Well i don't think he will post on here again . Chr%st , why bother if all your going to post is that sh%t in reply . :wacko:

Edited by da68za

Thanks for reminding me why i dont come on here much any more

your not the only one who thinks that

Yes i know mrs sportivo u have made quite a lot of us feel this way since u arrived.

Yes i know mrs sportivo u have made quite a lot of us feel this way since u arrived.

actually lols the people that have told me why they dont visit here often anymore is actually because of people like you

and they'v been thinking that even before i came along, something about you guys have all become rude mofo's

yeah LOL take a long good think about it, then think how did i really come up with the name keyboard warriors ? i didnt think of it - someone else did

suprised ?

It's a community website though. We can't link stuff like lemonparty on here. Even Nelson wouldn't do that (that's saying something).

Swearing here and there isn't so bad though, but a bunch of old yoda-spec guys...anyway.

I'm lol'ing @ the look that must have been on Silva's face, but still lol.

FYI I didn't click the link but got done by something similiar on a forum by a mate a few years ago. I deleted it because a lot of people access this forum during work time and if the "wrong " eyes saw what I think it was on the screen could lead to dire consequences.

hence why it

A - breaches forum rules

B - if anything similiar gets posted in the future the offending member/s will be banned for a certain amount of time from this forum.

Let this be the last warning to all as this is a car forum about Toyota's not what sort of lifestyle you lead behind closed doors.

If you want to talk about it then find the appropriate forum.

cheers SB

actually lols the people that have told me why they dont visit here often anymore is actually because of people like you

and they'v been thinking that even before i came along, something about you guys have all become rude mofo's

yeah LOL take a long good think about it, then think how did i really come up with the name keyboard warriors ? i didnt think of it - someone else did

suprised ?

OK, I'm sick of getting PM's about your posts so I woudl suggest that you pull your head. If you dont I will make your ban perminant without batting an eyelid.

Looking at this from an occasional user and contributor's POV to this forums, I believe some moderators are just as much at fault as some users in turning this into some sort of a shamble. Every few topics or so I'd see someone asking a genuine question and just getting flamed for no particular reason other than being new to this whole TOCAU.

I'm not going to point fingers at anybody, but I'm sure a few people over in WA would share my opinion when I say some people are just on here to cause 'friction', hence I'm not surprised at the claims people have been coming on here less, myself inclusive.

Just like anybody else, I like being accepted in any kind of community. If they show any signs of being stuck up or offensive I just don't bother talking to them again. There are two ways to tell people they are doing something wrong, a nice informative way and in a way which just oozes conflict.

I have to admit there are those users whose posts just shouts 'HI I'D LIKE SOME ATTENTION BECAUSE I TYPE LIKE AN IDIOT', but just because one or a selective few users do that doesn't translate to others being put down as well.

I for one wouldn't join this forum if I saw so many new posts being flamed, basically in the fear of my own post getting flamed as well. You guys need to take into account some people are computer illiterate and don't really know how to get around the site and search relevant information. No matter how many times you tell a person to use a search button, if they don't know of such a thing exists...the likelihood of them using it is as low as teaching an infant to talk.

Looking at this from an occasional user and contributor's POV to this forums, I believe some moderators are just as much at fault as some users in turning this into some sort of a shamble. Every few topics or so I'd see someone asking a genuine question and just getting flamed for no particular reason other than being new to this whole TOCAU.

I'm not going to point fingers at anybody, but I'm sure a few people over in WA would share my opinion when I say some people are just on here to cause 'friction', hence I'm not surprised at the claims people have been coming on here less, myself inclusive.

Just like anybody else, I like being accepted in any kind of community. If they show any signs of being stuck up or offensive I just don't bother talking to them again. There are two ways to tell people they are doing something wrong, a nice informative way and in a way which just oozes conflict.

I have to admit there are those users whose posts just shouts 'HI I'D LIKE SOME ATTENTION BECAUSE I TYPE LIKE AN IDIOT', but just because one or a selective few users do that doesn't translate to others being put down as well.

