Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

Will this make a difference on a Touring, since I dont have the sports suspension. I like the ride comfort, I just wanted to decrease body roll.

Definitely i got the ATX model, which i think is the same suspension as the Touring??

If you just want to improve body roll then just get the Front Strut brace, as when i tested the handling with just the front strut brace it significantly reduced body roll without comprising ride comfort it almost felt like the factory ride.

Just tested the front strut brace, wow it does help with the body roll a lot! Even the wife likes it....hehe

Excellent mod, every Aurion owner should think of having this done.

Great news! I hate the boat that the presara is. Didn't want to spend up on sway bars and springs.

Have to take corners at 20kmph

Edited by Freddo

I got the Front strut brace and the rear sway bar installed on the weekend and i say its made a massive improvement in handling particularly in turn in.

Body roll and under steer are also substantially reduced! It totally transforms the feel of the car i mean you can definitely feel that the car is more planted due to increased grip levels.

I also love the flat neutral balance of the car when cornering so i'm a happy campe and would highly recommend this mod - great bang for buck.

On a downside there is a slight increase in ride firmness due to the increase stiffness of the bars but it is totally acceptable for me (This is my daily ride).

Is it an Ultra Racing rear sway bar? how much was it? and how hard was it to install?

Someone sounds tempted.... :lol:

I'm tempted too....after feeling the effects of the front bar.

mate we will definatly get it in due time...im getting my springs 1st then look at the rear bar bit closer to easter cruise (its already got a name so you better organise it now hahah :lol: ) so definatly another double order :clap:

Grrr to you guys. Next time you are get some more of these components, let me know. I'll join in as well... unless of course I get to it sooner. I can't be left behind like this. I really need to get back to the drawing board. My Aurion can not be beat like this.

for me it took all of 5 mins for the front one (thats if your strong enough to get the bolts off hey elgin :lol: haha)...and if they have them in stock about 6-8 working days but if they have to get them from the states cos they've run out like in my case it take a couple of weeks

you wont regret it :D

Edited by eSEXSIX

Yes, my nut was stuffed. <- That sounds wrong

Took a mechanic only like 5 min to fix though, but I got billed 30 mins labour.

did they just undo that bolt, putting the brace on and putting the stuffed one back on again or did they actually replace it? :blink:

Edited by eSEXSIX

one that fits

Many make/model/design fits the camry.

How to choose?

There aren't too many out there that fit the Gen 6 Camry. Out of the ones that fit, you make your selection based on stiffness. This can vary depending on the material used and the thickness.

one that fits

Many make/model/design fits the camry.

How to choose?

There aren't too many out there that fit the Gen 6 Camry. Out of the ones that fit, you make your selection based on stiffness. This can vary depending on the material used and the thickness.

I know of 4 (so far)

Summit (http://www.nekketsu-racing.com/www/img/Camry08-stb-summit-l.jpg)

Alutec (http://www.camryclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=10022)

Ultra Racing (ofcourse) (http://www.camryclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=20707)

no name (http://www.camryclub.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=download&id=15176)

well im definately interested in getting one of these babies. considering im rather impressed with the aurions handling as it is (although i do notice roll here and there, ZR6 btw). if this stiffens it up and gives me a nice sharp turn-in then im there. :D

Darn it guys! I promised my wife I wasn't going to mod the Aurion....but this is all so tempting :help:

Well, you're the only one here that I can think of that has taken the Aurion to the track so far (good work on that once again), so you should be the perfect candidate to pick up a strut bar and/or the rear sway bar and take it back to Wakefield. Hehehe.