2005 models going for 152kw??

2zz-ge

Today, i went to Clinton dealership at Lakemba and went around looking at the sportivo over there.

I asked a dealer what difference is there gonna be with the 05 and the 04 model.

The dealer who was about late 20s said confidently that the new models will go at 152kw.

For a moment, i was like :blink: , you're kidding me!! So i thought it must have been exaggerated information. However, he also mentioned that in future that a new echo will feature the 2zz-ge engine.

Well he also added that the price of the stivo will go for about 33k driveway but Phil Gilbert Lidcombe quoted an esimate of 31k driveaway.

I'm not sure how valid his claims are but is 152kw for the 2005 model feasible?

Edited by 2zz-ge

Today, i went to Clinton dealership at Lakemba and went around looking at the sportivo over there.

I asked a dealer what difference is there gonna be with the 05 and the 04 model.

The dealer who was about late 20s said confidently that the new models will go at 152kw.

For a moment, i was like  :blink: , you're kidding me!! So i thought it must have been exaggerated information. However, he also mentioned that in future that a new echo will feature the 2zz-ge engine.

Well he also added that the price of the stivo will go for about 33k driveway but Phil Gilbert Lidcombe quoted an esimate of 31k driveaway.

The 2005/6 Model Toyota Corolla Sportivo Facelift will only have 141kw as per pre-facelift model, of which most peoples on this forum have. His claims of 152kw are incorrect.

If you want to see what the facelift model looks like, follow this link http://www.toyota.co.za/models/viewmodel.aspx . The facelift Toyota Corolla Sportivo will be released in Australia May 2005.

The FACTS of the 2005/6 Model Toyota Corolla Sportivo are as follows and are correct.

Drivetrain

The revolutionary VVTL-i (Variable Valve Timing and Lift – intelligent) engine constantly varies the timing and lift of the intake and exhaust valves to optimise power and fuel efficiency. The VVTL-i engine generates 141kW at 7800r/min.

Exterior

16" alloy wheels.

Front and roof spoilers.

Colour-coded mirror housings, door handles and side protection mouldings.

Comfort and convenience

Leather seat facings.

Leather and aluminium gear knob.

Automatic climate control.

In-dash 6-CD changer.

Multi-function trip information display.

Optitron instruments.

Front and rear electric windows.

Electrically operated exterior rear view mirrors.

Map reading lamps.

Safety

Driver and passenger airbags.

ABS brakes with EBD.

Front safety belt pre-tensioners and force limiters.

Safety belt warning lamps.

Front fog lights.

The only difference with the new Model Toyota Corolla Sportivo and the old is cosmetic, as per normal facelift model. Picture on new Stivo at the bottom of this post, acquired from the South African Toyota site, of which our vehicles are sourced from.

post-158-1103456486_thumb.jpg

Edited by sport1vo

Anything is possible. Yesterday i saw a HSV GTS with a 360 emblem on it, i thought they only made 300kW, this one had 360.......i presume kW....now that is power!!!!!!

All VZ HSV's now come standard with a 6.0L 297kw powerplant. :P

The VZ HSV GTS (to be released 2005) will come with a 6.2L :huh:360kw maybe? :huh: powerplant; as per CSV.

For more details, http://www.ls1.com.au and http://www.hsv.com.au

Edited by sport1vo

I thought the facelift t-sports from overseas are only 141kw.

wont we get the same specs?

Th echo will only be released 2006. Don't listen to the salespeople, they don't know anything...

ZeeRoLLa, spot on.

Yeah, spot on Zee.. I remember a salesperson telling me that the thought of a Celica motor in a Corolla was ludicrus and the idea of leather in it...well, "do it yourself" he said to me...

Can you believe that

What a knucklehead.....

Well, that model seems to lack something.

No side skirts, WTH.

I thought it would have looked like this

2005_T_Sport_3.jpg

man, i thought they were gonna come during february. I can't wait any longer than March :angry:

May is awfully late for me, i'll be busy in my first year of uni.

I know a dealer who owns a sportivo himself and he says they will come out during february.

Btw, does any have a picture or URL to the JDM Runx which uses the 2zz-ge engine? I heard they pull out 150+kw.

Edited by 2zz-ge

2zz-ge i feel exactly like you man. Had been waiting since June and i tho Feb 05 is the worst situation but now its May 05! :( what ***** me off is that those toyota dealers are bloody ill-informed or pretty cunning, all they want is to get you deposited! :angry:

Yea, i'm pretty pee'ed off

i wouldn't get the quality time to play with it if i got it after march

If i'm not wrong, i think that Lakemba dealer was referring to the Japanese Spec Corolla.