I for one wouldn't join this forum if I saw so many new posts being flamed, basically in the fear of my own post getting flamed as well. You guys need to take into account some people are computer illiterate and don't really know how to get around the site and search relevant information. No matter how many times you tell a person to use a search button, if they don't know of such a thing exists...the likelihood of them using it is as low as teaching an infant to talk.

Thats a really good post, and you will find that most people on the forum agree with u. Hence the "this place has gone to the hole" topic that most people ignored. I know the mods (myself included) may seem that we are very trigger happy sometimes but u need to see our point of view as well. If we do something we get flamed, if we don't we do anyway. Some people also need to remember that this is a car forum, and as such at least 90% of topics should generally be about cars. The problem is that toyota's aren't really the popular choice when it comes to big mods and therefore people only want to do the same little things. If every new member posted the same topic this place would be overrun with topics that would never get answers because the people who have the knowledge can't be bothered continually repeating the same things. I don't know what we are expected to do? We can either try and keeps things clean, or we can let in go wild. If it goes wild, someone else can have my mod role and i will take my knowledge to another forum.

Anyone interested in my role? Send me a pm.

Thats a really good post, and you will find that most people on the forum agree with u. Hence the "this place has gone to the hole" topic that most people ignored. I know the mods (myself included) may seem that we are very trigger happy sometimes but u need to see our point of view as well. If we do something we get flamed, if we don't we do anyway. Some people also need to remember that this is a car forum, and as such at least 90% of topics should generally be about cars. The problem is that toyota's aren't really the popular choice when it comes to big mods and therefore people only want to do the same little things. If every new member posted the same topic this place would be overrun with topics that would never get answers because the people who have the knowledge can't be bothered continually repeating the same things. I don't know what we are expected to do? We can either try and keeps things clean, or we can let in go wild. If it goes wild, someone else can have my mod role and i will take my knowledge to another forum.

PM sent.

Exactly right...

I've only been here for a year or so, but in that time a huge number of the old boys have left.

The cars I used to look at before I physically got my corolla can no longer be found on here - those users have left, and taken their knowledge with them.

And it continues. The more people get on here asking about CAI's and turboz and the like, the less incentive the old boys (such as Micky T, Xoom, MR22ZZ, Northy, Silvabullit etc etc) have to stick around. Even my good self, I am on here primarily to maintain social contact with the few friends I share this space with.

I do agree that the mods are getting a bit trigger happy - but that is because there are more newbies and less of them. Someone can only impart their knowledge so many times before they get tired and lose faith. One must educate themselves to an extent - this is an interdependent community; one cannot simply post for their own gain and reap the benefits.

WA boys - I don't know who you refer to as 'causing friction', but noone is against you. If anything, you are now the most active portion of this community. Which is why you also need to start taking some moderating responsibility, rather than being nice all the time. The old boys have left due to an influx of crap... I wager you too will do the same if noone keeps this place tidy.

So, back to the point, this thread was some random saying 'hello'. We were sceptical. I apologise to that member if we freaked them out.

Along the way, a little girl decided to turn this thread into smut.

This is the sort of behaviour moderators, and most of the responsible members, are against. We are not against newbies. We are against people having a crap in our forum. Keep it clean and courteous or, as already said, take it to another forum where you wont have to whine because a trigger happy mod flamed you.

PS - You know I want that badge... but you also know I have a brief item on the agenda before my impartial judgement takes effect :spiteful: :P

PM sent.

Pm denied :yahoo:

Agree with you micky 10000%. We're dammed if we and dammed if we don't. I get roughly 3 posts a week over posts in wrong areas, inflammatory or rude comments, or just plain old spammers floggin shoes. I'd be happy to leave it be but then newbies would never never never find any info they wanted because of all the crap.

Seriously if you want to post crap and inappropriate stuff then go and join Boostlosing forum I mean boostcruising forum.

If you have info on a toyota post it up or are looking for info then search for it on this forum.

All other stuff unsuitable leave it somewhere else. Or face the mods wrath.Simple.