Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

The prices from the eastern states are so much better prices than what we get in WA. I can understand we got the highest stamp duty in the country... but it seems to be much more than 1.5% the difference.

Might wait a while until their sales dry up a little. Been to 3 dealerships now... and they all wont budge from 58000 for an '08 2wd grande... so the best price so far is still 57500. Just worried the graphite colour may run out by then :(

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been to 3 dealerships now... and they all wont budge from 58000 for an '08 2wd grande... so the best price so far is still 57500. Just worried the graphite colour may run out by then :(

That's pretty pathetic. How much does it cost them to truck them to WA? No more than $500/car I guess. Advertised prices in Brisbane start at 56,990 drive away for 2WD so maybe it's due to freighting costs but you should still be able to do a couple hundred less than that at least. Try a car broker. And Silver or White is better than Graphite anyway.

Been to 3 dealerships now... and they all wont budge from 58000 for an '08 2wd grande... so the best price so far is still 57500. Just worried the graphite colour may run out by then :(

And Silver or White is better than Graphite anyway.

Maybe not better, more common is the word so they may be cheaper but in the end colour is irrelevant (not metallics that is a supposed extra) in the total price of the car leave that to the end of negotiations after you have closed the deal at the end of the day the cars are all the same/model spec if you know what I mean.....If you choose a colour at the beginning you give the dealer an big advantage in negotiations.

Hi everyone,

Just joined this venerable forum - first time Toyota owner.

Picked up an '09 KX-R FWD for $38.5K onroad - no real extras to speak of, still haggling with them over tinting, but got my choice of colour (black). Pick it up late March-early April

I am one very happy camper! :yahoo:

Is that a 7 seater or 5 seater?

Hi everyone,

Just joined this venerable forum - first time Toyota owner.

Picked up an '09 KX-R FWD for $38.5K onroad - no real extras to speak of, still haggling with them over tinting, but got my choice of colour (black). Pick it up late March-early April

I am one very happy camper! :yahoo:

Is that a 7 seater or 5 seater?

It's a 5 seater

Get a price from an interstate dealer. Get a faxed quote or email if you can.

Go to your local dealer and tell them what they are offering. If they wont match it, fly interstate and drive it back. A mate bought both his Porsche and his PT Cruiser from Brisbane because they were cheaper, and drove them back to Adelaide.

I wouldn't mind buying interstate... except Perth is like thousands of km's from every other major city. Not sure what the transport cost of a car would be... and i think there's probably other charges related to bringing a car from another state. Otherwise, WA dealerships would be out of business by now.

I wouldn't mind buying interstate... except Perth is like thousands of km's from every other major city. Not sure what the transport cost of a car would be... and i think there's probably other charges related to bringing a car from another state. Otherwise, WA dealerships would be out of business by now.

If you buy a new, or near new car, and bring it into the state, I don't think the fees will be as much as you'd expect. Especially if you buy it "on road" interstate.

I suggest you check with a couple of rail/truck freight companies and find out what the cost of transporting a car is.

Failing that:

Sydney to Perth - 3970km's - @ 10L/100 @ $1.20/L = $476

Melbourne to Perth - 3426km's - @ 10L/100 @ $1.20/L = $411

Adelaide to Perth - 2698km's - @ 10L/100 @ $1.20/L = $323

Or just pay the extra couple of grand... Your choice.

If you buy a new, or near new car, and bring it into the state, I don't think the fees will be as much as you'd expect. Especially if you buy it "on road" interstate.

I suggest you check with a couple of rail/truck freight companies and find out what the cost of transporting a car is.

Failing that:

Sydney to Perth - 3970km's - @ 10L/100 @ $1.20/L = $476

Melbourne to Perth - 3426km's - @ 10L/100 @ $1.20/L = $411

Adelaide to Perth - 2698km's - @ 10L/100 @ $1.20/L = $323

Or just pay the extra couple of grand... Your choice.

Not to mention Time to do it!

Edited by PC XT

Thx for all the feedback. Gives me a lot to think about. Gonna try once more time next wednesday night at 1 more dealership. Failing that, i'll prob go interstate, eitther Brisbane or melb. Apparently the transport cost is approx $800.

bah, can't be bothered... just accepted the deal with 57000 with no accessories. quite ok with it. i know a few people who bought it for 60000 in perth.

HI All, great forum, keep hagling with your dealers,

We have just signed for 2009 AWD Grande Pearl with Sand for $58948 drive away in VIC, should have it in 12 weeks fresh of the line....

We added Side Steps, towbar, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Roof Rails, car mats, for a total of $62416 drive away...

This was done over the phone with a country dealer, must have been a very Sloooow month.... As he did all the work, and was the First price he quoted.

Had other over the phone quotes from $72k to $67k, with the usual "come and see us"...needless to say this dealer got the job.

The others didnt even bother to match or better...

Not going to bother with the $2k Protection pack.....rather spend $300 a year at the detailers..

good luck to everyone else...

bah, can't be bothered... just accepted the deal with 57000 with no accessories. quite ok with it. i know a few people who bought it for 60000 in perth.

HI All, great forum, keep hagling with your dealers,

We have just signed for 2009 AWD Grande Pearl with Sand for $58948 drive away in VIC, should have it in 12 weeks fresh of the line....

We added Side Steps, towbar, Front & Rear Parking Sensors, Roof Rails, car mats, for a total of $62416 drive away...

This was done over the phone with a country dealer, must have been a very Sloooow month.... As he did all the work, and was the First price he quoted.

Had other over the phone quotes from $72k to $67k, with the usual "come and see us"...needless to say this dealer got the job.

The others didnt even bother to match or better...

Not going to bother with the $2k Protection pack.....rather spend $300 a year at the detailers..

good luck to everyone else...

