TRD Hilux now available

In the flesh they look too much like every other Hilux on the road. Toyota need to make them more visually different and striking to stand out as a "TRD" model. Interior is same just logo on the seats and different steering wheel. Disappointing to pay that much for a set of rims that look like hub caps, a super charger, a different front bumper and a few stickers and TRD logo's on seats etc.

AUD60k? i surely wont pay for tat!

I wonder why hilux in malaysia cost sooo much cheaper in malaysia. When compare other cars(camry, landcruiser, bmw, mez..), australia's car always cheaper(due to tax), but just NOT hilux. Anyone here from same country?

One of the guys I know who's driven the TRD Hilux out at Mt Cotton in a test session has described it as "gutless" in comparison to the TRD Aurion.

I wonder why hilux in malaysia cost sooo much cheaper in malaysia. When compare other cars(camry, landcruiser, bmw, mez..), australia's car always cheaper(due to tax), but just NOT hilux. Anyone here from same country?

Spotted the TRD Hilux at the Easter Show and it looked great... but yes, overpriced, but when the SR5 TD is $50K, an extra $5-$10K isnt a huge jump in price for the TRD

They should bring out a TRD Rav4, that would surely sell alot more...

The reason the Hilux is cheaper in Malaysia, is because they are made in Thailand, So alot of Asia would get the Hilux for cheap...

if my prices r not outdated :P 110k for a corolla in msia.. but only 90k for a hilux in msia.. wtfbbq? lol

To me it looks a bit underspecced in the poverty pack 57k and you only get single CD and no fog lights???

The interior in the 4000SL looks like an after thought as from the pictures and the blurb it appears that the door panels are either vinyl or material not leather. Sat Nav is an extra on both one would think it would have been standard on the 4000SL. As for appearance it doesn't exactly set the world on fire.

Overall I think more could have been done for the price :(

if my prices r not outdated :P 110k for a corolla in msia.. but only 90k for a hilux in msia.. wtfbbq? lol

yea, i think this is the price in my knowledge too, which is i think 6 months ago.. price might change..

i will take note when i go back malaysia next time(dec) and see if we can get TRD hilux in malaysia!! woo!