Toyota makes the most lasting cars

madness... I plan on going across to KL for a day or two during my trip to singapore, end of feb...

Did you see the Top Gear episode where they trashed the hilux?

Even better was part 2, where they put the still running, but burnt and crushed, hilux 20 floors in the air on top of a building that got demolished!!

It still started after they blew up the building :toast:

yeah i know ey..its so cool..they like tried everything possible..n they still drove it into the studio at the end of the season..i was so surprised...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO toyota :P

So becareful if u c a broken down toyota..might be like this :P

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As my user name may suggest, I have a Corona 1975 RT104, you can't kill these things with an axe. There is a road that passes through a creek near my house with no bridge, i.e. the road dips down to the bottom of the creek, and whenever it rains it would the water level would rise to about 50-60cm.

Anyway I used to pass through this creek everyday to work, the thing used to fill up with water to just above my ankles. I must done this about 30 times, and did not bother it.

In my back paddock there was small hill, about 2 meters tall, well I used to jump the rona off that numerous times, and still drive it on the road the next day.

I used to burnouts with it like you would not believe, it used to axle tramp like crazy, you would think the dashboard would fly off it would shake that much.

These things were built very tough.

go the COROLLA :yahoo:

toyota_corolla_bomb.jpg

toyota_corolla_bomb1.jpg

toyota_corolla_bomb2.jpg

toyota_corolla_bomb3.jpg

=) its still running =D

the only place u can drive a car like that =) no place like Malaysia..hahaha..im sure he`s gonna get stopped soon..

Toyota AHHHhhh What A FEeling :toast:

*pics courtesy of www.scrup.com.au*

hahah thats down @ PJ area!!! if unlucky i mite bump into the car if i go back!!

My old GF was running her Celica... with so little oil it didn't show on the dipstick when I checked, it was 40,000 km's overdue for service, and it still ran like normal, and still does to this day. Yes after my pleading about car cruelty it has been serviced.

My old GF was running her Celica... with so little oil it didn't show on the dipstick when I checked, it was 40,000 km's overdue for service, and it still ran like normal, and still does to this day. Yes after my pleading about car cruelty it has been serviced.

Living proof that toyota makes the most lasting cars..what more can u say :P

Toyota may not make the most powerfull vehicles, but they certainly make the most relaiable.

Many make engines to last 300K kms, but few make cars that can. Compare any falcon or Commodore to a Camry or Corolla at that milage.

The first two, the interior will be worn, the brakes and suspension will be RS and basically the car will drive like crap.

The latter two on the other hand, will still drive pretty well

Living proof that toyota makes the most lasting cars..what more can u say :P

my sportivo broke down last december, CAI and a underestimated puddle don't mix. snapped cylinder one and two conrods lol, oh the pain

how big was the puddle? :(

well, i got out to push my car n the water was halfway between my ankles n knees? <_< pretty deep, i push it out of the 'puddle' then i pushed it another 10 meters away from the 'puddle', slept in my car coz i didn't wanna leave it. called towtruck in the morning.

sorry late reply

my sportivo broke down last december, CAI and a underestimated puddle don't mix. snapped cylinder one and two conrods lol, oh the pain

how big was the puddle? :(

well, i got out to push my car n the water was halfway between my ankles n knees? <_< pretty deep, i push it out of the 'puddle' then i pushed it another 10 meters away from the 'puddle', slept in my car coz i didn't wanna leave it. called towtruck in the morning.

sorry late reply

thats like a freakin pond or lake man..hahaha..what were u doin in there :P