Great buy ....dealers are hungry :toast:

Hi Guys

New member here and hopefully new Kluger owner soon as well. Enjoy the posts and sharing the wealth of advice here .......only wished I came across this site earlier. :(

Just asking for your honest feedback. Purchased a KX-R AWD 5 seater with Graphite Metallic, 6 cd stacker bluetooth kit, nudge bar, dash and floor mats for $45K OTR. Bought it back in early October from a WA dealership. Expecting to receive delivery this Friday (more than 3 months wait :( ) and the dealership has stated that I would be receiving a JAN 2009 build model. I guess I am a bit of an amateur bargainer after reading some of the posts here with the deals that have been negotiated.

I don't suppose that a can still negotiate genuine side steps and/or tow bar or even mud guards at this late stage? If anyone can help, what should I expect to pay for these additional accessories if I can't negotiate these in and is there much margin to negotiate with. Also, what cost would I be up for an additional row of seats.

Appreciate your feedback

Hi

When purchasing my new car the dealer told me if i wanted to wait for the 09 Built Klugers they will not arrive till the late February or March and they also advised me the 09 Models are subject to the price rise of 3% so i dont know if that will apply to you since you already negotiated the price last year.

With regards to negotiating the accessories it doesn't hurt to ask and see if they will give it to you... maybe you should talk to another dealer .. and see what price they are willing to give and then go back to the original dealer and tell them I got a quote and they are giving me this with all the accessories .. can you match that or else i will go to them .. i think you might just give up the deposit depending on the price difference i guess.

These are the prices listed on my receipt for the accessories:

Side Step: $903.63

Tow Bar: $803.78

Cargo Mat: $97.20

Floor Mats: $123.45

Front & Rear Parking: $859.10

Gud Luck

I quoted those prices to the accesories consultant after i signed the deal, and he said theres no way possible for him to match. Apparently, the best prices he can do are $1100 for side steps, 900 for nudge bar, 550 for front sensors, 470 for rear sensors and 120 for cargo mats. After talking for almost an hour, he wouldn't budge another dollar... i just walked out and said i need to rethink about those accesories. he didn't even attempt to keep me interested by sweetning the deal a bit.

If i were to get sensors after market, would they be able to match the colour?

Hey guys, i've had the kxs for touch over 6mhts, and havent encountered a situation where the front sensor is required, as once you've been use to the size (from a COmmodore) , you just know how big it is. Also rear has camera so once again, i'd rather see what i was doing than have the beeping as well(kids make enough noise)

they also advised me the 09 Models are subject to the price rise of 3% so i dont know if that will apply to you since you already negotiated the price last year.

I'm not sure about that... when my dealer went through the contract with me, he showed me a clause that mentioned they are legally able to pass on any price rises to you before they hand the keys over (luckily it didn't happen). Likewise if the price drops, it could end up cheaper for you.

the Aussie dollar are pretty weak atm and will be for sometime...

so unless China decides to buy our stuffs by the truck loads again all Japanese branded cars will get a price hike for sure...

the Aussie dollar are pretty weak atm and will be for sometime...

so unless China decides to buy our stuffs by the truck loads again all Japanese branded cars will get a price hike for sure...

They can't hike prices while GM Holden is slashing prices. Not if they want to keep selling cars. Some less profitable models may be discontinued in Australia though.

Also, although the AUD has plumeted, input costs for Toyota have also come down (raw materials, labor and logistics).

Edited by Colonel

I'm not sure about that... when my dealer went through the contract with me, he showed me a clause that mentioned they are legally able to pass on any price rises to you before they hand the keys over (luckily it didn't happen). Likewise if the price drops, it could end up cheaper for you.

When is a dealer ever going to give you a price drop? :) Normally the same clause also says that if there is a price rise you have the option to terminate the contract of sale without penalty to you. I guess 3% on a $50,000 car is $1500 so it is not an insignificant amount. My response to the dealer would be to threaten to terminate the sale if they wish to raise the price, and be prepared to go through with it. You will have even more barganing power there if they have already outlayed the $$$ to fit any accessories to it. At the moment I don't think a dealer would risk losing a sale over that sort of amount.

I quoted those prices to the accesories consultant after i signed the deal, and he said theres no way possible for him to match. Apparently, the best prices he can do are $1100 for side steps, 900 for nudge bar, 550 for front sensors, 470 for rear sensors and 120 for cargo mats. After talking for almost an hour, he wouldn't budge another dollar... i just walked out and said i need to rethink about those accesories. he didn't even attempt to keep me interested by sweetning the deal a bit.

If i were to get sensors after market, would they be able to match the colour?

Forget about Toyota accessories.. Just get the stuff that you pretty much can't get anywhere else (Custom Kluger mud flaps, floor mats, cargo mat). The other stuff you can get better and cheaper elsewhere. I got the Kingsley Bladerunner side steps (aluminium) for $770 fitted. Way better than the Toyota side steps (which are not Aluminium AFAIK). As for parking sensors, you should be able to get both front and rear for a total of under $500 fitted and color matched. Just call up some car accessory shops and get some quotes. Dealer fitted accessories are generally a rip off. As for tinting, just get the front windows tinted for ~$130 'cause all the other windows have privacy glass which blocks a good deal of UV, light and heat.

At Fowles car auction today in Sydney, 5/2008 Kluger K-R 4wd with 22K km sold for between 38 and 39 K!!! (they will not give an exact price)

Add to it an auction fee, transfer duty and rego and its almost as much as one can get one new from a dealer!!!

some people just do not do their homework :whistling:

it had a bull bar but no tow!

In December, the 2007 K-S 4wd (with bull & tow) with 17K km sold for 37K - a better buy :toast: