The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

a few more stupid questions from me.

1. my car feels sluggish ever since i got new rims irs this becasue the alloys are heavier then the steelies or is it becasue of the tyres?

Is the overall diameter of the new tyres larger than that of the old stock tyres?

pretty much the same i think, new ones are 205/55/r16 old ones were 195/65 R15

a few more stupid questions from me.

1. my car feels sluggish ever since i got new rims irs this becasue the alloys are heavier then the steelies or is it becasue of the tyres?

Is the overall diameter of the new tyres larger than that of the old stock tyres?

pretty much the same i think, new ones are 205/55/r16 old ones were 195/65 R15

According to http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp, your overall rolling diameter is not that much different:

tire2vq8.jpg

It would appear then that any sluggishness would most likely come from any weight differences in the wheels. Essentially it is one inch more alloy wheel, and one inch less rubber (and whatever else is in the sidewall). It all depends on the construction of the wheel itself. Even if the weight differences are slight, rotational force can be multiplied.

Ok guys, so I've been looking around to get another car soon (6 months~ 1 year)

I'm really into MR2s!

they look fkn sex!

Now!

IS there an MR2 SW20R Bathurst that comes with the 3S-GTE engine? All I can find on carsales are the 3S-GE models.

ps: reason why i want a bathurst is that there are soooo many stock examples, unlike this pos.

Edited by RoM2nV

IS there an MR2 SW20R Bathurst that comes with the 3S-GTE engine? All I can find on carsales are the 3S-GE models.

ps: reason why i want a bathurst is that there are soooo many stock examples, unlike this pos.

The only models that were sold in Australia were N/A, and I'm pretty sure the Bathurst model was Australia-exclusive. Anything that is factory turbo is an import. Turbo models tend to be badged GT (but there are N/A GTs as well)

• 4 weeks later...
what is a better idea?

CAI or Suspension?

Go the suspension. Better handling will provide much greater gains than the CAI.

But to read the question differently, the idea of suspension would also seem to be the better idea because when it comes to suspension, you are playing around with the physics of the car. It is a lot more involved than a CAI in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
you can find one now... lol

but i cant afford /legally drive one till 2010.. thats why im asking

2010 is a long way away... well actually its only next year, you would still be looking at 40-50k for one second hand, since they will become exclusive :o

Evo

that would be the day lol.

getting 50 grand for a sportivo corolla lol.

You never know......is it the ford gt's or similar that are worth like 250k or more nowdays?.......pfft., who would want to pay so much for a ford.lol

ok guys,

After the run up to brissy last nite, i checked my engine oil, and it looks like its time for a replacement.

i have searched the forums, and it seems that the best option for Engine Oil is 10W-30.

What i would like to know is when i go to change the oil, does it need to be hot or cold to drain out, cause i don't like the idea of getting burnt by hot oil.

Thanks

Evo

Having the oil anywhere between warm and hot is a good temperature to drain it. Oil will flow much better when it is hotter and you will be able to drain it a little bit quicker like that. That said, when I have the time, once I remove the sump plug, I go sit down and relax for an hour while the oil remains dripping out. Always good to get as much out as you can.

As for avoiding burns, what I do is loosen the sump plug until oil starts to leak out. Then carefully turn it further till it leaks out even quicker. Then I get a bit further away and use the spanner or a long screwdriver to tap the sump plug on the edges to try and knock it loose.

ok, but i still dont want to get burnt... i will do it tomorrow morning when the car has been running for a few minutes.

that should be ok right?

Evo

ok, but i still dont want to get burnt... i will do it tomorrow morning when the car has been running for a few minutes.

that should be ok right?

If you have fast reflexes you should be fine. It's a risk to take though if you choose to go that way. You may got a hot drop or two splashing onto you. It's not bad. From a cold start, between 5-10 minutes is alright.

Now my stupid question. I have a clicking sound that is dependent on speed. It sounds exactly like a stone in my tire, but I have looked all over and found no stones or nails. I once had this issue in the past where a twig was jammed in the brake calliper assembly and was clicking against the balancing weights on my rim, but not in this case. I've had a good look over and couldn't find anything getting in the way.

Has anyone else had symptoms like this before and is there anything simple but not obvious to look for?

that should be ok right?

If you have fast reflexes you should be fine. It's a risk to take though if you choose to go that way. You may got a hot drop or two splashing onto you. It's not bad. From a cold start, between 5-10 minutes is alright.

Now my stupid question. I have a clicking sound that is dependent on speed. It sounds exactly like a stone in my tire, but I have looked all over and found no stones or nails. I once had this issue in the past where a twig was jammed in the brake calliper assembly and was clicking against the balancing weights on my rim, but not in this case. I've had a good look over and couldn't find anything getting in the way.

Has anyone else had symptoms like this before and is there anything simple but not obvious to look for?

lol has someone put a zip tie on an axle or something? :whistling:

lol has someone put a zip tie on an axle or something? :whistling:

Now that's a good prank. I'll keep that one for future reference. I'm going to detail my car this afternoon and pull the front rim off and hopefully find something. Hopefully it's not a sign of something about to break.

has anyone upgraded their aurion alarm so that the beeper doesnt work ?

i want that beep sound in my corolla rofl. already spoke to DJKOR about this

LOL. I've only heard of like one or two cases of an upgraded alarm, so good luck on that. You should probably also extend your questiono over to the Gen 6 Camry owners. Otherwise, it may be worth inquiring with Toyota. I'm not even sure if Toyota sell the beeper module as a separate spare part as it is integrated into the headlight. It would be interesting to remove the thing though as its wired up inside the headlight:

dsc03165ep3.th.jpg

can any one tell me why woman cary around so many bags every where they go, isent a handbag enough. what have u guys got in those bags?

From what I can gather... nothing important. Occasionally you may find a big diary/mini laptop/multiple mobile phones, but its generally a purse, spare makeup, tampons/headache pills, chewing gum, and waaaayy too many receipts.

Whereas a guy will try to be more manly than another guy by 1. whipping out his massive dong, or 2. having a cool car... women try to outdo each other with their big bags, or large collection of shoes.

:P