rear power windows in ascent

buzz

hi all,

i got my car three weeks ago and part of teh package i got was power windows in teh rear.

i am a bit dissappointed as i was expecting a neat factory look, instead, i got small BLACK boxes for the switches in the rear attached to the door panel and switches attached to the dash next to teh mirror control for the driver controls, it is a very after market look and i just feel ripped off.

mind you, i love my car, everything else is great, but this just keeps nagging me. if i wanted after market looks, i could have got it cheaper getting them after market.

well, my question is, anyone else get this option? how did your car turn out? is it the same for the conquest and levin that have these as stnadard (i hope not)

if i take it back, do u think they can fix this issue?

Edited by buzz

u got pics of the buttons? i cant imagine what it looks like...

it may be dissapointing, but youre definately not ripped off. if it doesnt work, thats 1 thing. but if you went out and intentionally bought a car that didnt have rear power windows in the first place, (perhaps 2 save a few bucks?) then im not suprised the rear power window upgrade looks aftermarket.

if i were you, i would have complained as soon as i picked up the car... no wait. i just would have avoided buying a car that didnt have rear power windows as standard in the first place.

i guess you can either live with it, or try 2 buy oem parts from the wreckers to make it look like it came standard with the car which means more $$$ spent, or trade in again for a corolla that came with the rear power windows as stock.

Edited by JJCRU23R

u got pics of the buttons? i cant imagine what it looks like...

it may be dissapointing, but youre definately not ripped off. if it doesnt work, thats 1 thing. but if you went out and intentionally bought a car that didnt have rear power windows in the first place, (perhaps 2 save a few bucks?) then im not suprised the rear power window upgrade looks aftermarket.

if i were you, i would have complained as soon as i picked up the car... no wait. i just would have avoided buying a car that didnt have rear power windows as standard in the first place.

i guess you can either live with it, or try 2 buy oem parts from the wreckers to make it look like it came standard with the car which means more $$$ spent, or trade in again for a corolla that came with the rear power windows as stock.

here's some pics

post-5903-1197765589_thumb.jpg

the driver controls

post-5903-1197765604_thumb.jpg

the rear control

post-5903-1197765615_thumb.jpg

closeup of rear control

Hi all. I have a new Conquest with full power windows. The rear controls on a factory fit look nothing like the pitcures here. They are mounted into the arm rests just below the handle. In the front they are mounted on the drivers door with the front controls.

I'd post a pic but have no idea how. Sorry. :help:

Wow, that does not look aesthetically pleasing!

On the other hand, the controls are normally mounted on the arm rests, but the new rolla doesn't seem to have much bulk in the dept - maybe that's the only place they could mount the controls

Car models that do not come standard with power windows on the rear, when requested for, will received aftermarket power windows installed. They look nothing like the models that come standard from the factory....

Ripped off if you ask me....

lawl lucky i didnt get the rear power windows... its weird aswell because its the same door... just the conquest has it in the arm rest.. and ascent has it as an attachment ... i have the ascent .. and its very weird lol how could they do that when the control for the fronts are already in the armrests?? lol ..

Edited by -rez-

Is the accent's window handle (the non power) normally there? Is it possible there doing this because its quicker and covers the hole?

yeh actually now thinking about it, it does seem they did exactly that ... however.. i remember in our old holden, they had a small circular cover thing, that covered the hole for the manual winder? so i don't think they really need to change the whole door panel ?

my 2c worth i guess

Is the accent's window handle (the non power) normally there? Is it possible there doing this because its quicker and covers the hole?

yeh actually now thinking about it, it does seem they did exactly that ... however.. i remember in our old holden, they had a small circular cover thing, that covered the hole for the manual winder? so i don't think they really need to change the whole door panel ?

my 2c worth i guess

i also remember pulling those covers off when i was younger...

would probebly cost more if they had 2 replace your original parts for more stockish parts.

i think toyota did what they could in this situation.

my 2c worth i guess

what i meant by my post is that we had the lower model, and it didn't come with power windows at all we got it as an option, so i still believe toyota could have done better guess not lol.

I'll tell you what I think it is....

The little black box has a small motor in it running off the electrical system, which has a little output socket that clicks into the original window winder. So rather than having a scissor mechanism like regular power windows, it's just a little slave engine winding the window up and down for you...

Thanks Toyota for your dodgy 1980's aftermarket power windows ;)

yea that must be it?!

exactly what taylez said!

makes total sense that theres a little motor in there... except it would be cooler to say your rear windows have "actuators" like most of the moving parts they put into cars @ pimp my ride hahaha