Ultra Racing Strut Bar

Pumped

So what has been changed between the Sportivo that the TRD started off from to the final TRD?

Does the stock TRD handle the same/better than the stock Sportivo?

Different springs and shocks, wider wheels an tires, and an alloy rear bumper support beam on the 3500SL. That's about it. Te springs and shocks make a pretty decent difference though.

So what has been changed between the Sportivo that the TRD started off from to the final TRD?

Different springs and shocks, wider wheels an tires, and an alloy rear bumper support beam on the 3500SL. That's about it. Te springs and shocks make a pretty decent difference though.

Cheers Daryl :)

Is the OE one the same across the whole Aurion range?

Yes. Even the TRD is 16mm stock.

The only difference is the rear anti-roll bars between the model range is that whilst they are all 16mm, the Sportivo's and TRD vehicles have solid rear bars not hollow like the prestige models.

Other than that the only difference between a Sportivo and TRD is a 15mm lower ride height due to lower stiffer springs, specially matched dampers to the spring rate. Little bit more camber to aid turn in and that's about it! other than the rear Reo on the TRD SL, thats bigger and thicker therefore more rigid.

so pretty much and Sportivo with lowered suspension and or different shocks and any of the Ultra racing products would handle very similar to a TRD especially is there wearing the same Tyre size :) only thing we miss out on is that shiny red TVS :( and bigg brakes!

aww haha i was slowly writting this up at work and took so long DJ had already answered it in the mean time lol

Edited by Adamsy

aww haha i was slowly writting this up at work and took so long DJ had already answered it in the mean time lol

That's DJ at his efficient best!! :D

Appreciate your thoughts and point of view as well! :D

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone in Bris keen on doing a group by for the rear sway bar?

I thought some1 here in the forum is a dealer in brissy?

I'd be interested but it depends on how good a discount they'll give for a group buy. See if you can get prices for 5 buyers etc. Also might be worth not only considering Aurion anti-roll bars but other toyota models as well so we can get more in the group buy (obviously be different prices, but it's still $$$ for UR so I'm sure they'd be willing)

OK so i have installed the UR front strut tower bar, will report back on the effect (if any) the front bar has. Have the RSB sitting here waiting to be installed, will attempt to get it done on the weekend.

For those interested Luis emailed me today. He now has stock of the rear lower bar/ rear member brace. :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok installed the rear sway bar, went in no problem, didnt even have to loosen off the exhaust bracket to squeeze it in! :P

just have one concern thou, the actual bar seems a lot thicker, and as a result the bolt holes where the studs sit through dont allow as much thread to contact... has anyone else had this problem? is it even a cause for concern? i used some loctite on the thread just in case... dont see any other fix for this?? basically the thread from the stud is sitting just flush with the top of the nut...

dsc03756.jpg

it is the bolt at the 7 o'clock position relative to the red circle... (props to darly for the image)

Edited by -DAvo

ok installed the rear sway bar, went in no problem, didnt even have to loosen off the exhaust bracket to squeeze it in! :P

just have one concern thou, the actual bar seems a lot thicker, and as a result the bolt holes where the studs sit through dont allow as much thread to contact... has anyone else had this problem? is it even a cause for concern? i used some loctite on the thread just in case... dont see any other fix for this?? basically the thread from the stud is sitting just flush with the top of the nut...

dsc03756.jpg

it is the bolt at the 7 o'clock position relative to the red circle... (props to darly for the image)

If it's sitting flush, then being able to tighten it further isn't going to be making it any stronger (assuming it's not a tapered bolt where the ends don't have any usable thread)

... has anyone else had this problem?

Have a read through the PM's I sent you before you fitted the RSB. I mentioned that you would come across this 'issue' and to answer you question, it's nothing to worry about.

... has anyone else had this problem?

