2011 Custom Camry

Zeinheiger

As some of you may know, I'm casually into a bit of design work from time to time... Anyway, here's my latest bit of work, being a Camry, I thought I'd share this with you guys

2011_toyota_camry_custom_by_dazza_mate-d3a47is.jpg

And also, I record my work using a screen recording program, here's a video of my work sped up and compressed into a few minutes, i get people asking to see these done all the time

Criticism always appreciated

Cheers guys...

I actually have been playing around with the idea of learning fiberglassing... So the grille just may go into production :ph34r:

But for my car only, wanna make it a little unique, give it that one piece of flare that nobody else has

thats some sweet stuff man...do you use a tablet pc for all the brushing?

i did some photochopping a while back but that doesnt compare to this...think you can try your hand at a current model corolla? :toast:

thats some sweet stuff man...do you use a tablet pc for all the brushing?

i did some photochopping a while back but that doesnt compare to this...think you can try your hand at a current model corolla? :toast:

Yeah I've had a Wacom Intuos3 for the last 3 years now, very good tablet...

I don't think I've ever done a Corolla... But then again, I get people asking me to do these all the time... So I can't promise anything, I just sorta do what I feel like at the time, this is a spare time filler, sort of like a hobby... New corolla would be a bit of fun though

I think i'll be doing a 2JZ Cressida next :rolleyes:

wow.. just wow. You know, despite owning an Aurion myself I personally find the front end of that white Camry to be FAR sexier than anything available for the Aurion (mostly because of the grill).

wow.. just wow. You know, despite owning an Aurion myself I personally find the front end of that white Camry to be FAR sexier than anything available for the Aurion (mostly because of the grill).

You're correct, we don't have much in the way of the styling of our grilles, I just got the Thai sports grille, was the best I could find visually to suit my needs. On the Camry I was trying to get the grille to match up with the bonnet shape, so where it dips in the bonnet, so it should in the grille... Aesthetically speaking, it had to be done this way :idea:

I've said this before but damn you have skill. I wish I had the ability to even attempt something like that, but I would only get as far as trying the stencil, and even then it will be an epic fail.

On a side note about the Camry, the Sportivo's certainly do get that more aggressive look than the Aurion does. Had a white one in my rear vision mirror today and it just looked like something that could suit the track. Well actually the first thing I thought of it when I saw it was "NASCAR".

Not a fan of the 'eyelids' on the headlights - there is not a car in the world they look good on. However, the grille is fantastic with cues of the mid-90's Aston Martin V8 range (and indeed earlier Astons). An alternative riff would be to have a body coloured blanked off grill (if that would adversely affect cooling, then the grille could be fine mesh to still allow air through).

By and large the day of the body kit is long gone. It appears that 'fine edge' styling is the trend at least for the next 7-10 years. What is 'fine edge'? Think the frontal styling of the new Ford Territory. What is ordinary 'edge' styling? Think first gen Ford Focus.

Thanks everyone!!!

I thought you'd appreciate this one Reece... Feel free to get yours looking like this

Steve, what sort of header would you want? Anything to do with logo's, I'm not too good with, i'm more of a virtual car tuning type of guy, I'd be happy to do some work for the club... PM me with what you'd like and we can work something out

Reece I reckon the French fogs on your car would look great, you can buy yellow tint film off eBay really cheap, I'm not too sure if the heat might effect the tint though... Or you can just buy the replacement fogs which have the plastic already coloured yellow, they cost a bit more, but I'm a big fan of that style

DAMMM!!! I hope somebody from Toyota Style Australia is seeing this! thats amazing work, one tough Camry. And i Agree with DJKOR, the Camry Sportivo looks lower and meaner and i personaly think better than the Aurion Sportivo, facelift Sportivo has grown on me but i do see the the camry and think "yeah no that looks tougher"

^^^^ I agree. Dont mean to offend any aurion owners, but the camry looks a lot meaner than the aurion in my opinion . If it were me, id have the v6 in the camry and the i4 in the aurion. but hey, each to their own

Reece I reckon the French fogs on your car would look great, you can buy yellow tint film off eBay really cheap, I'm not too sure if the heat might effect the tint though... Or you can just buy the replacement fogs which have the plastic already coloured yellow, they cost a bit more, but I'm a big fan of that style

Been thinking of that actually. Someone in the US had his fogs like yours and looks bangin, i dont know how my blueish HID fogs would go with the yellow tint on top. maybe if i got a spare 30 layin round ill buy the 3k bulbs

^^^^ I agree. Dont mean to offend any aurion owners, but the camry looks a lot meaner than the aurion in my opinion . If it were me, id have the v6 in the camry and the i4 in the aurion. but hey, each to their own

Been thinking of that actually. Someone in the US had his fogs like yours and looks bangin, i dont know how my blueish HID fogs would go with the yellow tint on top. maybe if i got a spare 30 layin round ill buy the 3k bulbs

yeah it certainly does look meaner and more likely to rip your head off! i dont mind the look of facelift Aurion but still personally prefer Series One. The other day we went to get my car from my private parking spot to have a play with the Coil over settings after work and i let my work mate drive it back to work and he came flying up behind me and i thought oh damm that does look tough in your mirrors in it's lowered state! still want to play with the grill though :spiteful:

DAMMM!!! I hope somebody from Toyota Style Australia is seeing this! thats amazing work, one tough Camry. And i Agree with DJKOR, the Camry Sportivo looks lower and meaner and i personaly think better than the Aurion Sportivo, facelift Sportivo has grown on me but i do see the the camry and think "yeah no that looks tougher"

Hahaha cheers, maybe I should shoot them an email and see what they think, then we find out the new 2014 Sportivo looks like this and I don't get any credit :unsure:

Although, I wouldn't mind, if something I designed was put on a car, I'd be very happy with myself, credit or not... And yes the facelift Camry sportivo eats the Aurion sportivo in looks, I must say, if it did come with the 2gfre, I know what i'd be driving right now... Not that I don't like the Aurion looks at all, I just think the Camry has a better style... And in white, they are absolutely delicious

Reece, I am extremely offended, a mod should delete your post for offending everyone :P

But it is true, how about the V6 in both, considering from what I've read the fuel usage is barely noticeable between the 2, shame Toyota doesn't bring all there cars out with the 6... Hmmm a Yaris with a 2gfre :spiteful: Up there with the Golf GTi.... No wait... R32 Golf, imagine that power/weight ratio B)

On a white camry, 3000k fogs are so much WIN, especially with the yellow covers, If I had your car, I'd change them to yellow the day I got the car...