define what you mean by a "tank". Because everyone's results are all over the place.

I would define a tank at 70ltrs. But I would be disturbed if people are getting 400-500km per 70ltrs.

Everyone needs to define what you mean by a "tank". Because everyone's results are all over the place.

I would define a tank at 70ltrs. But I would be disturbed if people are getting 400-500km per 70ltrs.

Most people refer to a tank as between full, and when the fuel light comes on or the needle hits empty. So generally we are talking about a 60 litre tank.

That's not too relevant though as we already calculate an average litres per 100km, which would be of more use.

Guilty,yeah i suppose my answer was a bit cryptic...550km per 3/4 tank 50lt estimate,and as i said don't like to go much lower than 1/4 tank so i thinking on a 70lt full tank should get around 700-750km's easy.

p.s driving up to Sydney this weekend so will get a good idea of what mines upto,also be interesting to see how she performs with me the missus & luggage & added audio weight and my jack russell. :unsure:

That's not too relevant though as we already calculate an average litres per 100km, which would be of more use.

Good point. Im at work so obviously my brain is switched off.

p.s driving up to Sydney this weekend so will get a good idea of what mines upto,also be interesting to see how she performs with me the missus & luggage & added audio weight and my jack russell. :unsure:

I'm sorry to hear that (that you are coming to Sydney). My condolences.

Good point. Im at work so obviously my brain is switched off.

I'm sorry to hear that (that you are coming to Sydney). My condolences.

Whats your prob with Sydney? :huh:

My only problem with going there is that it's to visit the in/outlaws otherwise great place to go,also i know plenty of people in Sydney,as i lived there for 10yrs.

My only problem with going there is that it's to visit the in/outlaws otherwise great place to go,also i know plenty of people in Sydney,as i lived there for 10yrs.

lol. My problem is that I live here. I'm sure you will have fun on the poorly maintenance and poorly planned out roads... Oh and the drivers.. Welcome back.

What fuel you use: RON91 Regular Unleaded

How many Km's you get to a tank: 530kms

What your Avg 100km/L is: 11.3

What sort of driving is this based on: 35% 80kph constant flow, 35% stop/start, 30% 60kph constant flow, 3-4 days a week only, rarely floored/thrashed (i have a baby in the car on most trips)

lol. My problem is that I live here. I'm sure you will have fun on the poorly maintenance and poorly planned out roads... Oh and the drivers.. Welcome back.

Hahaha thanks,and yeah i remember the roads & drivers...bloody not going anywhere near Parramatta rd,unless it's been resurfaced in the last year or so.

What fuel you use: 98 Ron

How many Km's you get to a tank: between 400-500km (I fill up as soon as needle hits a quarter of a tank)

What your Avg 100km/L is: Right now It is sitting on 9.6L/100km But usually between 9.2-9.8

What sort of driving is this based on: I would say 60% local 40% highway. This includes a squirt every now and then, but generally I just drive the car soft and enjoy it. Not that I am saying I don't mind giving it some stick. I would say 99% of driving we both use Drive. Rarely use shift mode, just not used to the lag. Though this is with myself and my wife sharing the driving 50/50. I intend on looking after this car, if I want to really thrash a car, I just take the old VT berlina (sorry I meant slow old crappy barge) out, have not sold it yet. :P

The last two long distance runs i did:

1) Dubbo to berrigan: mostly 110kmh zone- cruise set on 120km/h (so about real time 116km/h) car fully loaded: Fuel econ= 7.6 L/P 100km. That was on standard Shell ULP.

2) Mossvale to Junee: mostly 110km/h and smooth freeway drive. once again cruise set 120km/h car fully loaded: Fuel econ= 7.2 L/P 100km. Shell premium (or what ever it's called!!)

**3) Around Junee, very hilly short runs around town dropping kids to school and shopping. driven 2-3 times per day and less than 10km each trip the fuel econ 'craps out' to about 12 L/P 100km.