The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

Turbo is out of my budget! :( How much roughly does a proper tune and engine management (an average) cost?

heheh well theres too many variables there.

check out www.etuner.com.au

Then Look at Nengun.com for prices on Emanage Ultimate + Vmanage

then hope like hell something comes up cheap 2nd hand.

theres $2,000 in the hardware alone... then install and tune... well... dpends who you know.

lol. funny thing is there is nobody in the drivers seat.

Maybe because it's bogged any they've gone to get help...?

no way! are you serious...

Yes, I'm serious.....

Isn't the internet just a wonderful medium for sarcasm...

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would add another question to the Stupid Thread.

Why is it that workshops (tire, suspension, and anyone that takes your wheels off) keep persisting to do your wheel nuts up with their air impact wrench to tighnesses that require Hercules strength when removing by hand?

Seriously, if the average person got a flat and their wheel nuts were done up insanely tight, that's not very useful is it?

Why is it that workshops (tire, suspension, and anyone that takes your wheels off) keep persisting to do your wheel nuts up with their air impact wrench to tighnesses that require Hercules strength when removing by hand?

Seriously, if the average person got a flat and their wheel nuts were done up insanely tight, that's not very useful is it?

x2

Because it's easier for a gorilla wearing a blue shirt to use a rattle gun than it is to teach them how to set and use a torque wrench properly.

i agree i stuffed up my 1st set because of this very reason

i usually pump mine up to about 35psi... so ummmm.... maybe you might have to wait for an answer from someone in the biz.

Good job for posting in the right section LOL :lol::clap:

Evo

ok heres a stupid question. will 38 psi damage my 205/55/r16s? becasue thats what the tyre shop pumped em too. im just used to pumping rubbers to 32 psi

If you have a look on the sidewall of your tyres it indicates the maximum PSI, and 38 is fine.

ok heres a stupid question. will 38 psi damage my 205/55/r16s? becasue thats what the tyre shop pumped em too. im just used to pumping rubbers to 32 psi

If you have a look on the sidewall of your tyres it indicates the maximum PSI, and 38 is fine.

Remember that pressures rise when the tyre gets warm. Because of that, you should always inflate or deflate tyres to a warm pressure, not a cold pressure. 38psi cold might be 42psi warm, and it's this warm pressure that is important as that is what the tyre will be at for 99% of your driving.

a few more stupid questions from me.

1. my car feels sluggish ever since i got new rims irs this becasue the alloys are heavier then the steelies or is it becasue of the tyres?

2. Will removing my intake resonator void the warranty, decrease my low end torque, give me that bad ***** whoosh noise?

a few more stupid questions from me.

1. my car feels sluggish ever since i got new rims irs this becasue the alloys are heavier then the steelies or is it becasue of the tyres?

Is the overall diameter of the new tyres larger than that of the old stock tyres?