JDM Corolla

Edited by 2zz-ge

For a moment, i was like  :blink: , you're kidding me!! So i thought it must have been exaggerated information. However, he also mentioned that in future that a new echo will feature the 2zz-ge engine.

Haven't all current Sportivo's got around 150kw (unofficial) since the ADR recall....????? I could be wrong, but this is what my sources told me....

Well, either way, i dont really care if it's 141 or 152kw for the 2005 model. I'm happy with both amount of power.

lol if it's 152kw, it would be nice and it will probably be the jdm spec engine.

As long it does lack any feature of the prefacelift model, i'm happy. So far from that runx rsi that i saw, IT'S MISSING THE BODY KIT.

Edited by 2zz-ge

Well, either way, i dont really care if it's 141 or 152kw for the 2005 model. I'm happy with both amount of power.

lol if it's 152kw, it would be nice and it will probably be the jdm spec engine.

As long it does lack any feature of the prefacelift model, i'm happy. So far from that runx rsi that i saw, IT'S MISSING THE BODY KIT.

Mate the JDM Spec 2ZZ-GE IS OUR 2ZZ-GE. Actually they are 1KW down on our adverstised 141KW at 140KW! Check the JDM Toyota website and search for the TRD tuned RunX. They tell the whole story of the TRD tuned RunX and how they managed to increase the stock 140kw (190ps) to around 150kw (215ps) if that is the figure you are looking for.

Zee

ya reckon a hsv with 360kw is good i was reading a ford mag the other day at my mates place and there was a place in melbourne that are doing XR6 turbo upgrades. the upgrade motor alone would cost $38.000 but add that and the cost of a XR6 body and its still way cheaper than a gts monaro 360kw. anyway the power they are getting out of the XR6 turbo motor is f@#$%n offtap. the motor no changing anything on the car just motor upgrade claims 750kw that is huge kw power m8. dont worry about 360 thats nothing. if i could afford one id buy it tomorrow.lol show some of these rexs skylines a thing or 2 lol.

but im quite happy with my NON turbo stivo.

Anybody seen or heard of the CAPA crewman? It belongs to Robbie Bolger who runs Donut King stuntriders who do the bike stunts,utes, Jet powered Hiace van and another Hiace with a 308 stroker in it. Awesome bits of gear. Well the Crewman has got 20's under it, Brembo 6 potters on the front and 4's on the rear with huge cross drilled and slotted rotors as well. Under the bonnet resides a 5.7 gen 3 with some internal mods(cam,lifters,rockers,forged pistons etc) and a vortex supercharger. CES made the pipes and exhaust sysyem for it and at it's last outing it pushed 958 odd hp at the wheels! I went for a ride in it with about 550 atw and I was like a kid in a candy store. Noise,inertia what else? It was awesome the amount of grunt this thing pushes. Now it nearly has double the amount of power so I'll try to get a ride in it next time I go to his place and I'll let you know what it's like.

Kind of makes the stivo feel somewhat slow in comparison...

Hey Guys. TheToyota SA website is not up to date according to Toyota SA. Some sales people down here are also claiming 153Kw available from the new RSi (your Sportivo) which will be available 2nd week Jan 2005 in SA.

Also ... we dont get a Sportivo ... we get the RSi without the bodykit, the kit is optional.

But like some1 in the discussion said ... Sales people dont know much. I will let you know if I hear anything else.

• 1 month later...

hi guys

they say the power has'nt changed , just a retuned echaust ect ... but accoding to a friend the change over point has been reduced to 4000 rpm ... i personally can't see such a drastic change but we'll see ????

yeah guys HSV sometimes make one offs with extremely tunes engines so i agree it is quite possible for the peeps to be making 360.

yeah i don't think the lift wil be coming on at 4000rpm he engine would not shift enough and oil pressure would not be high enough.

would be nice to rck and extra 10kw at the fly though :D B)

yeah i don't think the lift wil be coming on at 4000rpm he engine would not shift enough and oil pressure would not be high enough.

would be nice to rck and extra 10kw at the fly though :D  B)

Definitely confirmed guys. New exhaust; air box and ECU ... no extra power, Lift still kicks in at 6000RPM (not 4000RPM) ... so essentially ... an old one should whip a new one considering how sluggish they are without mileage on them :D