HELP me choose which corolla to get!!!!

one sweet day ill end up trading up my conquest for a sportivo, but id still choose the 03-04 over the 05, simply because id have more options with the front end. if the grille wasnt joint to the front bar then i wouldnt mind going for the 05... but thats all just cosmetics!

the guts in both are gonna be the same as many have mentioned before, so either way, i say youd be blessed to own either one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ooy33h - good post. :toast:

Test drive them both - can you feel the difference? . :ph34r:

1. Go to Toyota

2. Get a test drive.

3. Make up choice.

4. Go to somewhere other than Toyota to buy the car. (i.e. Private Sale)

Consider the factors already discussed:

- What price?

- How many kms?

- how long you intend to keep it?

- Are you going to keep it stock or not?

If you can, I'd get the '05 model. More "up to date", smoother lines etc.etc. There are minor little interior details that have been added to the '05. Should be lower Km's as well, and a better chance for log books.

Thanks RME1....i agree....see if you can get an 05 model...if not then the 03...at the.end of the day...they are both sportivos....:) GL stephen

im with sinan on this our cars dont look like chicks cars :unsure:

05 ftw!!

I do think the 03-04 looks more manly.... :yahoo:

Were u wearing your reading glasses when you compared the 2 corey??? :blink:

nice call LMFAO!!

im with sinan on this our cars dont look like chicks cars :unsure:

05 ftw!!

I do think the 03-04 looks more manly.... :yahoo:

Were u wearing your reading glasses when you compared the 2 corey??? :blink:

nice call LMFAO!!

Considering i have own'd both Id say i have more of an idea :toast:

More torque in the 05 Models? I dont think so.

Points to consider

- 03/04 models needed the ECU and the Airbox replaced. 05 Models had the recall done before they were released

- 03 models have larger exhaust manifolds than the 04 and 05 models. The headers were changed (by my knowledge) after the May delivery.

- 05 models have different brake pads, therefore the rotor issues on the 03/04 dont exist on the 05.

- 03/04 models look more aggressive, 05 models look classier!

- Colourwise, blue and black looks better on 03/04, red and white look better on 05 :P

- 05 has more creature comforts inside.

i was in the same dilemma when i was gonna get my sportivo, 03-04s are cheaper priced given their age, but at the right time for the right price, a black 05 came into my posession. 05s look much more nicer IMO.

Definitely go 05

yeah gotta love the all auto windows wind down..

but yeah, i've driven 03/04 stivo's, celica's and they've driven mine...

and all have commented on that my 2005 have a smoother gear box and clutch, well if people think otherwise, it might of just been there cars...

that and the 05 models have a arm high kinda glove box, where u can rest your elbows, good when your in traffic, like me, everyday, grhhh... but that's no biggie, you can probably get one from the wreckers.

but in the end, its how much you want to spend, what you like better all round..

Just test drive all models, and see how you like them...

interesting about the window winders on the 05 stivo..

in theory, would these buttons work if you took them out of the stivo and installed em into a prefacelift conquest by any chance?

if so, might take a short trip to the wreckers

in theory, would these buttons work if you took them out of the stivo and installed em into a prefacelift conquest by any chance?

Yup, pretty sure Mr North has done the swap

Yup, pretty sure Mr North has done the swap

And pretty sure Mr North found out that it dosent work...all the plugs are diff and there isn't enough wires...

Own a 04 sportivo, how do u find out if the ecu and airbox has been changed?

There will either be a sticker in the front door well or on the door or on the firewall. But failing that since not all dealers put the sticker on, is to open the air box and look at the fin in the intake. If you have the mesh there then you will need the recall done, the single fin is fine. The final option is to contact a dealership and give them your VIN # as Toyota have a record of all recalls performed.

05 FTW, front end looks far better than the girly 03 model front haha...

Main thing I like about the 05 front is the tear drop and also, the side of the headlights follows the same lines on the guard, it all seems to work with each other...

Got an '05 Stivo for my now ex gf but thinking about buying one for myself, I have ever since I got that one for her haha...

05 FTW, front end looks far better than the girly 03 model front haha...

Main thing I like about the 05 front is the tear drop and also, the side of the headlights follows the same lines on the guard, it all seems to work with each other...

Got an '05 Stivo for my now ex gf but thinking about buying one for myself, I have ever since I got that one for her haha...

you deserve an 05 mate. she cant be the only one driving in a late model corolla. :toast:

Thanks for that, so in the airbox (that being where the flat panel air filter is right?) i take that out and have a look and it should have a single fin looking thing? As long as it doesnt have this mesh your talking about i should be right then? If not any ideas on how expensive it would be for the ecu and air cap?

if not any ideas on how expensive it would be for the ecu and air cap?

the recall was done to ensure the car was ADR approved to be on aussie roads ...... it was a recall which was driven out of DOTARS so it wont cost u a cent if toyota hasnt done it ...... it is to be done for free .... this is why they keep a list of VIN #'s which have had the recall done.

I'm still a huge fan of the facelift.

However if I now had the choice between the two I'd still be leaning towards the pre-facelift. I hated it to begin with, but once it was styled properly it actually comes out looking rather aggressive with a set of eyelids and a big open mouth grille.