TRD Supercharger

after 4 days at Autotech engineering. isntalling the unichip and dynoing. all up about 900....

due to the wiring difficulties they had....

my car pumpd out 110kw @ wheels. troungs car pumped out 115 @ wheels... 5kw loss in power due to transmission... i

bit dissappointed.... really wanted about 120-130kw @ wheels...

i guess i could take it to another dyno.. ie the hub ones and get a dyno run out of that.. lol...

the car is due in for another service. i think i can make some more power when i change the oil.. its dirty black at the moment....

dyno sheet will be up soon...

Unless you decide to start doing engine internal work anything above 120 is going to be almost out of reach. Unless you spend big $$ getting an exhaust system custom made to suit your application, cam changes etc etc then it will be hard to reach.

110kw atw ain't bad. More importantly, what was torque figure and the torque curve like ? That's what an s/c'd engine's sweet spot would be, along with throttle response if the piping and i/c is suited. Imho that's a pretty good increase ? I'm guessing you have the 1zz-fe right ? Looking through various 1zz dynos, seems a lightly modded 1zz puts out around 80kw atw...that's still 20 kw atw increase along with a fair bit more torque.

My ae101 4a-gze gave 120kw atw with a manny trans. That's with a larger pulley, fmic, and enclosed pod. Recently did full exhaust, probably around low 130 now, but the torque is the fun part. 4 bangers with an s/c generally won't give you a crazy top end whack. Reduce the weight if you can, you'll feel that :)

Still, I like the result of the TRD supercharger on a 1ZZ application. You know that every one of those KW's are use-able and come at reasonable revs rather than having to keep it up high a-la Sportivo. Did you get torque figures too DuGong? It would be even better with the manual gearbox because the gear ratios are nice and low compared the the Sportivo 6-sp.

Truong-Hai had a 2.5" exhaust didn't he? What are you running?

Edited by Tayles

mate nice results ..... it also explains that withdrawl of power up top as well ..... but excellent to see another boosted brother ;) ;) ;)

You know that every one of those KW's are use-able and come at reasonable revs rather than having to keep it up high a-la Sportivo.

oh how un-educated u are oh young one :P :P :P :P :P :P

You know that every one of those KW's are use-able and come at reasonable revs rather than having to keep it up high a-la Sportivo.

oh how un-educated u are oh young one :P :P :P :P :P :P

LOL the only exception is when you have 45-trillion KW everywhere on the rev-range after boosting her like a mofo :toast::toast::toast: i.e. Bill's case!

Or you could get the $7000 close-ratio gearbox :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

110kw wheels sounds about right.

Would be better to drive than stock 2zz-ge I would say.

mate you should be pretty happy with those results thats 15kw atw more then the most powerfull N/A 1zz on the forums, I have seen this car in action and its pretty quick...

the torque is pretty flat being around 2400N from 88kph to 180kph. not sure about it in RPMs... that was in gear 3.....

so. yeah its pretty good atm....

they did a pretty good job....

im running 2.25 sportivo cat back.

Dyno-1.jpg

Edited by DuGong

mate you should be pretty happy with those results thats 15kw atw more then the most powerfull N/A 1zz on the forums, I have seen this car in action and its pretty quick...

who is driving the most powerful N/A 1ZZ on the forums and what did he mod the rolla? any specs for that rolla?

TRD

Pretty sure it was Pippy who pushed around 96kw from memory at Mercury with some mazda boys a while ago.

MAP81 should push more considering the work done to it but alas not the result expected by others or wanted by PP :unsure:

who is driving the most powerful N/A 1ZZ on the forums and what did he mod the rolla? any specs for that rolla?

TRD

I would say the most powerful would be Dave, YDOIT4. He's at 100 atw.

MAP81's car had the biggest increase in power from mods performed, ~20kw atw on a 1ZZ from intake, 2.25" catback and emanage. That's not even looking at the large midrange increase in power and torque.

110kw atw is impressive for an auto 1ZZ with the charger. Most 4agze's get around the 95-100kw atw mark, but they really benefit from a larger throttle body.

Did you get "before" graphs to compare?

I'd expect a manual to get around the 120 mark with full ecu, intake and exhaust.

That would be an absolute blast to drive around town.

Hows the tranny handling the extra increase in torque and power?? Is it shifting fast enough through the first two gears??

Transmission cooler in the future perhaps.

Edited by Suprathai

Thats Tops!!!

110 KW is a awesome power to weight ratio.

Yeh a transmission oil cooler would keep the transmission on the safe side.

Especially now there will be excessive loading on it.

Also what cooling device you using for the supercharger ?

Thats Tops!!!

110 KW is a awesome power to weight ratio.

Yeh a transmission oil cooler would keep the transmission on the safe side.

Especially now there will be excessive loading on it.

Also what cooling device you using for the supercharger ?

runs off the car coolent.. im planing to get a oil cooler.. not a trans cooler just yet.... they reckon if i had a manual with my set up.. i would be able to achieve about 120-130 in manual form.

110 atw is an awesome effort. :toast:

I think from the picture i saw it was still using a stock airbox?

Maybe a panel filter in the future?

Headers?

After a good oil change i'm sure the achievement of higher figures is possilbe.

The Goose did a dyno on unleaded fuel, needed a major service and only churned out 75kw...after the service, some good oils and premium she did 85kw :toast:

She must feel quite awesome to drive around town and out and about cuase of that addition of instant torque!!

Cheers and beers,

Jules

Need aquamist if you combined TRD S/C and any Pod filter intake as apperantly it will get too hot and cook the cat converters.

If the car is still standard, adding full exhaust system and intake plus aquamist water injector will probably allow extra 10kw at wheels.

But other than power alone, check out the super linear power curve (its more of straight line than curve).