The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

this mayba a stupid qestion,, (so i hope i got the right thread)

but what engine dose the 2002 celica ZZT230 have?? is it a 2zz??

as you can probly tell i know next to nothing about celica's..

cheers guys

All 7th gen Celicas sold in Australia do indeed have the 2ZZGE

this mayba a stupid qestion,, (so i hope i got the right thread)

but what engine dose the 2002 celica ZZT230 have?? is it a 2zz??

as you can probly tell i know next to nothing about celica's..

cheers guys

All 7th gen Celicas sold in Australia do indeed have the 2ZZGE

that is what i thought...

then why is it that in the latest 'Autosalon' mag, the Red Celica has a 1zz-fe 1.8lt in-line four banger... massive down grader??... or printing error

did anyone eles notice this??

Australia only got ZZT231s, so 2zzs all round. The ZZT230 comes with a 1zz and as said not sold here; but no reason why someone would be stupid enough to import one though.

Any pics of the engine bay? Thats the easiest give away to the engine, black plastic intake manifold=1zz, metal intake manifold=2zz.

but no reason why someone would be stupid enough to import one though.

It's in Autosalon. Does that answer your question?

Australia only got ZZT231s, so 2zzs all round. The ZZT230 comes with a 1zz and as said not sold here; but no reason why someone would be stupid enough to import one though.

Any pics of the engine bay? Thats the easiest give away to the engine, black plastic intake manifold=1zz, metal intake manifold=2zz.

but no reason why someone would be stupid enough to import one though.

It's in Autosalon. Does that answer your question?

nah no pic's of the engine bay... just a fully hectic stereo...

cheers for the info guys..

Autosalon Magazine is the 'Special White Bus' of all publications. They are the people who pay large amounts of money to make their cars undriveable. Clearly, they were smacked in the head with a hammer coated in fail upon being born.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i have a very silly question... so i thought this thread will be appropriate.

To supercharge or not to supercharge, that is the question :o

Evo

Hey guys,

Evo

It's not a silly or stupid at all. It'll come down to how much money you have, the suitability of the engine (things _can_ always be done, whether or not they should is a different question), and personal preference to the style of car/engine you want to have.

Hey guys,

Evo

It's not a silly or stupid at all. It'll come down to how much money you have, the suitability of the engine (things _can_ always be done, whether or not they should is a different question), and personal preference to the style of car/engine you want to have.

Thanks Hiro,

that has opened my eyes up a bit... its just the more i read about it, the more i would get to do it ;)

But since my question has been answered, i will take the time to really think about it, and not get all gung ho about it :P

Evo

Thanks Hiro,

that has opened my eyes up a bit... its just the more i read about it, the more i would get to do it ;)

But since my question has been answered, i will take the time to really think about it, and not get all gung ho about it :P

Evo

Be thankful you drive a car/engine that is relatively well supported by the aftermarket community, makes things like this a lot easier.

Wish there was a TRD/TTE off-the-shelf supercharger kit for the 7A.....or even better, for a 20v 7AGE

Thanks Hiro,

Evo

Be thankful you drive a car/engine that is relatively well supported by the aftermarket community, makes things like this a lot easier.

Wish there was a TRD/TTE off-the-shelf supercharger kit for the 7A.....or even better, for a 20v 7AGE

You know what's funny though, my mate is convinced that i would go ahead and do it anyways, regardless :o

Evo

Another stupid question contribution:

Why are a large percentage of weekend driver's so hopeless on the road? I hate driving on the weekends as it's so much more stressful trying to put up with these idiots on the road.

dude i know hey...see how far i fell behind today in the traffic u where like a km infront of me and everyone was all over the place cutting ppl off and slamming on breaks i was like get me away from these people

is it me or has it been dustier than usual in sydney ??

washed the car with a group of friends at 1230 am. drove the 5km home and there was a thick layer of brown dust on the car. got a microfibre cloth and dusted it off. the next day after a drive, the thick layer of dust reappeared :ph34r:

Hey guys, back on the topic about supercharging, what will be the most beneficial ECU for me to get to run with the VVT-i engine?

i am leaning towards the Greddy V-Manage, but i would also like to know, can i just run the V-Manage by itself piggybacked onto the stock ECU? and would i need to get a E-manage ultimate later on?

Evo

Edited by Evo7

I think piggy back are quite limited in terms of tuning and when you go for S/C you would like to be able to synchronise as much as you can because tuning the aftermarket standalone ECU will let you tap to the max all your mods. So i would say Apexi Power FC FTW! :D Come On Evo...You Gotta Do It Right....Lol...Or If You Got More Cash...I Would Say Motec? :-) Anyways, that's my opinion...

I think piggy back are quite limited in terms of tuning and when you go for S/C you would like to be able to synchronise as much as you can because tuning the aftermarket standalone ECU will let you tap to the max all your mods. So i would say Apexi Power FC FTW! :D Come On Evo...You Gotta Do It Right....Lol...Or If You Got More Cash...I Would Say Motec? :-) Anyways, that's my opinion...

so an Apexi Power FC will be the best way to go?

Its a replacement aftermarket ECU right?

Evo

Edited by Evo7

I would not say the best...from what i have heard and read it is may be good bang for buck :D lol

The unit is a full replacement ECU for your factory computer. It is not a piggyback system and as such allows full control of the engine and computer controlled systems. It comes with a base map of your cars computer with base map tuned for basic mods such as exhaust, boost controller, air filter upgrade. "The Power FC is a complete, stand alone, total engine management system capable of handling virtually anything thrown in its path." - www.apexi-usa.com

Evo

I have done the thinking for a 1zz conversion harness, just haven't made one. So I'll be able to put one together for you when needed.

Evo

I have done the thinking for a 1zz conversion harness, just haven't made one. So I'll be able to put one together for you when needed.

That sounds like a plan B)

so the first thing for me to do will be to get the APFC :D

Evo

My stupid question time again. Is it possible that a simple front strut brace alone can make a 'noticeable' difference? I'm not talking of a massive improvement but rather a change that is not just a placebo effect. After installing mine on my Aurion, I swear if feels more stable when taking corners and more solid when driving over an uneven surface. It's just hard to imagine that one length of metal can create a change that is immediately noticeable.

Is it most likely all in my head?

My stupid question time again. Is it possible that a simple front strut brace alone can make a 'noticeable' difference? I'm not talking of a massive improvement but rather a change that is not just a placebo effect. After installing mine on my Aurion, I swear if feels more stable when taking corners and more solid when driving over an uneven surface. It's just hard to imagine that one length of metal can create a change that is immediately noticeable.

Is it most likely all in my head?

I don't think you would be alone in feeling a difference... many people say upgrading/installing strut braces is one of the best 'bang for your buck' suspension mods.

i'm sure its been asked before.. Where do iget a toyota owners club sticker?

ditto to that^^^ i know SB has the TOCAU one but i want one saying "au.toyotaownersclub.com"

and daryl yeh they go good hey....would never have thought...suspension will top it off mate :D

i found u can notice the improvement mose whem u do the whole, v8 supercar tire warming left to right. very stable doing that