Have a read through the PM's I sent you before you fitted the RSB. I mentioned that you would come across this 'issue' and to answer you question, it's nothing to worry about.

whoops, indeed you did! :P my bad.

just from driving around today i could certainly notice a difference in the handling of my car after the rsb was installed. very happy with this mod! will give it a good thrashing later tonight and report back, but so far it certainly feels "flatter" on the turns and sudden direction changes ( S bends) at higher speeds (whilst still legal!!! :P ) the car handles great. no need to get onto the brakes and feels very stable :)

For those of you that have upgraded the rear sway bar what size have you gone up too and would you recommend it? I see from previous posts even the TRD has the 16mm solid on it. Is it worth going for a slightly bigger one or does that sort out the ride enough? Not a racer but would like to stiffen the ride a little and ease up on the body roll. Just as a note this os for the Touring model

For those of you that have upgraded the rear sway bar what size have you gone up too and would you recommend it? I see from previous posts even the TRD has the 16mm solid on it. Is it worth going for a slightly bigger one or does that sort out the ride enough? Not a racer but would like to stiffen the ride a little and ease up on the body roll. Just as a note this os for the Touring model

The current Ultra Racing one we are using here is the 19mm bar. This one alone makes a fairly big difference over the stock 16mm.

There is also a 21mm one available, but unless you race your car on the track all the time, I wouldn't recommend it.

Those are the only two available.

well i went for a bit o a thrash last night when the roads were pretty quiet... didnt push it too hard, drove around town and into the hills (man i forgot how dark it gets out there!!! lucky i had my HID's, High beams, AND fogs lit up!! haha )

first impressions on things like roundabouts and long sweeping turns - the car stays a lot (A LOT) flatter and feels like its more in control. turn in feels a fair bit sharper (not sure if this is due to the RSB or strut bar OR BOTH) but definately around town the car feels a fair bit ncier to drive.

out in the perth hills (edit - a big ant hill) the car really felt a lot more in control.. taking from left turns that turn into a right hand turn the car really went where i steered it to go.

overall i would have to agree with those who said that this is a very worthwhile upgrade for the dollar value.

i cant wait to see what the car will handle like when i get the coilovers installed! :ph34r:

please use your head and dive safely.

well i went for a bit o a thrash last night when the roads were pretty quiet... didnt push it too hard, drove around town and into the hills (man i forgot how dark it gets out there!!! lucky i had my HID's, High beams, AND fogs lit up!! haha )

first impressions on things like roundabouts and long sweeping turns - the car stays a lot (A LOT) flatter and feels like its more in control. turn in feels a fair bit sharper (not sure if this is due to the RSB or strut bar OR BOTH) but definately around town the car feels a fair bit ncier to drive.

out in the perth hills (edit - a big ant hill) the car really felt a lot more in control.. taking from left turns that turn into a right hand turn the car really went where i steered it to go.

overall i would have to agree with those who said that this is a very worthwhile upgrade for the dollar value.

i cant wait to see what the car will handle like when i get the coilovers installed! :ph34r:

please use your head and dive safely.

Nice stuff :D

Front Strut + Rear Sway installed. Best $380 I ever spent!!!! Took it for a bit of a run tonight with my brother (just to verify that it was not all placebo effect)... He drives a Supra and has always complained about the handling of the big Aurions, but even he is now impressed with what they can do around corners. Love it.

• 4 weeks later...

the 23mm one is only advertised on the malaysian site...

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Bars.asp?ID=3616

if you want to buy it through them, you can:

http://www.ultraracing.com.my/Contact_Us_Paqe.asp

otherwise, email Luis @ ultra.racing.australia@hotmail.com and tell him that you saw it on the malay site and you were wondering if he could get one in for you... (might be cheaper, but it might be more expensive)

to be honest though, after reading your posts about the way you drive, the 23mm one is going to be a waste of money... the 19mm one will suffice... :)

Where can I find the 21mm rear sway? I can only seem to find the 19mm.

Personally, I agree with Ash. For your driving, 23mm is just going to be a waste. Even I don't feel the need for getting a RSB thicker than the 19mm one that I have unless I could get an upgraded front sway bar or do some suspension upgrades that will complement it.

But at the end of the day, it's your car, so make your decision based on what you want.