The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

and daryl yeh they go good hey....would never have thought...suspension will top it off mate :D

Yeah, I was like "damn; this is what I've been missing out on". Next Wednesday I will have an Ultra Racing rear sway bar to add to the mix. I don't know about the springs yet. Still something to consider.

i found u can notice the improvement mose whem u do the whole, v8 supercar tire warming left to right. very stable doing that

Did that a bit today. It definitely felt more solid as in I could keep myself in my seat a little easier. Nothing outrageously improved, but certainly better than before. Going around roundabouts feel more solid as well.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys i got another stupid Q for you guys,,

i did a search and all i could find was how to fit them..

my Q is,, do i really need a oil catch can?? i have a 1zz with almost 90,000km,, and i track the car about 3 times a year..

and whats the difference with the catch cans with the mini filters and no mini filters..

i'v been told that its recomended if i like to track my car abit..

cheers guys..

idiot question to the max here:

whats the go with oiling pods? im runnig a drift pod and i didnt even know you had to oil it, y is that?

not all drift pods have to be oil'd. i have a non-oil'd drift pod on my car.. but too much oil will build up in your MAF..

the oil is there to help for better filteration.. it collects more finer dust.. how ever in vic (not sure about other states) you can't have an open oiled pod filter,, if it's oil'd it has to be inclosed..

But by running it un-oiled, don't you run the chance of fine dust entering the intake? I've heard that even foam filters need to be oiled.

My stupid question time again. Is it possible that a simple front strut brace alone can make a 'noticeable' difference? I'm not talking of a massive improvement but rather a change that is not just a placebo effect. After installing mine on my Aurion, I swear if feels more stable when taking corners and more solid when driving over an uneven surface. It's just hard to imagine that one length of metal can create a change that is immediately noticeable.

Is it most likely all in my head?

Its all in your head :lol: jks :P

i am pretty sure that the car feels much more stable... as if the tower struts aren't flexing as much...

i could be trippin, but i will have to see if i am or not :o

Evo

hey guys i got another stupid Q for you guys,,

i did a search and all i could find was how to fit them..

my Q is,, do i really need a oil catch can?? i have a 1zz with almost 90,000km,, and i track the car about 3 times a year..

and whats the difference with the catch cans with the mini filters and no mini filters..

i'v been told that its recomended if i like to track my car abit..

cheers guys..

a catch can wouldnt hurt on your 1zz, i have one on my 1zz, if u want to have a look at my members thread on how i installed mine. all cars can benefit from a catchcan setup and the more time u spend in the high rpm range the more your engine will thankyou for installing one. the way a catch can works is the the gases traveling out of your pcv valve (out of your camcover)are directed into the can and are run thru a series of baffles (to remove the oil from the air) before being directed back to the manifold or out a small filter, some engines like the LS1 really need catch can setups due to poor rockercover design that have poor baffleing, not only vapour gets out but you also get alot of oil splashback directly into your manifold, so baffleing is very important in controling oil vapour

i have my own stupid question does any one know if trust still make the Trust Airinx pods in blue? or are these discontinued

• 3 weeks later...
whats a RUNX? a sportivo is a sportivo isnt it?

please fill me in my idiocy levels are high

JDM-spec yo

Cars have different names in different countries remember.

whats a RUNX? a sportivo is a sportivo isnt it?

please fill me in my idiocy levels are high

JDM-spec yo

Cars have different names in different countries remember.

so people with RUNX's in aus have:

1. imported them

2. pull all the RUNX parts on there sportivo

or

3. brought a fully sick RUNX badge and put it on

is that right?

so people with RUNX's in aus have:

1. imported them

2. pull all the RUNX parts on there sportivo

or

3. brought a fully sick RUNX badge and put it on

is that right?

3. bought a fully sick Lunx badge.

i found u can notice the improvement mose whem u do the whole, v8 supercar tire warming left to right. very stable doing that

Weaving is to keep the drivers amused while they drive around slowly. The main use for weaving is to scrub the surface of pickup.

back in the day when an electrical appliance momentarily sht it self, if you hit it, it started working again. how come that doesnt work anymore?

Because back then things were made pretty rock solid inside and the hit usually travelled to everything inside. Now they are made with so much plastic that when you hit it, the plastic absorbs the shock instead.

... Just a though.

Funny you mention that though. We have an old-school widescreen CRT TV. It may be big and heavy, but the picture on it beats any LCD on the market. The image on it does play up every now and again, and the perfect solution is to give it a good whack on the top.

back in the day when an electrical appliance momentarily sht it self, if you hit it, it started working again. how come that doesnt work anymore?

Because back then things were made pretty rock solid inside and the hit usually travelled to everything inside. Now they are made with so much plastic that when you hit it, the plastic absorbs the shock instead.

... Just a though.

Funny you mention that though. We have an old-school widescreen CRT TV. It may be big and heavy, but the picture on it beats any LCD on the market. The image on it does play up every now and again, and the perfect solution is to give it a good whack on the top.

Whacking works with TVs because you've got mechanical items in there like BFFO (big fat ****-off) magnets and electron guns that can get out of alignment (the whole reason you have a de-gauss function on CRT monitors), a physical impact can jarr them so could (with luck) realign things

These days where everything is transistor-based and LCDs/plasmas rule, these mechanical items are disappearing and being replaced with electrical ones that don't respond to physical actions.

• 2 weeks later...

Silly question but does a Roots Supercharger still tend to make the winding noise, or is that only twin Screw and Centrifugal chargers?

Evo

Hey guys just a quick one...is it the same bulb type for the number plate at the back and the ones in the headlights when you have your parkers on?

Hope you guys understand what i mean? Basically I am only asking because I wanna change the ones currently in the headlight to white led. Are they T10? :-D

Alright fellas...stupid question time.

How do you remove the footrest (dead pedal) in a manual preface 1zz?

cheers

Oh wow! That's an interesting question.

I wonder if anyone knows?

-Azza

Edited by mrcrazyrolla

I am not 100% sure on this, but i believe that they maybe clipped in... i found this out one time when i put too much pressure on it, and it sorta 'unclipped'?

Evo

I am not 100% sure on this, but i believe that they maybe clipped in... i found this out one time when i put too much pressure on it, and it sorta 'unclipped'?

Evo

You just yanked it out? Come on msn