Toyo Proxes 4

neK

I need to get some new tyres for my car Conquest running on 16" Sportivo rims.

Obvious problem, my car has a load rating of 88V, most 205/50/16 are <87V.

Proxes 4 are rated 91V, so this looks like one of the few choices (unless i decide to ignore the load rating or got 205/55/16.

Anyways, does anyone have any recommendations for tyres, i personally did not like the dunlops that the rims were shipped with because the traction wasnt great, but at the same time, they did last quite a while (approx 40,000 km for me).

Any other tyres that come close to lasting that long but with good grip, dont want to be replacing tyres every 20,000km.

If you guys got any suggestions that would great!

Thanks!

Proxes 4

205/50/R16 91V - $160 each - Blairs Cabra (8 to 4pm Sat)

205/50/R16 91V - $165 each - TyrePower Kogarah (8 to 12 Sat)

205/50/R16 91V - $168 each - JDMYard

205/50/R16 91V - $179 each - Franks Automotive Marrickville (8-5pm Sat and 7 to 7 M/F) Comes with free Front + Rear wheel alignment

205/50/R16 91V - $180 each - Blairs Peakhurst (Front + Rear Wheel alignment = $64)

205/50/R16 91V - $180 each - MAATOUK TYRE SERVICE BELMORE

205/50/R16 91V - $199 each - Jax Tyres Liverpool

205/55/R16 91V - $135 each - TyrePower Kogarah (8 to 12 Sat)

205/55/R16 94V - $165 each - MAATOUK TYRE SERVICE BELMORE

T1R's

205/50/R16 87W - $235 - Jax Tyres Liverpool

Edited by neK

Im using these and loving every bits of them.. (bang for buck!) they mite not grip hardcore like other tyres some members has but i heard that toyo are not as soft as the kumho for example (correct me if im wrong) hence you get more K's out of it and yet the sticky business..

i tried these on relatively wet grounds.. they definitely grip well! :)

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'll try to get some this weekend.

Any know of where i can get them cheap in Sydney?

OK i called around and got some pricing.

Refer to 1st post :)

Also called Bob Jane @ Bankstown, he was trying to sell me Yokohama Adrives R1 for $179.... the yokohama's any good?

Edited by neK

Im using these and loving every bits of them.. (bang for buck!) they mite not grip hardcore like other tyres some members has but i heard that toyo are not as soft as the kumho for example (correct me if im wrong) hence you get more K's out of it and yet the sticky business..

i tried these on relatively wet grounds.. they definitely grip well! :)

I was briefly sponsored by Toyo, at first I used the 888 semi's then they had the TPG's (street tyres )which I used 2 sets for the whole season of hillclimbs & daily driving.

Now I've got a set of Proxes & the grip is noticable compared to its older version & its been two years of country & city drives & the wear seems very moderate as my rolla is a baby trolley slash daily drive.

Kumho seems a lil too hard & traction questionable in the wet at times,Yokos are great but might not be bang for your buck material by the price of them Same as Advans..Dunlops cousin the Direzza is a pretty good comparison to the toyo but still a lil pricey..

Now I've got a set of Proxes & the grip is noticable compared to its older version & its been two years of country & city drives & the wear seems very moderate as my rolla is a baby trolley slash daily drive.

Kumho seems a lil too hard & traction questionable in the wet at times

Thanks Mo for sending me to Paul @ Tyrepower Canning Vale. Very helpful guy, very friendly :D Will definitely do all my suspension work @ that place from now on :P

and with the kumho, jeremy did find that they dont cope as well in rly wet grounds and he says it feels REALLY mushy after a long drive (hence i assumed it was soft tyres)

:)

Thanks Mo for sending me to Paul @ Tyrepower Canning Vale. Very helpful guy, very friendly :D Will definitely do all my suspension work @ that place from now on :P

and with the kumho, jeremy did find that they dont cope as well in rly wet grounds and he says it feels REALLY mushy after a long drive (hence i assumed it was soft tyres)

No problems at all Ken

Paul has been a great help in my tyre & suspension know how & an active supporter of car clubs.I would recommend any of our WA members to check with him for tyre prices or suspension setups.He's got some staff there that actively races & very cluey & their input in the past have been the difference from bottom twenty to top ten placings..

No problems at all Ken

Paul has been a great help in my tyre & suspension know how & an active supporter of car clubs.I would recommend any of our WA members to check with him for tyre prices or suspension setups.He's got some staff there that actively races & very cluey & their input in the past have been the difference from bottom twenty to top ten placings..

yeah after a long drive..or if i drive hard..my tyres become mushy :P

Bozupapa..prob gonna change a whole set of toyo`s too :) hook me up

so far the ones ken got is cheap..like $175 per corner??

Toyo T1R's 205/55/16 @ Blairs Lansvale/Cabramatta are $180 each which are great if you can get the extra $20 for each tyre, but the Proxes 4 are really good too from most of the people I've spoken to.

Toyo T1R's 205/55/16 @ Blairs Lansvale/Cabramatta are $180 each which are great if you can get the extra $20 for each tyre, but the Proxes 4 are really good too from most of the people I've spoken to.

damn the eastern states rly gets it cheaper then us..

Hey Ken,

I got the Proxes 4 for $155 at Blairs for 205-40-17. So i think you will be able to get a better price there.

I really like these tyres. Well going from Falken's to these is no comparison. The toyo's are very grippy, i'm impressed especially in the wet. Plus it's got a cool tread pattern. :toast:

Hey Ken,

I got the Proxes 4 for $155 at Blairs for 205-40-17. So i think you will be able to get a better price there.

I really like these tyres. Well going from Falken's to these is no comparison. The toyo's are very grippy, i'm impressed especially in the wet. Plus it's got a cool tread pattern. :toast:

haha i've asked around.. other places charges me 180 - 190... :(

well i got them yesterday.... and i must say, they are definitely better than the stock sportivo tyres. LOL

Just waiting till it rains now and see how well they grip :)

Btw, two of my previous tyres 195/55/r16 still have approx 3000km on them, if anyone is look for some tyres in that size (whether its to tide them over till they do a full changeover or just want it for the hell of it). Just PM me.

They are FREE! :)

If no one is interested then ill throw them out.

hankook k104's are also bang for buck if you're looking for more options

wot the hell? speaking of which this morning i saw 4 porsche carreras, not 1, but 4 this morning.

and funnily enough they were all on k104's?

wots going on?!

is there a porsche club in melb that suddenly decide to promote the k104s?

what was interesting enough was that 1 carrera was a race car, like no kidding! all the flashy racing decals and an anti roll cage inside, and to think they had k104s on them.... :blink:

other 3 carreras were owned by separate owners with differing no. plates.

anywho, thought id drop that in seeing ppl ask whether proxies are good. toyo is in a similar price range as hankook, but hankook has been renowned performance and value in the euros, and theyre making their mark on here as we speak.

not saying just cuz ppl in porsches are cool, but u'd expect them to have continental rubber or something. just my 1cent.

Maybe theyve got some sorta agreement with a tyre supplier or club sponsor,testing out tyres maybe??..Hankooks on Porsches ? well i'll be..If I ownd a roll caged porsche it'll have some uppermarketed rubber like Pirellis or Mich's..as some of the local hillclimb cars ive seen in Perth they all use top end rubber.